Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I really really hope we actually get this album. The closer we get, the more I’m worried she’ll delay it. The only time I was ever genuinely upset about a delay was January 4th when she didn’t release Violet and only mentioned the delay that day. And the closer we get to xmas, the more I’m worried it’s gonna be a repeat of that and we won’t get the standards album and she won’t tell us til xmas day. In the back of my head, I have to tell myself it’s not coming to avoid disappointment if it really doesn’t.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

13 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I have no hope too. Why is she so messy now?

I still have hope for it, but this isn’t a now thing, sis was real messy with Tropico, was okay with UV and HM but LFL onwards has been bumpy 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Lustformoney said:

why do i have a feeling that the cover album isnt happening and she will just keep posting feet pics till september

NO, she has to pull through with the covers album! Otherwise she ruins christmas, and Lana simply cannot afford that. 

11 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

NO, she has to pull through with the covers album! Otherwise she ruins christmas, and Lana simply cannot afford that. 

Agree. It’d be real jacked up to delay the thing your releasing because of the delay of the other thing you were supposed to have released 4 months ago.

I have hope for March, though, regarding cocc. 

Since we know Lana will heavily feature the lovely background vocalists on this record, I hope the sonic landscape of the records sounds like this!

I can totally hear this sound in Summertime the Gershwin Version and Zach Dawes even posted a picture of a cello to his Instagram stories - he even played it in the live performance of LMLYLAW on Fallon. 

If there's any opportunity for Lana to delve more into that '50s/'60s doo-wop sound, it's definitely with this record! I love the downtempo version of this song compared to the album version (although I love that one too) and the slow & sultry moodiness of it all is just so Lana! 

i really hope lana brings more of her sound/sonic world into the rest of the covers– summertime is such a traditional cover in that it doesn't really add anything new to the story of the song. i can appreciate lana staying true to the source material but i so much love the other woman and the good life and was hoping for more of that sound on this record. which i am choosing to believe will come out before the end of the year bc :smokes:

aOaIzH2.gif

4 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Um is the Denny’s livestream the only mention of this album we’ve heard :eartha2:

no 

she posted ‘standards crew’ after the Summertime video came out an one of the producers posted a picture the other day hinting at it 

"Don’t forget me"