Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think she did stay true to her word. One of the backing vocalists even posted a selfie in Conway Studios with a caption about how amazing it was working with Lana “over the week” after Summertime had already been released, so they definitely recorded this project.

Plus, Lana even said to Q Magazine regarding Pacific Blue that her and her musician friends “could probably do that album in a week” so I’m sure this covers record is done and will come this week!

One take queen is gonna strike again :fact:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

23 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think she did stay true to her word. One of the backing vocalists even posted a selfie in Conway Studios with a caption about how amazing it was working with Lana “over the week” after Summertime had already been released, so they definitely recorded this project.

Plus, Lana even said to Q Magazine regarding Pacific Blue that her and her musician friends “could probably do that album in a week” so I’m sure this covers record is done and will come this week!

Yeah and tbh, she didn't say an exact date, she only said "for Christmas" which could mean some time on Christmas week, Christmas' Eve, Christmas day or even a few days after Christmas.

If she doesn't say something by Christmas day, I'm waiting until the 28th-29th 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

30 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

yes! and after Summertime dropped, she posted a pic with the band and singers and wrote “Standards crew”

I definitely think something will happen!

"Don’t forget me"

50 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

She mentioned this like once when she was at a chili’s on election night pls she was on the spot and made some shit up to deflect 

It will be funny if it does exist tho

F3293-EEC-1761-44-C4-8-C0-F-6-D58-EC5441

Wq9zHLl.jpg

25 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Yeah and tbh, she didn't say an exact date, she only said "for Christmas" which could mean some time on Christmas week, Christmas' Eve, Christmas day or even a few days after Christmas.

If she doesn't say something by Christmas day, I'm waiting until the 28th-29th 

!!! i didn’t think she meant EXACTLY christmas day. as u said, if she does drop it will probs be around then

giphy-downsized.gif

if i wasn’t so fucked up, i think i’d fuck you all the time 

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:

She mentioned this like once when she was at a chili’s on election night pls she was on the spot and made some shit up to deflect 

It will be funny if it does exist tho

when does she ever mention anything right before it's released tho

i love you, but you don't understand me.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:20 PM, rightofjupiter said:

i really hope lana brings more of her sound/sonic world into the rest of the covers– summertime is such a traditional cover in that it doesn't really add anything new to the story of the song. i can appreciate lana staying true to the source material but i so much love the other woman and the good life and was hoping for more of that sound on this record. which i am choosing to believe will come out before the end of the year bc :smokes:

I feel the opposite way--I hope she continues in a classic vein in terms of the musicians, background vocals and instrumentations. 

I'm fairly certain she said "On Christmas Day." Since she's mentioned dropping records without any publicity or fanfare, I assume that will be the case here, though of course she's failed in her own predictions several times at least.  I'm hoping for it but not counting on it. 

Can someone explain to me (a non American) what tf an American standard or classic is with an example if possible??

When I think of an American classic, I think Sweet Home Alabama or Freebird. Basically, anything and everything by Lynyrd Skynryd, Neil Diamond, Neil Young, etc...

I can’t really envision Lana releasing an album with songs like that so could someone pls explain

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

9 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Can someone explain to me (a non American) what tf an American standard or classic is with an example if possible??

When I think of an American classic, I think Sweet Home Alabama or Freebird. Basically, anything and everything by Lynyrd Skynryd, Neil Diamond, Neil Young, etc...

I can’t really envision Lana releasing an album with songs like that so could someone pls explain

The great American songbook! Songs from the earlier part of the 20th century that are culturally significant and have stood the test of time! Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter are all examples of artists who wrote songs featured in the great American songbook. Both Summertime and You’ll Never Walk Alone fall into this category, though I don’t think that means either of them will be on the record. 

18 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

The Great American Songbook is the canon of significant early-20th-century American jazz standards and popular songs.

According to the Great American Songbook Foundation:

The “Great American Songbook” is the canon of the most important and influential American popular songs and jazz standards from the early 20th century that have stood the test of time in their life and legacy. Often referred to as "American Standards", the songs published during the Golden Age of this genre include those popular and enduring tunes from the 1920s to the 1950s that were created for Broadway theatre, musical theatre, and Hollywood musical film.[1]

@Elle maybe you can add this straight to the top post since this comes up like every week and no one knows how to use Google except me. :xcry: 

3lfQEhw.png

I can't remember if I already said this on here but I feel like Somewhere Over the Rainbow has a good chance of being on the album, if the album is still a thing. She loves Judy, has hinted at Wizard of Oz-ish themes and it's a really pretty song. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i would die if she covered “Puttin’ On The Ritz”. Does that count as a “classic”?

Spoiler

3d216097b74f1078857086ef4caebcf6.jpg

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹