Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

"choosing this misleading clip out of the entire livestream isn't going to get you more livestreams"

she hates us confirmed

I forgot about that... well it's over.

6 minutes ago, new gods said:

remembering weyes blood has the final line on cocc :oprah2:

The way I COMPLETELY understand why people hate this, but Weyes has such a stunningly gorgeous voice, so I'm at peace. Plus since it's a cover it's not like she's encroaching on Lana's written work. To those of you who plan on having Dance Till We Die end your album-i get, and I see you- but I'm so hyped for For Free. (I've never heard the original, just the video of Lana and the gals performing it so that's all I have to go on)

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think dance till we die is gonna suck, we all know reviewers/critics (whats the diff) have no taste, they praised norman and trashed UV

Consequence of Sound - UV 100 - NFR! 91

Entertaniment Weekly - UV 100 - NFR! 75

Sputnik Music - UV 86 - NFR! 68

Spin - UV 80 - NFR! 80

NOW Magazine - UV 80 - NFR! 100

All Music - UV 80 - NFR! 90

Pop Matters - UV 80 - NFR! 90

DIY - UV 80 - NFR! 90

The Guardian - UV 80 - NFR! 60

Los Angeles Time - UV 75 - NFR! 80

Pitchfork - UV 71 - NFR! 94

No Ripcord - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Rolling Stone - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Music OMH - UV 70 - NFR! 90

And the list goes on...

Critics who "trashed" (they didn't) UV and praised NFR! are Mojo (UV 60 - NFR! 100), NME (UV 60 - NFR! 100), The Independent (UV 60 - NFR! 80), The Observer (UV 60 - NFR! 80), Chicago Tribute (UV 50 - NFR! 70), A.V. Club (UV 45 - NFR! 75)... and then there are critics who trashed Ultraviolence and didn't even bother to review later albums, including Norman. The Telegraph gave both album a 60.

So y'all better get your facts right and stop with this "critics all agreed to praise NFR!" conspiracy. Those who've always liked her kept on liking her and loving and understanding her music more with each release... then you obviously have critics who didn't like her past work and now praise her, but simply because they didn't think her past music was good, which is okay... and then you have critics who always trashed her and still trash her to death, not even bothering to understand the music.

NFR! was praised because it's, as LDR said, so good there's nothing not to like about it. She just gets  better and better (in the studio at least). Critics were shook. The GP was shook. There isn't anything sketchy behind its praise.

So Chemtrails will receive great reviews from supporting critics and hopefully it's good enough to convince those who still doubt her. I'm expecting something between 80 and 90 tbh. :kiss3:

yeah i really really hate the fact that they get the last line, im probably not going to like the song anyway so ill delete it from my library, and scratch the grooves out on my vinyl so it cant play properly :sass:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

18 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

It's understandable why she's not doing promo this era but I hope she does something for the fans. Even if it's a scheduled IG live like she did for the LFL era.

Tbh I feel like she’s scared

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

27 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think dance till we die is gonna suck, we all know reviewers/critics (whats the diff) have no taste, they praised norman and trashed UV

NFR >>>>> UV

there I said it. :twirls:

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

NFR >>>>> UV

West Coast better than that whole album I’m crine

anyways let me stay on topic! Wild At Heart is coming 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

NFR >>>>> UV

let’s stop comparing two albums in the chemtrails thread after we just got the thread shut down yesterday for going so off topic

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

NFR >>>>> UV

NFR is easier to listen to everyday. Love Uv, but it’s a mood honestly, from cover to cover. 
I’m really curious to see if NFR will flow well into Chemtrails...  and where I’ll rank it in her albums. 

Oh Yes, the people who went to college and studied music who today write for Pitchfork, The Guardian, so on and so forth, have absolutly no taste. And you, with active profiles on lanaboards, do understand music in its whole to defy the dumb critics! Got it!

7 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

NFR >>>>> UV

weird flex but ok :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m really curious to see if NFR will flow well into Chemtrails...  and where I’ll rank it in her albums. 

Well, Norman closes with the most intimate and acoustic song, so I think it'll flow beautifully into Chemtrails.

Personally I think it'll be in my top 3. Probably NFR!, then Chemtrails, then Honeymoon. 

Anyway stay on topic y'all!

1 minute ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh Yes, the people who went to college and studied music who today write for Pitchfork, The Guardian, so on and so forth, have absolutly no taste. And you, with active profiles on lanaboards, do understand music in its whole to defy the dumb critics! Got it!

we're the ones who actually listen to lana's music and understand it, so what's your point? :oprah3:

WGe8ynS.gif