LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

I just don't really understand why would she decide to do a TV performance for the first time in 8 years just to sing a cover for a covers album she's kind of improvising due to the delay of COCC? Like... why would she promote a covers album but hasn't promoted any of her original songs in years and might not in the upcoming future?

Just a question (for the culture)

7 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

I just don't really understand why would she decide to do a TV performance for the first time in 8 years just to sing a cover for a covers album she's kind of improvising due to the delay of COCC? Like... why would she promote a covers album but hasn't promoted any of her original songs in years and might not in the upcoming future?

She’s just so random. :oprah3: but she’s free!

giphy.gif

When she starts singing TJF with wonderful vocals and after that she randomly starts singing UFB and gives Lanaboards a shoutout This Week In GIFs - Stereogum

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

12 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

It’s a good point. The only « logic » behind performing a cover would be because it’s the album closer to release. A song from Chemtrails is very unlikely in my mind (the GP would be confused as hell not to find the song on the cover album). Do we know how many songs she will perform (isn’t two the standard for musical guests?)? Maybe a hit from her previous records?

She seems so much more relaxed when performing covers... Maybe this is why she could do it?

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’d hate it to have it sung live but not released as a single before the album release. Cherry and Cinnamon Girl tea, no thanks. 

That’s why it’s coming out as a single this Friday, December 11th, the  date she announced in that Violet signing thing for Chemtrails 

0YnL0Kf.gif

If it's a song from COCC it could be Breaking Up Slowly since she performed it already live

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: