Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

WHERE IS ITTTT

Mod note: User was warned and put on mod queue for asking where to find leaked material.

Edited by Clampigirl
Don't ask where to find leaked material and don't ask for links.

yeah.jpg

Spoiler

i definitely think that this will be the album that finally kills off those hanging around from the BTD/LFL type songs though

norman clearly was tough on that demographic, but its obvious that she is venturing more and more into folksy, singer-songwriter style songs as she gets older and i think that each album will just continually build off of this 

Just now, Marius said:
  Hide contents

yes!! A really positive thing about this album is that it sounds so MATURE. Like it was made for older people to listen to. 

Spoiler

Exactly... Lana is at her peak regarding maturity and genuinity on her sound. The album is just exquisite.

2 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:
  Hide contents

It was so trippy hearing TJF in HQ without the smoke detector beep and the cat meows :ma:

Spoiler

The way I still hear cat meows throughout the whole song :defeated::thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

My ranking on the first listen:

Spoiler
  1. White Dress
  2. Dance Till We Die
  3. Dark But Just A Game
  4. Yosemite
  5. Wild At Heart
  6. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  7. For Free
  8. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  9. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  10. BUS
  11. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

I am kind of surprised by this.....

Spoiler

i've seen a lot of people say that melodies sound familiar to past songs... does the album still retain a sonic identity of its own despite some familiarities?

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Spoiler

Can I just say I'm so glad I listened to it today - really changed my mind about the album, plus I had a wonderful little listening experience. 8 out of 11 songs - absolutely stunning

Just now, ArtDecoDelRey said:
  Hide contents

i've seen a lot of people say that melodies sound familiar to past songs... does the album still retain a sonic identity of its own despite some familiarities?

Spoiler

Yeah, some of the melodic similarities are interesting but they don't take anything away from COCC in terms of it having its own identity/character

Spoiler

So in the end it is not the first Lana's album without explicit lyrics (Dark but just a game saved it :party:)

1 minute ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

yes. the only song its clear in is wild at heart, and even then people are overreacting. it just has that same string/guitar swell that a lot of songs on norman had (HTD, MAC, Love Song, HIAB)

2 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I've only heard a similarity between Wild At Heart and How To Disappear (the instrumental breakdown part). But overall, these songs are very beautiful, very different from Norman

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Spoiler

Is anyone getting CRAZY Lizzy vibes from Not All Who Wander are Lost? It’s like a Yayo/pawn shop blues melody and vocal style

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Just now, Chemtrailslana said:

Everyone go on albumoftheyear.org and rate the album bc it only has a 73 user rating so far

and here if you have an account! if you dont, dont bother making one cause your score is unweighted until you are a member for a few months https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lana-del-rey/chemtrails-over-the-country-club/