Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone know from where she got that intro (the first 4-5 seconds) in the Paradise (2011) unreleased song?

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

On 1/31/2024 at 11:34 AM, Elle said:

Yep! Here’s a picture I took of her arm when I gave her the charm bracelet I made in September and you can see the Chateau Marmont tat -

IMG-8168

You can also see them both faintly in this shot from the SKIMS shoot -

IMG-6237

@Elle did you give her the VB bracelet too or did she already have

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

@Elle did you give her the VB bracelet too or did she already have

My friend Sabrina made & gave her that one! We both had made bracelets to give to her at the show the next day, but we carried them around with us the day before just in case.. and thank god we did! Xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

What are ACTUAL BTD outtakes? Some ppl claim that certain songs are BTD outtakes when they're actually not and it confuses me :wtf3:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

2 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

What are ACTUAL BTD outtakes? Some ppl claim that certain songs are BTD outtakes when they're actually not and it confuses me :wtf3:

not clear topic but my thoughts on the topic

Spoiler

we dont know which version of put the radio on was going to appear on it, we have only one confirmed early tracklist that contained outtakes and this is how it looked like

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born to Die

4. Put the Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off to the Races

10. This Is What Makes Us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill (Emile Haynie Version)

and well we have yet another confirmation that Queen of Disaster was going to open BTD at one point, but we dont know that tracklist iteration, that makes 3 safe options for outtakes (and also, the leaked version of queen of disaster is final and the same one that were supposed for that unknown iteration (all we know is that queen of disaster was the track 1, and born to die was the track 2), at least final version from chris braide)
a reach would be to assume Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be the Boss were also reworked because she performed them later on in 2011, and she expressed her desire to release kinda outta luck alongside diet mountain dew, but her label didnt let her (alhough reworked version of diet mountain dew later appeared on official tracklist)

the other 4 tracks tagged as b-sides - on our way, velvet crowbar, marilyn monroe and tv in black & white can be considered outtakes for this album, BUT im mostly sure they were tagged so because maybe she was wanted emile haynie to rework them, because the 5th track, that contained the same tag was summertime sadness demo, that was later reworked and released officially (minding that the track was initially going to be a deluxe track), but in the end she never reworked them (at least for what we know as for now), so they cant be really considered outtakes for the album we've got, but if you count them (that will not be a mistake), we have these tracks

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White

then, we have those 3 tracks, serial killer, us against the world and paradise performed live, i want to say she really liked us against the world due to it being downloaded at some time alongside other songs like carmen diet mountain dew off to the races etc, and plus she mentioned it in 2017, but i dont think it was ever in consideration for a rework for any project atfter 2010, and out of the three, i would consider serila killer to be included on btd too, i feel it had always belonged to this album and the sound that emile haynie did for it

the thing about the first album (that will later become btd) is that it had entirely different sound until she didnt meet emile haynie in march 2011, and she herself once said, this album has always been more of a mixtape type thing, and songs were being tied purely based on vibe and themes, its like most of her 2010 stuff had that gansgter wildwestern thing to it, songs like velvet crowbar, kinda outta luck, you can be the boss, driving in cars with boys, live or die, she's not me, off to the races OG  version, hey lolita hey, i want it all and similar, they could easily be tied within one project, and i think this was the sound she stuck around for up until she didnt meet emile haynie, and after that, i think she finally found the vision for BTD and reworked the album with him (tho in one interview from recent times she mentioned she didnt really want him to be a main producer afaik?) and from that point it had that classic sound to it, but what was befor that, was, maybe, approximately, the same pool of songs (national anthem, off to the races, diet mountain dew and the rest), but tied with another theme and sound, and dulled with more outtakes (we know there are many working titles of this album (G.B.A, The Best of Lana Del Rey, The Revenge of Lana Del Rey, The World is Ours, Do U Luv Me Yet?), and i believe one of them is definitely from these pre-emile haynie times), and we as well have the imagination of how this album looked like, because we have this sampler that was sent to the guardian, and i think these songs were in consideration for a pre-emile haynie iteraion of an album, this is the sampler from may 2011

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker; Demo 1)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie; Demo 2)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe; Demo 1)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide; Demo)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus; 2011 Version)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe; Demo 1)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly; Demo 3)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker; Demo)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

it contains already some demo recordings from emile haynie, but despite done by him, the sound different from the final album, and all the other songs that were sent, are still demo recordings from 2009-2010 times, that had that gangster sound (but paris and oooh baby has always been too random for this sampler for me😭), u can see it has songs that were later reworked by emile, but some werent, that makes it clear that this album was always about vibes mainly, but outtakes from sampler cant be considered as outtakes for btd final because it was still being differnet project in sound, but u can count them too as potential tracks that were going to be reworked by emile, since some of them survived all these constant changes in 2010

and i believe the born to die as we know it now started appearing in summer-early fall 2011, after her sessions with rick and after radio happened (because she recorded it tight after video games started playing on the radio), where she had a clear vision of sound and concept, she started combining songs this way, but even then, the most interesting thing is that hundred dollar bill stayed on the album as long as december 2011, so we almost got the song, so basically who knows how exactly the timeline of becoming born to die as we know it now was going, it even doesnt need a special kind of a discussion of its timeline, basically all we need are drafts for this album to see what vision she had for the album at what time, but if you would want to narrow it down to one particular number, my list for what i call a strong btd outtake without timeline, just songs that were in consideration for any of its draft at any point, would be:

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White
10. Serial Killer
11. Paradise
12. Us Against the World

13. Live or Die
14. Paris
15. Are You ready?
16. Last Girl on Earth
17. Hollywood's Dead
18. American Dream (Damn You)
19. What's a Girl to Do
20. Because of You
21. French Restaurant

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

not clear topic but my thoughts on the topic

Hide contents

we dont know which version of put the radio on was going to appear on it, we have only one confirmed early tracklist that contained outtakes and this is how it looked like

1. Video Games

2. Blue Jeans

3. Born to Die

4. Put the Radio On

5. Million Dollar Man

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Carmen

9. Off to the Races

10. This Is What Makes Us Girls

11. Lolita

12. National Anthem

Deluxe Version

13. Without You

14. Dark Paradise

15. Hundred Dollar Bill (Emile Haynie Version)

and well we have yet another confirmation that Queen of Disaster was going to open BTD at one point, but we dont know that tracklist iteration, that makes 3 safe options for outtakes (and also, the leaked version of queen of disaster is final and the same one that were supposed for that unknown iteration (all we know is that queen of disaster was the track 1, and born to die was the track 2), at least final version from chris braide)
a reach would be to assume Kinda Outta Luck and You Can Be the Boss were also reworked because she performed them later on in 2011, and she expressed her desire to release kinda outta luck alongside diet mountain dew, but her label didnt let her (alhough reworked version of diet mountain dew later appeared on official tracklist)

the other 4 tracks tagged as b-sides - on our way, velvet crowbar, marilyn monroe and tv in black & white can be considered outtakes for this album, BUT im mostly sure they were tagged so because maybe she was wanted emile haynie to rework them, because the 5th track, that contained the same tag was summertime sadness demo, that was later reworked and released officially (minding that the track was initially going to be a deluxe track), but in the end she never reworked them (at least for what we know as for now), so they cant be really considered outtakes for the album we've got, but if you count them (that will not be a mistake), we have these tracks

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White

then, we have those 3 tracks, serial killer, us against the world and paradise performed live, i want to say she really liked us against the world due to it being downloaded at some time alongside other songs like carmen diet mountain dew off to the races etc, and plus she mentioned it in 2017, but i dont think it was ever in consideration for a rework for any project atfter 2010, and out of the three, i would consider serila killer to be included on btd too, i feel it had always belonged to this album and the sound that emile haynie did for it

the thing about the first album (that will later become btd) is that it had entirely different sound until she didnt meet emile haynie in march 2011, and she herself once said, this album has always been more of a mixtape type thing, and songs were being tied purely based on vibe and themes, its like most of her 2010 stuff had that gansgter wildwestern thing to it, songs like velvet crowbar, kinda outta luck, you can be the boss, driving in cars with boys, live or die, she's not me, off to the races OG  version, hey lolita hey, i want it all and similar, they could easily be tied within one project, and i think this was the sound she stuck around for up until she didnt meet emile haynie, and after that, i think she finally found the vision for BTD and reworked the album with him (tho in one interview from recent times she mentioned she didnt really want him to be a main producer afaik?) and from that point it had that classic sound to it, but what was befor that, was, maybe, approximately, the same pool of songs (national anthem, off to the races, diet mountain dew and the rest), but tied with another theme and sound, and dulled with more outtakes (we know there are many working titles of this album (G.B.A, The Best of Lana Del Rey, The Revenge of Lana Del Rey, The World is Ours, Do U Luv Me Yet?), and i believe one of them is definitely from these pre-emile haynie times), and we as well have the imagination of how this album looked like, because we have this sampler that was sent to the guardian, and i think these songs were in consideration for a pre-emile haynie iteraion of an album, this is the sampler from may 2011

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker; Demo 1)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie; Demo 2)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe; Demo 1)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide; Demo)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus; 2011 Version)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe; Demo 1)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly; Demo 3)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker; Demo)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie; Unknown Version, supposedly Unmastered Version)

it contains already some demo recordings from emile haynie, but despite done by him, the sound different from the final album, and all the other songs that were sent, are still demo recordings from 2009-2010 times, that had that gangster sound (but paris and oooh baby has always been too random for this sampler for me😭), u can see it has songs that were later reworked by emile, but some werent, that makes it clear that this album was always about vibes mainly, but outtakes from sampler cant be considered as outtakes for btd final because it was still being differnet project in sound, but u can count them too as potential tracks that were going to be reworked by emile, since some of them survived all these constant changes in 2010

and i believe the born to die as we know it now started appearing in summer-early fall 2011, after her sessions with rick and after radio happened (because she recorded it tight after video games started playing on the radio), where she had a clear vision of sound and concept, she started combining songs this way, but even then, the most interesting thing is that hundred dollar bill stayed on the album as long as december 2011, so we almost got the song, so basically who knows how exactly the timeline of becoming born to die as we know it now was going, it even doesnt need a special kind of a discussion of its timeline, basically all we need are drafts for this album to see what vision she had for the album at what time, but if you would want to narrow it down to one particular number, my list for what i call a strong btd outtake without timeline, just songs that were in consideration for any of its draft at any point, would be:

1. Hundred Dollar Bill
2. Put the Radio On
3. Queen of Disaster
4. Kinda Outta Luck
5. You Can Be the Boss
6. Velvet Crowbar
7. Marilyn Monroe
8. On Our Way
9. TV in Black & White
10. Serial Killer
11. Paradise
12. Us Against the World

13. Live or Die
14. Paris
15. Are You ready?
16. Last Girl on Earth
17. Hollywood's Dead
18. American Dream (Damn You)
19. What's a Girl to Do
20. Because of You
21. French Restaurant

Ty :kiss2:

What video editing program did Lana use to make her 2007-2012

homemade MVs?

52 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

What video editing program did Lana use to make her 2007-2012

homemade MVs?

imovie :dmd: pretty sure she had a macbook so that was the basic video program, and im remembering the emile haynie interview where he said lana would play Video Games on imovie for people while she was editing it 

-------------

ImlUAIK.png

On 2/10/2024 at 12:18 AM, Raise Me Up said:

Did Velvet Crowbar and Tired Of Singing The Blues was recorded in same session ??

i don't think so since velvet crowbar was produced by Justin Parker, while The Flight produced tired of singing the blues

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Anyone ever came across this? Is that a preorder? Cannot find anything on discogs. 

Screenshot-20240217-221008.jpg

https://colourvinylrecords.com/products/lana-del-rey-exclusive-colour-vinyl-paradise-on-turqoise-vinyl?_pos=6&_sid=31ea0b991&_ss=r&variant=47824712335696

Update: nevermind, found it as "blue" vinyl on discogs, it's not official 

It was expensive watch it