Elle

White Dress (Music Video) - OUT NOW

2 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

Help me, I'm confused.

In fact, the album as I anticipated, disappointed me quite enough because I was hoping for some dynamic songs to break this rather monotonous atmosphere. I'm not hanging on to anything, and White dress that was sold to us as her saddest song remains far from the emotion that she knew how to convey to us for me, I don't like her way of singing.

The video looks nice, but nothing happens. Chemtrails next door had a lot of dynamism in the scenes, White dress does not show much in the end even if the shots are beautiful and stick with the song., Lana is still pretty but remains really classic.

I feel like the era is officially over :(

it gets pleasanter after a few listens but it's not an instant love for me either. None of the songs are like :hdu: for me

Hopefully a new inspiring producer comes in the picture for the next album and gets her creative juices flowing :)

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

4 minutes ago, NamiraWilhelm said:

ça devient plus agréable après quelques écoutes mais ce n'est pas non plus un amour instantané pour moi. Aucune des chansons ne : hdu: me ressemble 

J'espère qu'une nouvelle productrice inspirante viendra sur la photo pour le prochain album et fera couler sa créativité :)

It's an album that is difficult to access when you know the girl's background.

I'll try to listen to it again tonight with a more relaxed vibe in my bed, hope I like it :(

In any case I hope that she will fire this Jack for her next album and will reconnect with Rick N., Emile H, Dan H. and Dan A all these beautiful people who know what she is worth. This girl needs heavy tortured instrumentals to bring out her voice.

1 hour ago, Rico25 said:

I would have liked the video A LOT more if they made it obvious the body double was like a young Lana instead of trying to make us believe it's actually her, so the blond hair is a good idea 

Oops, I definitely assumed the body double is supposed to be a young Lana :creep: Because otherwise imo it was too obvious that it's not her??

2 minutes ago, Venice said:

Oops, I definitely assumed the body double is supposed to be a young Lana :creep: Because otherwise imo it was too obvious that it's not her??

But I mean they should have shown her face and made it explicit in that case, and tried to give her a Lizzy-esque face with make up and wig I don't know

6 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

But I mean they should have shown her face and made it explicit in that case, and tried to give her a Lizzy-esque face with make up and wig I don't know

Yeah I also wish they made it more clear if it was supposed to be about her past/reminiscing/being 19. And I wish there was more of a story rather than just skating too! It could have been a lot more grand overall. Like I love it, but it doesn't necessarily excite me or leave a big impression :tsk:

1 hour ago, Venice said:

Yeah I also wish they made it more clear if it was supposed to be about her past/reminiscing/being 19. And I wish there was more of a story rather than just skating too! It could have been a lot more grand overall. Like I love it, but it doesn't necessarily excite me or leave a big impression :tsk:

well I'm glad you like it

I might too, eventually lol, she has other videos I wasn't a big fan of at first like HBTB and now it's one of my favs

Damn did this make anyone else cry a little? This video elevated an already outstanding song and album opener. The skating was also really beautiful. :wowcry:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Yeaaah the song is beautiful but the video doesn't do it for me. Beautiful colors and setting and I loved the idea of Lana skating. Then it looks obvious that it's a stunt double (fair enough, but I want more Lanz, is all). I miss the days when you knew that a LDR music video would be a visual experience. And I'm not gonna lie: Chemtrails was a great return to form. But anyway, this doesn't take away anything from the gorgeous song. I just don't think I'll watch its music video very often...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

18 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Damn did this make anyone else cry a little? This video elevated an already outstanding song and album opener. The skating was also really beautiful. :wowcry:

damn I really wish I felt the same way lol

13 minutes ago, BlueJeans said:

Yeaaah the song is beautiful but the video doesn't do it for me. Beautiful colors and setting and I loved the idea of Lana skating. Then it looks obvious that it's a stunt double (fair enough, but I want more Lanz, is all). I miss the days when you knew that a LDR music video would be a visual experience. And I'm not gonna lie: Chemtrails was a great return to form. But anyway, this doesn't take away anything from the gorgeous song. I just don't think I'll watch its music video very often...

yeh the video is meh. It will get like 3 million views. Gone are the days of BTD and UV videography. But it dont matter cuz the song is GOLD.

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Yeah it's pretty awful. I agree it might be the worst of her entire catalogue. The only part I like is the modeling skating beautifully in the highway. but oh well, I didn't expect much.

no let me love you was way worse. Shot in her car and edited on imovie in an hour

2 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

damn I really wish I felt the same way lol

Maybe because I was thinking of Lizzy Grant the entire video. I'm also a sucker for skating/figure skating moves so that was a bonus.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

3 hours ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

It's an album that is difficult to access when you know the girl's background.

I'll try to listen to it again tonight with a more relaxed vibe in my bed, hope I like it :(

In any case I hope that she will fire this Jack for her next album and will reconnect with Rick N., Emile H, Dan H. and Dan A all these beautiful people who know what she is worth. This girl needs heavy tortured instrumentals to bring out her voice.

Please no more Reverb Rick.

It's cute. I was meh about it before, but I actually think the body double + her being in the cast kind of helped. Lana somberly skating through the peep hole trying to do the moves she could do when she was 19 was really sweet.

Also, the twirl moment in the bridge/buildup was great, I teared up a little (mostly because of the song, but yeah) That moment would've been good to be like a lizzy-lana back and forth though, but who knows what their original plan was before she broke her elbow.