Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

WD is such an emotional song I wonder how the mv will even capture what that song evokes... I'm guessing it'll be similar to VB in the sense that it will mostly be a visual for the song rather than a big artistic expression/companion to it. Like it'll just be a pretty visual to go along with it. Who knows maybe it'll be a serve! (This isn't premature mv hate by the way!)

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

for the ppl wondering which tracks are scraps

you think maybe her dislike for the record or the reason she wasn't gelling with it is because of all the callbacks? i accidentally saw a few other tidbits i didn't mean to like

Spoiler

how to disappear being pulled into some song production wise

but i could sense that she might've felt stuck if this was all she could work on/with w/ jack given the amount of reused assets from songs and eras she's well past and left from 

my initial impressions 

Spoiler

White Dress: hmmm how do you say LEGENDARY. The fragility this has.:sadcore4: The introspectiveness this track has.:oprah2: Like truly giving me subtle Kate Bush vibes, I was floored hearing this. I thought about how were 100% never hearing this lol. “down at the minute music basement conference” I GASPED. And the shoutout to Orlando that’s my girl.:angie: THE VAPE NOISE who can do it like her. 10/10

Tulsa Jesus Freak: HOLY FUCKING SHIT. LIKE OMG. LIKE WHAT???? it’s not what I expected at all but ITS SO FUCKING GOOD. THE ADLIBS AT THE END :lange:THE VOCAL LAYERING. :oprah:THE LIZZY “WHITE HOT FOREVER” VOCALS.:beyonce: Like this is on some other level type shit 15/10

Wild At Heart: this is the part where I don’t know where to trust her anymore – THIS SHIT IS SO CRAZY :air:like the levels to this shit are endless. The How To Disappear instrumental sounds so good in the song I’m not even mad someone needs to make a mashup now. At first I thought it was gonna be Stairway to Heaven-y but then the chorus hit like a fucking truck. Her vocals are so amazing, and the lyrics are so cute 10/10

Dark But Just A Game: WHAT IS SHE DOINGGGG THIS WOMAN IS CRAZY!!! HER MIND IS TOO POWERFUL. The way I’m getting strange late 2000s alt rock pop vibes from this. :omg:The vocal effect works so well and she sounds amazing  its trippy and so moody and sexy I am absolutely shocked so far 10/10

Not All Who Wander Are Lost: I really enjoyed this one. Its much simpler both instrumentally and lyrically but there’s nothing that I dislike about it  its def going in my calming playlist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 7/10

Yosemite: the hand drums are :wowcry: The vocals are so 2017 and kinda give me that bored vibe that she talked about with other tracks from LFL  but otherwise I love the very cowboy old west vibe the lyrics and the spoken word section did make my nibblets tingle :mj: 8/10

Breaking Up Slowly: I never doubted Ms Nikki Lane unlike some of you and she fucking ate this up. :nails:Giving me badass old timey cowgirls that go around murdering their ex boyfriends. Lana’s vocals sound so good in the second chorus / outro and for it being very intimate its very enrapturing 8/10

Dance Till We Die: this song made the whole second half of the album make much more sense. I was a lil spooked the last 5 songs were all gonna be bare bones but this one ATEEE the saxophone :xcry: the middle 8 area where she starts straight up rappin barz :monica: the way the final lyrics of the album are “and we wont stop dancing til we die” like how sweet. 9/10

For Free: this song is absolutely GORGEOUS. Jacks production is so powerful on this track  the power vocals during Lana’s “for freeeeee” were stunning. Weyes serving full Joni with the ending note this song is such an amazing closer and definitely the best of all her closing covers 10/10

I SAID WHAT I SAID :willcut:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

There is absolutely no way that LMLYLAW was meant for Ultraviolence. The foolishness of it all. :scoff:

Just now, faruhs said:
  Hide contents

In what world?

Spoiler

LOL MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY its a great song but the locals aren't streaming that shit

Spoiler

Okay i've just listened to the album and, i do like it, but all i kept thinking was... man i really hope she ditches jack forever and ever. It's a good album but it felt like i was listening to mostly an acapella album like, the instrumentals weren't carrying me away and i'm so used to them carrying the song especially with lana del rey albums, she hasn't been cinematic since obviously NFR and its kinda sad, jack is just.... im so tired of this conversation but CAN HE JUST LEAVE, i say this kindly, there isn't much proper instrumentation on the tracks and i can mostly just hear lana's voice, this is only my first reaction and im not totally blown away in fact i had a bigger reaction with NFR, really surprising, i'll give it a few more listens though so i can come to a better conclusion,

like i do understand jack haters, it's quite normal, his production when it comes to lana is basically just... acoustic, and im so used to big, bold and sad, and cinematic... hmm, just my first thoughts, there hasnt been any wow moments for me, im kinda drunk maybe thats why, this opinion doesnt count though, just yet... 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, salvatore said:

i am transcending upon the pure knowledge of yosemite's light shrouding the skins of those who're finally hearing and appreciating her for what it is the sweet breeze of lyricism and atmosphere lacing the wisteria around toes the sunlight ever so beautifully warm uncrusting the ice and muck off disbelievers and those not yet exposed' eyes i'm in constant transcendation and i hope you are too soon we'll dance with daisies and fall into sewn pillows of grass and feel nothing but the tartious grit of fruitberries stuck to the tips of our tongues 

This here should be a music video for this song. Just absolute bliss.

i’m so thankful i trusted my gut and got the exclusive cover art vinyl it fits the music so much better than the og, I got the neon green pop art Norman vinyl too and even if it’s only a little different it vibes so much better with the surfy aspects of Norman

Spoiler

I was going to wait, like I have in the past, but I just couldn't...

it is so damn BEAUTIFUL/Magical/Elegant.

I was worried it would be "simple" but LANA WENT OFF,

the discourse around fame & the sunset boulevard line about seeing her lover and it makes her sad and feel lazy and wanna smoke HAD me in MY FUCKING FEELINGS.

SHE REALLY DELIVERED! IM SHOOK, WIG IN SPACE... the whole element of her confessing her wild nature & trying to stay in the sun is just haunting and magical.

also kinda worrisome the lines about her possibly leaving and not singing again, and in a ODD AF way these songs are somewhat a response to all the turmoil that had developed with her question for the culture post,,,, like I know these songs were probably done before her post so it is weird, like a manifestation. I think it is so so important she has the opportunity to sing about how she feels. 

I definitely still feel like there is always a love for California from her, like it is indeed her infinity/home, so personally the magazines saying she "traversed" to the midwest feels a bit inaccurate. maybe acoustically or the way the songs are somewhat folky, IDK im just kinda shocked at how deeply im loving the record and FOR FREE being the closer was PERFECTION... I hope she never stops singing or returning to the ranch to give her mind a break, she truly must be going through it 

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

for the ppl wondering which tracks are scraps

Lmlylaw with psychedellic production omg, hope it leaks pretty sure its so much bettter than the snooze she put on the album

also why doesnt she perform her best songs from her albums, she performed tly the most boring from honeymoon, and now lmlylaw when she has so many good ones on cotcc 

28 minutes ago, Max said:

Thanks for the assumptions domandapiano, but I would suggest you to take a look at my posts' history on this very thread since this morning. You might be surprised, because apperances can be deceptive. ?

Yep! I’ve read the whole thread all day including your opinions! Im

glad you’re liking it! :) I meant no offense, and I certainly don’t think preconceived notions can’t be shattered!