Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think we’re getting this album. I BELIEVE. She recorded the Joe Biden-hymn-thing from the studio working on it and called the band her “standards crew.” I think it’s done and will [semi-]surprise drop tomorrow or Friday! :agree:

8 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I think we’re getting this album. I BELIEVE. She recorded the Joe Biden-hymn-thing from the studio working on it and called the band her “standards crew.” I think it’s done and will [semi-]surprise drop tomorrow or Friday! :agree:

Agreed! It'll appear on Spotify at midnight tomorrow night and then she'll post about it on Christmas saying "Merry Christmas everyone hope u enjoy the record of classics today"

25 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

im with u! 

aOaIzH2.gif

13 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I hurt my foot on a supermarket trolley but I think it's really shit if she doesn't say anything and doesn't release this for Christmas. I was expecting her to flake on it because it's less than two months for a whole album and I never thought she'd truly be capable, and it's not that I really care that much about it personally now that COCC is coming, but I know others were really looking forward to it.

Of course she doesn't give a fuck what some rando (me) on LanaBoreds thinks but I can't help but feel irritated. She still has like 48 hours 'til Christmas so you never know, but it's not looking good and if she doesn't drop it then imo she needs to at least explain why. It isn't good enough to just announce COCC for January 11.

:bye2:

Something like ""hey kids cocc isn't going to take as long as I thought so I've chosen to work on getting that to you sooner than expected rather than focusing on the covers album, which I will have for you at some point" would suffice.

This kind of sentiments are really dangerous tbh lcjnslfj everytime she announces something or does anything we're like "omg! now i can wait for X project now that she did Y", and then we end up with neither X or Y :deadbanana:

48 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This kind of sentiments are really dangerous tbh lcjnslfj everytime she announces something or does anything we're like "omg! now i can wait for X project now that she did Y", and then we end up with neither X or Y :deadbanana:

Tea but I felt this way even before she announced COCC yesterday. The covers album would be nice to have, but original songs are always going to be far more interesting imo

:whatever:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

15 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I hurt my foot on a supermarket trolley but I think it's really shit if she doesn't say anything and doesn't release this for Christmas. I was expecting her to flake on it because it's less than two months for a whole album and I never thought she'd truly be capable, and it's not that I really care that much about it personally now that COCC is coming, but I know others were really looking forward to it.

Yes, this is the huge problem. Her credibility really took a hit at one of her public images' lowest points when she doubled down on her question for the culture, told every hater to fuck off and promised she was going in guns blazing with a new album on 5 Sept, and then she didn't release Chemtrails, the date passed by and she finally said a off-the-cuff shitty non-comment to imply it was delayed (and didn't clarify to when). After NFR's year-long fuck around, I decided that all things Lana said would be with a grain of salt, but with the audacity she had on display this year I didn't think she would be okay with being called disingenous (or at worst, a LIAR) - but apparently she didn't care about her word or transparacy (again).

SO a few months later, promising to release a different album and not coming through again is really painful. I am not extremely invested in the repertoire, but I like the musical direction and have a sliver of hope she will follow through on her own word - although each day passing looks less and less likely and I CAN'T BELIEVE I GAVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AGAIN. Like, anything could be considered an album (or EP, it could be like 6 tracks and would be fine) but I'm not sure I could ever trust her with anything again if she can't get this out on time. She clearly has SOME material finished so come on Lana, throw up whatever you have on Spotify or BANDCAMP, say that the handful of songs are a gift for your fans, and keep to your word! 

3lfQEhw.png

I don't think she was planning on starting the Chemtrails era until next year, and her posting the teaser yesterday is probably the biggest sign that this isn't coming. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

15 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Of course she doesn't give a fuck what some rando (me) on LanaBoreds thinks but I can't help but feel irritated. She still has like 48 hours 'til Christmas so you never know, but it's not looking good and if she doesn't drop it then imo she needs to at least explain why. It isn't good enough to just announce COCC for January 11.

:bye2:

Something like ""hey kids cocc isn't going to take as long as I thought so I've chosen to work on getting that to you sooner than expected rather than focusing on the covers album, which I will have for you at some point" would suffice.

I'm really interested in this cover album, but I have always tried to keep my expectations very low, as it is "Lana's word", so... :eek2: 

Unfortunately, I don't see this album being released at Christmas, as she promised. And I want to be wrong, because having that kind of thing happening over and over again is tiring.

12 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

If she actually comes through till the 27th w/ this (for Christmas could mean anything) y'all be like 

5b8e108971e2c780e81348d52f2c0e55.jpg

I'm pretty confident I won't be wearing any clown dresses but I'm happy to be proven wrong

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

35 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Her credibility really took a hit at one of her public images' lowest points when she doubled down on her question for the culture, told every hater to fuck off and promised she was going in guns blazing with a new album on 5 Sept, and then she didn't release Chemtrails, the date passed by and she finally said a off-the-cuff shitty non-comment to imply it was delayed (and didn't clarify to when). After NFR's year-long fuck around, I decided that all things Lana said would be with a grain of salt, but with the audacity she had on display this year I didn't think she would be okay with being called disingenous (or at worst, a LIAR) - but apparently she didn't care about her word or transparacy (again).

SO a few months later, promising to release a different album and not coming through again is really painful. I am not extremely invested in the repertoire, but I like the musical direction and have a sliver of hope she will follow through on her own word - although each day passing looks less and less likely and I CAN'T BELIEVE I GAVE HER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AGAIN. 

THIS!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

16 hours ago, May said:

especially on Christmas Day of all days :awkney: 

This omg. I know we're not 11 yr olds but we're all expecting this xmas present from our fave, so if we don't get it it'd be just :rip: 

Okay I sense the annoyance that she hasn’t said anything...

It’s Lana, of course her impromptu livestream from Denny’s while watching the election announcement isn’t going to actually happen when it should. 

I don’t think she’s going to post anything and I don’t think it’s actually coming Christmas (although I really wish it would). I think her idea for the record is too grand for a quick month turnaround...one of the producers posted a pic of an instrument, strongly hinting they’ve been recording recently, and the backup singer posted that it’s been nice to work with Lana. The band she’s working with for the covers album has been doing everything with her (Fallon show, music video, summertime). I strongly believe she is working hard on this, but it’s unknown if it’s coming before or after Chtemtrails. BUT, I’m completely confident whenever we do get it, it’s gonna be incredible, and the overall record will be better because her and everyone involved have more time to perfect it!!

is it annoying that she hasn’t said anything about it?? Yes. But. I’ve stanned Lana for so long now I kind of phase the lack of communication out. That’s just how she is, always has been and always will be lol. In the first look at COTCC she literally says “see you soon 2030!” And during the livestream she said “I know I don’t keep you guys updated” 

she knows, she just isn’t gonna fix it so 

"Don’t forget me"