Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 12/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, rightofjupiter said:

i really hope lana brings more of her sound/sonic world into the rest of the covers– summertime is such a traditional cover in that it doesn't really add anything new to the story of the song. i can appreciate lana staying true to the source material but i so much love the other woman and the good life and was hoping for more of that sound on this record. which i am choosing to believe will come out before the end of the year bc :smokes:

I feel the opposite way--I hope she continues in a classic vein in terms of the musicians, background vocals and instrumentation. 

It's not like this project is a surprise or anything and clearly this isn't gonna impact the charts like her studio albums, so I'm surprised at the silence from her and her team! They could've really made this more of an event...

Revealing the artwork and tracklist, if this is happening, I'm interested to see what songs she's covering! They could've done a Christmas countdown even, dropping a new song from the record each week til Christmas day (if that's the supposed release date). They don't all need music videos etc.

I dunno, I just don't have a good feeling about this, it'll be a pleasant surprise if it does come honestly. And if not, guess I'll just wait for Chemtrails next year.

This is absolutely not coming and went into the drawer with Pacific Blue

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I may be in the minority w this one, but I'd rather get this on Christmas Eve or Boxing Day than actual Christmas - I just feel like Christmas Day is toooooo busy, there's no way I'd have the time to sit and listen to it, let alone enjoy it with all of u guys!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

8 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

She mentioned this like once when she was at a chili’s on election night pls she was on the spot and made some shit up to deflect 

It will be funny if it does exist tho

the chaos of this announcement lol. Everyone was freaking out over Trump winning Florida and she just goes live, shows the electoral map, says “oh wow he’s winning Florida? that’s cool. Anyways sorry about the Chemtrails stuff but I’ll give you a christmas present of american covers”. and not a word is said again...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I think she did stay true to her word. One of the backing vocalists even posted a selfie in Conway Studios with a caption about how amazing it was working with Lana “over the week” after Summertime had already been released, so they definitely recorded this project.

Plus, Lana even said to Q Magazine regarding Pacific Blue that her and her musician friends “could probably do that album in a week” so I’m sure this covers record is done and will come this week!