LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

Tbh if it's not going to be a new song then out of the two covers and LMLYLAW, I'd pick LMLYLAW. 

Hearing her sing it live might make the LMLYLAW haters reevaluate their terrible taste :smile3:

Pls she's more likely to be asked, or say something, about COCC cos it's a COCC song

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i'm trying to weigh up if this will be good in my head and honestly this is so 50/50 beyond just what song she's gonna sing.

• we have no idea if her performance is gonna be a new song or a cover
  • we have no idea how this is gonna be mixed (live lounge teas incoming)
  • we have no idea how she's gonna look because we've have no idea how she would dress for a TV performance in 2020
  • we have no idea if she's gonna deliver a good vocal performance
  • we have no idea how the public will react, but if the performance isn't good it would just be the absolute cherry on top of all the chaotic year lana stans have had

i have a feeling the performance will be underwhelming but passable. but something positive in my mind is the fact that she's actually doing this? like why is she doing this if she hates being recorded? she's not done a TV performance in years and we know she's literally asked festivals in the past not to televise her performances when they otherwise would have. i wonder why she specifically decided right now?

maybe its because she can't tour and she does actually want to perform for us, maybe its to promote one of the charity things she's been doing recently...who knows, but i hope she has a trick up her sleeve and that its gonna be something really fun.

also, its the first time we'll probably get to see her current full band on a small stage in a high quality recording! i'm kind of excited and i really hope ashley / alex do something fun! for some songs, they actually have some really cute performances - even if its just them lounging with magazines during MTWBT. or maybe they won't even be there and it'll be like her performance of summertime.

god know even knows, there are so many variables and we never know what to expect from lana,

7 minutes ago, electra said:

i'm trying to weigh up if this will be good in my head and honestly this is so 50/50 beyond just what song she's gonna sing.

• we have no idea if her performance is gonna be a new song or a cover
  • we have no idea how this is gonna be mixed (live lounge teas incoming)
  • we have no idea how she's gonna look because we've have no idea how she would dress for a TV performance in 2020
  • we have no idea if she's gonna deliver a good vocal performance
  • we have no idea how the public will react, but if the performance isn't good it would just be the absolute cherry on top of all the chaotic year lana stans have had

i have a feeling the performance will be underwhelming but passable. but something positive in my mind is the fact that she's actually doing this? like why is she doing this if she hates being recorded? she's not done a TV performance in years and we know she's literally asked festivals in the past not to televise her performances when they otherwise would have. i wonder why she specifically decided right now?

maybe its because she can't tour and she does actually want to perform for us, maybe its to promote one of the charity things she's been doing recently...who knows, but i hope she has a trick up her sleeve and that its gonna be something really fun.

also, its the first time we'll probably get to see her current full band on a small stage in a high quality recording! i'm kind of excited and i really hope ashley / alex do something fun! for some songs, they actually have some really cute performances - even if its just them lounging with magazines during MTWBT. or maybe they won't even be there and it'll be like her performance of summertime.

god know even knows, there are so many variables and we never know what to expect from lana,

If it's true that there won't be a live audience and that it's pre-recorded, then I think it's so she can ease back into TV performances without jumping in the deep end. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

If it's true that there won't be a live audience and that it's pre-recorded, then I think it's so she can ease back into TV performances without jumping in the deep end. 

is that not how they're doing it on fallon atm though? i'm pretty sure rina sawayama just did a performance and it was just a cut-away, but i'm not sure if that was pre-recorded or live.

I would hope that it is a Christmas classic that will showcase her voice. If she does something new and it's slow the non Lana audience will probably tune out. As much as I may tease her she is a pro and I'm sure it will be fine. Congratulations!

Omg I just found out about this and I'm so freaking excited!!! It's her first TV performance after 8 years, right?

This is crazy, I NEVER thought this would happen ever again.

GO LANA :twirls:

4 hours ago, spencertmartin said:

man imagine if she announces a release date for one of the albums

I think Jimmy Fallon announced Miley’s album release date, like “from her upcoming album released November 24th” so hopefully!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I really hope she performs Summertime or possibly another cover from the covers album. While I’d love to hear Let Me Love You Like a Woman live (it really does feel made to be performed live), it would just make everyone more impatient for Chemtrails. But knowing Lana, she’ll probably perform a new song off Chemtrails just because it’s one she’s really feeling at the moment, then never mention it again til Chemtrails is out. Hopefully though if it’s something she hasn’t released yet, it’s another cover, so everyone gets more hyped for the covers album since it’s coming first.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

59 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

Listen to yourself.. how she’ll look is your biggest worry when it’s the first time she’s performing on tv for over 8 years..

Because I know she’s a good performer and that she’s improved so much over the years + it’ll probably be a recorded performance with no audience in the studio, so she can’t and she won’t mess this up! 
It’s not that serious, gosh... but thank you for elevating this board with your deep thoughts, tho.

Lanarat.png