Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, wild caged animal said:

I don't think that American Standards & Classics album is coming anymore. They probably realized after Summertime The Gershwin Version that no one really cares. They're gonna release the chemtrails single with a music video instead

Catherine Deneuve GIF - CatherineDeneuve GIFs

Excuse you. The people care. We better get that covers album, it's going to be transcendent and glorious and the perfect thing to leave on repeat at my mom's place over the holidays.

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Excuse you. The people care. We better get that covers album, it's going to be transcendent and glorious and the perfect thing to leave on repeat at my mom's place over the holidays.

I was excited about it but Summertime was the wrong direction for me. Also, my Spotify says it has been played just 1.419.580 times which is pretty bad for them

Just now, wild caged animal said:

I was excited about it but Summertime was the wrong direction for me. Also, my Spotify says it has been played just 1.419.580 times which is pretty bad for them

I don't personally support any Summertime slander because it's amazing but to each their own. I still think the covers album is coming by Christmas. :umadney:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I don't personally support any Summertime slander because it's amazing but to each their own. I still think the covers album is coming by Christmas. :umadney:

I'm sorry, I really tried to love him but some things are just not meant to be. And we're definitely still talking about Summertime:kum:

On 12/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, wild caged animal said:

For what is largely a "classical" cover, 1.4 mil in under a month doesn't seem all that bad. And if we do get the standards album (wouldn't bet the farm on this, but hope etc.), it will be interesting if she addresses her Question for the Culture peeves more. I mean there could be a lot of interesting problematic songs she could  cover (e.g., Love for Sale, Why was I Born).

I feel like I’m the only person still excited for this album. I’d be thrilled to get Chemtrails sooner, but I’d be devastated if she scrapped this. I’d be fine if she delayed it though and put out Chemtrails first. I just want this to still happen. Ever since Lana covered Blue Velvet, I’ve been hoping for a standards album from her someday and it’s finally almost happening. So close but so far away....

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

18 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

I feel like I’m the only person still excited for this album. I’d be thrilled to get Chemtrails sooner, but I’d be devastated if she scrapped this. I’d be fine if she delayed it though and put out Chemtrails first. I just want this to still happen. Ever since Lana covered Blue Velvet, I’ve been hoping for a standards album from her someday and it’s finally almost happening. So close but so far away....

Zach Dawes’s latest story (with a cello) suggests she is still recording. I still think it’s coming before Chemtrails (I know it’s an unpopular opinion here lol), and I am very excited for it. Love Blue Velvet as well and The Good Life!!

Hey! For everyone who is bitching about the covers album, can you fucking get over yourselves and just accept that it's another side project just like her poetry. It might not appeal to you but 1) like all music it appeals to some people and 2) it's happening and 3) Chemtrails is still going to be released and there is no evidence that this side project is impacting on its release at all? 

It's literally just extra material so why the fuck is everyone complaining about nothing (as usual)? :ahh:

3lfQEhw.png

thinking bout how everyone moved when she talked about the Pacific Blue cover album but now y’all don’t want it... :yawn: seems like faggot behavior 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

5 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Hey! For everyone who is bitching about the covers album, can you fucking get over yourselves and just accept that it's another side project just like her poetry. It might not appeal to you but 1) like all music it appeals to some people and 2) it's happening and 3) Chemtrails is still going to be released and there is no evidence that this side project is impacting on the Chemtrails release at all? 

It's literally just extra material so why the fuck is everyone complaining about nothing (as usual)? :ahh:

and 4) it's getting released soon...unlike Chemtrails :oop2: let them cry

Capture.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

thinking bout how everyone moved when she talked about the Pacific Blue cover album but now y’all don’t want it... :yawn: seems like faggot behavior 

Especially funny because people are still bitching here about how she “lied” about Pacific Blue, not realizing that she originally only mentioned it hypothetically AND that this project is essentially that project anyway.

5 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

I just REALLY REALLY want 30s. I also want 60s/70s. That's all.

Catherine Deneuve GIF - CatherineDeneuve GIFs

Same. Give me every decade. Especially 30s.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

12 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

I just prefer Americana without segregation :ohsnap2:

That's a really arbitrary comment, seeing as the civil rights movement - and the initial steps towards the fight against racism in America - continued well into the 70s with the Black Power Movement (the decades you said you care about). Are you just using that as an excuse to say you don't like jazz staples, big band and old time musicals?

Because I've got bad news, the canonical works for the American Songbook goes from the 20s to the 50s. :eek:

3lfQEhw.png