Elle

White Dress (Music Video) - OUT NOW

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm not a hater of chuck at all, I agree lana should stop working with her all the damn time but for this specific video I think chuck as a director could've captured something more beautiful and meaningful than this rando director for the video

Period :gurl:

The beauty of the shots of Lana roller skating down that road make it great to me. It’s so feminine and aesthetically perfect in a way we didn’t have during NFR era.   I don’t care about the rest I don’t even care how eye roll the girls in masks were

The music video is cute. I just loved watching that girl skate on the road. Paired with the music, her moves were entrancing and dreamy

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

45 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

That was her worst video

it's not even the worst video from this album cycle... let alone her worst video. did i watch a different version of it on YouTube or is there a reason people don't like it ?

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

it's not even the worst video from this album cycle... let alone her worst video. did i watch a different version of it on YouTube or is there a reason people don't like it ?

I just really dislike the overuse of the body double ...

I know she broke her arms but they should have changed the concept idk

maybe with the use of close up shots representing "current Lana" reminiscing her waitdress days whilst looking at the young girls in the video... or they could have included archive footage of waitress in rollerskate or IDK

Them focusing on a body double for most of the video is just really annoying to me

I don’t hate the scene of the girls in masks. The obvious connection I see to Lana is that this is kind of Lana’s way of apologizing or making amends for the mesh mask. 

But I also think it’s deeper than that. At the beginning of the video, I assumed that this video is set around 2007 and the girl is playing Lana when she was young, but then we see the waitresses in the mask and you realize that the video is set in the covid era, and that gives it an anachronistic twist. It makes me think, these girls are not playing a young Lana, but rather Lana is seeing these girls and it reminds her of herself when she was that age.

Also, the song is about how she was happier when she had nothing, just waitressing to survive. I think the mask imagery fits into that nicely, like these are front line workers who are risking their health to make some cash, but they are doing it with grace and joy. In the middle of a brutal world ravaged by pandemic, there is this little pocket of beauty and the girls are the God of that small world.

I know the broken arm was just a coincidence, but I also think that imagery fits in thematically with the video. We have the beauty and serenity of the roller blade dance, and then we have the image of the cast implying she fell and hurt herself. It’s like the most beautiful things in life are worth suffering for, you can’t have the beauty without the pain. Or like how the passion and recklessness of youth can turn into scarred and jaded adulthood, but it’s still beautiful while it lasts.

face masks in the WD video is so gross, that shit will age badly, like why nobody wants to be reminded of a damn pandemic 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

face masks in the WD video is so gross, that shit will age badly, like why nobody wants to be reminded of a damn pandemic 

people would criticize her if they didn't use them on that video either ways :flop:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

True tbh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Loreen said:

people would criticize her if they didn't use them on that video either ways :flop:

those people are dumb, besides they weren't used in chemtrails video it just annoys me when artists use them like it's a trend or sumn :pls:

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

those people are dumb, besides they weren't used in chemtrails video it just annoys me when artists use them like it's a trend or sumn :pls:

they're definitely not being used as a trend. they were using masks so that no one on the set got covid lol.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lbr kids in 20 years will romanticize the fuck out of pandemic aesthetic 

kySyfQZ.jpg

1 minute ago, fucksforever said:

they're definitely not being used as a trend. they were using masks so that no one on the set got covid lol.

fair enough but there are ways around it, like i said before she didn't use them in the Chemtrails video (except for when she's alone in the car for some reason) i just don't like seeing them in music videos it's a little tacky imo