Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

I’m waiting til the end of December and if we haven’t gotten it or heard anything about, I’ll assume it’s been postponed til after Chemtrails. Also if we get anything Chemtrails-related before the month ends (single, video, preorder, etc.), then I’ll assume that’s her non-confrontational way of delaying this project. I wouldn’t even mind if it was delayed as long as it doesn’t get scrapped.

you called it 

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

wait, so does this mean we're not getting the American Standards?

Yup, knowing her, this was totally her softening the blow of that not coming

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

wait, so does this mean we're not getting the American Standards?

Maybe we'll get it after COCC? I feel like she needs to work on it more considering she hasn't mentioned it that much so maybe it needs some tweaking

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Yup, knowing her, this was totally her softening the blow of that not coming

but like...what was the point of announcing it to soften us when literally NO ONE would’ve been mad had she just said “sorry guys it’s coming out in march but you’ll ge the cover tracklist lead single and mv in 2 months see you then xx" ? i’m confusion like we all, well i did, knew that cover album wouldn’t come and she was just lying (cough cough cherry music video) so like...what was the whole point of this if she was announcing it in december either way :um3:

Just now, lanasbottom said:

but like...what was the point of announcing it to soften us when literally NO ONE would’ve been mad had she just said “sorry guys it’s coming out in march but you’ll ge the cover tracklist lead single and mv in 2 months see you then xx" ? i’m confusion like we all, well i did, knew that cover album wouldn’t come and she was just lying (cough cough cherry music video) so like...what was the whole point of this if she was announcing it in december either way :um3:

Exactly, but her mind evades any and all explanations at this point :deadbanana: if we do get the Standards album, i'll be shocked.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

She probably just found out and it was impulsive. Also, she probably didn't know when the title track/pre-order was coming at that point. Idk I never fully trusted it anyway because releasing an album on the side when the main album cycle already started seems odd.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I hurt my foot on a supermarket trolley but I think it's really shit if she doesn't say anything and doesn't release this for Christmas. I was expecting her to flake on it because it's less than two months for a whole album and I never thought she'd truly be capable, and it's not that I really care that much about it personally now that COCC is coming, but I know others were really looking forward to it.

Of course she doesn't give a fuck what some rando (me) on LanaBoreds thinks but I can't help but feel irritated. She still has like 48 hours 'til Christmas so you never know, but it's not looking good and if she doesn't drop it then imo she needs to at least explain why. It isn't good enough to just announce COCC for January 11.

:bye2:

Something like ""hey kids cocc isn't going to take as long as I thought so I've chosen to work on getting that to you sooner than expected rather than focusing on the covers album, which I will have for you at some point" would suffice.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I hurt my foot on a supermarket trolley but I think it's really shit if she doesn't say anything and doesn't release this for Christmas. I was expecting her to flake on it because it's less than two months for a whole album and I never thought she'd truly be capable, and it's not that I really care that much about it personally now that COCC is coming, but I know others were really looking forward to it.

Of course she doesn't give a fuck what some rando (me) on LanaBoreds thinks but I can't help but feel irritated. She still has like 48 hours 'til Christmas so you never know, but it's not looking good and if she doesn't drop it then imo she needs to at least explain why. It isn't good enough to just announce COCC for January 11.

It’d be the 2nd album this year which she’s just let the announced release date go by for without saying anything, that’s a shitty thing for any artist to do to their fans, especially on Christmas Day of all days :awkney: 

I personally don’t care that much bc idc about her covers but it’s crappy for the ppl who were hyped for it

as u said tho she’s still got 2 days let’s see if she surprises us

RVhKIwP.gif

6 minutes ago, May said:

It’d be the 2nd album this year which she’s just let the announced release date go by for without saying anything, that’s a shitty thing for any artist to do to their fans, especially on Christmas Day of all days :awkney: 

I personally don’t care that much bc idc about her covers but it’s crappy for the ppl who were hyped for it

as u said tho she’s still got 2 days let’s see if she surprises us

Dropping it ON Christmas Day would be quite crackheaded, so she might

If she comes through then I will withdraw my rant. If she doesn't come through, I'll post an even angrier Christmas one. :smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

20 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Something like ""hey kids cocc isn't going to take as long as I thought so I've chosen to work on getting that to you sooner than expected rather than focusing on the covers album, which I will have for you at some point" would suffice.

Even though shes never reliable, she sounded so serious when she announced this so I really thought this'd pull through :toofloppy: but now with COCC actually coming.. :dua:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺