Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

manifesting they accidentally pressed dealer onto the vinyl instead of yosemite 

mbK53xg.gif

the way this is an actual possibility.. MANIFEST

tenor.gif?itemid=20515381

23 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

I don't want to go off-topic by quoting this but... I do agree NFR! is less controversial than other stuff from her, but it indeed was a statement; the state of the world filled with narcissism in the eyes of a recovering-from-trauma superstar-turned-common California chick, plus the serendipitous global shutdown chaos premonition. There's a reason it was proclaimed as the album of the end of the world. :sorry:

It seems like Chemtrails will follow the narrative in the sense that it'll be "post-apocalyptic". Revisiting her childhood, adolescence, when she truly felt free... thoughts of her parents, her siblings... her escaping a life of both luxury and darkness... back to pure organic, almost-acoustic instrumentation. Like Alexandra Drewchin once said, acoustic guitar, piano, flutes, strings and drums will be the ultimate post-apocalyptic instruments. There's nothing more futuristic than a song with those instruments; once the world is over, there'll be no electricity for computers, MIDIs, etc. Humanity will begin the cycle again. :gclap: 

You already went off topic by bringing the "UV vs. NFR" debate in the COCC thread, don't stop on my account. ?

I honestly have no idea what COCC will be about, to me 'LMLYLAW' sounded similar to lyrics on 'NFR!' imho, but the title track was definitely a bit more interesting and unique. With that in mind, I kinda feel like 'LMLYAW' was kind of the bridge between the two albums? I thought we'd hear more so called chaotic/dark lyrics on the album after the chaotic events of last year, but I don't feel like she is going to touch on that. Hmm, let's wait and see on the 19th before making any foregone conclusions. :scoff:

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i'll be manifesting that they accidentally pressed dealer on the end of the tracklist because yosemite is going to be iconic and a career highlight and we should not dismiss that 

mbK53xg.gif

when they accidentally pressed Dealer rather than For Free on the vinyls...
46d8782038f91b25176443270546d46b.gif

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

there's an Yahoo interview?

in a new excerpt published by 'Yahoo', Lana Del Rey says that she recorded the interview inside her car, outside the home of her current boyfriend Clayton Johnson's parents, in a cold of minus 30 degrees because she doesn't like that how people hear her talk

2 minutes ago, katebusho said:

rough translation from google translate:

In a new excerpt released by 'Yahoo', Lana Del Rey says that she recorded the interview inside her car, outside the home of her current boyfriend Clayton Johnson's parents, in a cold of the negative 30 degrees because she "doesn't like that people listen to her talk "

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, CinnamonGirl said:

i almost don’t want her to tour for a little while maybe a festival tour like UV/HM when she can but i’m sick of the same set list and similar stage design 

If I see those freaking swings again :biblio:

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

manifesting they accidentally pressed dealer onto the vinyl instead of yosemite 

mbK53xg.gif

fuck at this point i’ll take it :sass:manifestation for dealer to be on the vinyl instead of yosemite begins in 10 minutes girls :hottie:

3 minutes ago, katebusho said:

in a new excerpt published by 'Yahoo', Lana Del Rey says that she recorded the interview inside her car, outside the home of her current boyfriend Clayton Johnson's parents, in a cold of minus 30 degrees because she doesn't like that how people hear her talk

I believe they’re just reiterating what she briefly mentioned in the MOJO magazine interview?

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

nothing about the upcoming album or music in general, just about clay's family farm

Are we surprised? :pft:

maybe this is a reach but... imagine dark but just a game referencing her lizzy days as well :oopna: 

”go through the dark to get through the dark” .. “you have to take me out of this dark trailer park life now”

referencing that both pre-fame and post-fame have their dark sides, she said the moral of the song is don’t meet your idols so maybe she’s reflecting on being young when she was craving the spotlight and being famous and now that she got a taste of it she realizes how terrifying and twisted people in hollywood can be  

i love you, but you don't understand me.

6 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

In a new excerpt released by 'Yahoo', Lana Del Rey says that she recorded the interview inside her car, outside the home of her current boyfriend Clayton Johnson's parents, in a cold of the negative 30 degrees because she "doesn't like that people listen to her talk "

She said this at the beginning of the Mojo article--just read it in print a few days ago! :) So not new info from Yahoo I don't think