Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, seventies platinum said:

uh? I would say psychedelic (influence, not that the song IS psychedelic)

It’s definitely got psychedelic influences but I hear some of that classic ‘60s country twang in her vocal delivery. That song reminds me of Johnny Cash a little bit. 

I believe when they say it’s coming this month. She said soon in her Instagram video, she’s shooting a video for the title track

she could literally drop this at any second 

hi I’m officially on Team Delulu

Lana, please for the love of god, just give us the date. 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

we need a sultry, melodic, trippy banger with a campy southern twang like mermaid motel. 

I was just going to say this! Mermaid Motel is an absolute classic and I would love an updated version of that sound!

I think country doesn't necessarily mean twang and minimal instrumentation, I think she meant thematically, a la TJF. I can even hear that same country sort of influence in MAC, HTD, and The Greatest. Country is about story telling.

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

people here country and think CMAs hillbilly country radio music type songs and like...why would lana ever make music like that lol

theres actually a lot of good folk/alt-country music out there that she has come pretty close to sound wise recently 

lmao exactly 

aka lizzy grant has so much country influence she can make it work

i love you, but you don't understand me.