Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, deadlyynightshade said:

I keep telling myself to resist the temptation help it isn't going well :icant: Am I going to resist till the 19th??

Me too... only heard WD 3 times and am fighting the urge for more. WHAT DO WE DO

2 minutes ago, normanrockweII said:

for those who heard the album: what grade do you think pitchfork will give?

hmm

Spoiler

i can see this either getting insane hype like norman for being more adventerous when she could have played it safe and just made norman 2.0 or i can see it getting a more mixed reception like LFL. i see it getting like a 7.4-8.1

Spoiler

It's not very mainstream or critic-friendly IN MY OPINION I think it'll get like 6/10 tbh

If they keep up with their newly found love for Lana

Spoiler

I think it's going to be at least an 8.5

Spoiler

Tulsa Jesus Freak deserved to be title track, she earned it. COTCC and LMLYLAW were perfect single choices. They both have sound aspects of the whole album without giving it away 

"Don’t forget me"

Please someone help me find it!! Even a hint. I am desperate. 

this is NOT me asking for a link.

Mod note: User has been warned and put on mod queue for asking where to find leaked material.

Edited by Clampigirl
Don't ask where to find leaked material and don't ask for links.

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:
  Hide contents

the vaping in white dress really gets me DAFPLDKGOjn but it sounds kinda fucking good :gurl: the little crackle... snap crackle pop DATMIMBC DIOIWON!!

bestie i thought u were waiting till the release day :dua:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Just now, hashtagtylerh said:
  Hide contents

It's not very mainstream or critic-friendly IN MY OPINION I think it'll get like 6/10 tbh

Spoiler

pitchfork hardly gives out anything under a 7 these days. they will only do that if they really want to get clicks and make drama. 

Spoiler

People saying Wild At Heart sounds like How to Disappear? The chorus is literally HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI with different lyrics.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

First listen initial thoughts:

Spoiler

The vocal take of White Dress (particularly when she sings that line about the men of the music business conference or whatever) is jarring at first but by the end of the song I really embraced it. There's something about this song that, by the end of it, you really understand her even more. It just feels very honest 

Tulsa Jesus Freak will sound much better once I hear it in the proper quality on Spotify. Cute song though! Kind of crazy that it was going to be the title track at some point?

Wild At Heart is great

Not All Who Wander is a sweet song. It pairs really well with WAH as a nice springtime easy listen

Dark But Just A Game is actually really good? It's giving me 90s-00s Portishead vibes? Why do I love it so much?

Yosemite is incredible and somehow the bongos really elevate the song! I was not expecting it to be this somber sounding. It def fits on LFL but it sounds really nice on COCC

Dance Till We Die is an unexpected SERVE! It's perfect as the penultimate song on the record and it really feels like a defining song in terms of its intention and lyrics. Like it's so nice to hear Lana sing about her group of friends and fellow musicians and how they all stick together. 

Haven't listened to BUS and I only half listened to For Free. It's one of my favorite Joni songs and I personally think that the live take Lana/Weyes Blood/Zella did is so much better than this studio version. It's kind of lacking in emotion? I wish Weyes Blood and Lana would do more stuff together though. What a pairing!!

4 minutes ago, normanrockweII said:

i'm guessing somewhere between 7.4 ~ 7.9

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

13 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: ARE THERE ANY JINGLE BELLS

Spoiler

yes but they're used well

Edited by Clampigirl
Please put details about the song in spoilers <3