Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Can I just say that I'm really happy she didn't keep up with the random capitalization of the song titles.ย 

ย 

Spoiler

Very triggering to my OCD.ย :flop:

ย 

okay so like once it drops lana can announce the next album.ย 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

If I'm honest I don't know how I feel about that album. It's very folk-y and cohesive, but it's also a bit ... beige. Everyone said that about NFR but I feel like it ACTUALLY fits CoCC. All the songs are so breezy and although there are some pretty interesting or weird moments like TJFs autotune or WDs vocals, the whole thing stays pretty distanced and neutral.

I really like WAH, it has a lot of wonderful vocals and it kind of manages to both be a classic Lana track and somehow ... countryesque. Yosemite has some sort of Mazzy Star appea, which I really like.

LMLYLAW actually has a lot more energy within the context of the album and the title track ended up being one of the big standouts.

Not sure whether I like DBJAG or not. The production is a bit like something Lorde could do.

NAHWAL, DTWD, BUS and FF are all a bit .... hm. Boring. Maybe the'll grow on me, maybe not.

Having listened to it, I feel like ALL of Neils photos (the horsepic, the HMV pic, the piano shoot) would have fit the albums vibe much better than that Iphone pic.

Generally I feel like it's a nice album, but defenitly no highlight of her career. A very mood-dependant album, a little sister to NFR, but not something that will stick out of her discography in the future

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This album will age BEAUTIFULLY and I'm looking forward to remembering every single lyric and sound

Reminds me of a grown 2014 unreleased Lana style I'm living for it

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Spoiler

Also, I love how the production and mixingย aren'tย garbage this time around. But all that being said I hope the Jack Antonoff arc in her career is over.ย :hoe:

ย 

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

iโ€™ll be able to listen to the album within the hour and iโ€™m so antsy :defeated:ย time is going by so slow... :defeated:

You're going to LOVE White Dress, Not All Who Wander and Yosemite. Get readyย 

:bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย