Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I may have listened to the album multiple times, but I'm very much looking forward to reading what you kweens have to say about it!!!

thank you!!! i'm super excited to hear the album after all the praise it's gotten so far. i have a feeling it's gonna be one of my top 3 from lana. :icant:

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I am so excited for you. I'm going to try my best to hold off until then. (White Dress is super addicting)

me too!! and yeah, i almost gave in to listening once then my 2nd listen would be when it actually released by i was able to resist. :party:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

1 minute ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

thank you!!! i'm super excited to hear the album after all the praise it's gotten so far. i have a feeling it's gonna be one of my top 3 from lana. :icant:

me too!! and yeah, i almost gave in to listening once then my 2nd listen would be when it actually released by i was able to resist. :party:

Period!! and really, the praise is well deserved. I really have no low point in the whole album! it's all good! I'm happy she kept it a short 11 tracks! It's perfection. :agree:

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Hide contents

Now that we heard the album... LMLYLAW was a weird choice for a single. The title track made more sense. But WD as a single is weird?!? It’s a magnificent track, but a single? TJF makes more sense, obviously. Other than that, I don’t know what other track could be one. 

I kinda agree but also I don't consider Lana singles to be your stereotypical single... Like it seems to be which songs she likes the most or are most thoughtful to her. So like Let Me Love You Like A Woman was her favourite and therefore the first thing she wanted us to hear. Then Chemtrails she said she loves cos it's about her and her family and that was shown through the video too. With White Dress it's a very personal one and in the Interview interview she said that this song captures the essence of the record the most or something like this was one of the few tracks that actually ended up being like what she was trying to achieve. 

I don't see them putting out singles for radio or streaming etc. If it weren't for the label I imagine we'd get no pre release songs tbh. 

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Hide contents

Now that we heard the album... LMLYLAW was a weird choice for a single. The title track made more sense. But WD as a single is weird?!? It’s a magnificent track, but a single? TJF makes more sense, obviously. Other than that, I don’t know what other track could be one. 

I kinda agree but also I don't consider Lana singles to be your stereotypical single... Like it seems to be which songs she likes the most or are most thoughtful to her. So like Let Me Love You Like A Woman was her favourite and therefore the first thing she wanted us to hear. Then Chemtrails she said she loves cos it's about her and her family and that was shown through the video too. With White Dress it's a very personal one and in the Interview interview she said that this song captures the essence of the record the most or something like this was one of the few tracks that actually ended up being like what she was trying to achieve. 

I don't see them putting out singles for radio or streaming etc. If it weren't for the label I imagine we'd get no pre release songs tbh. 

I’m still really upset the music video trailer is the ‘album trailer’ this era. Her album trailers are always super iconic and always help paint the mood of the album

I know she’s busy working on the new poetry book but I wish this album hadn’t taken such a backseat spot. Especially because it’s one of her best

"Don’t forget me"

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah IMO none of these songs are single material (as dictated by current radio/playlist trends). From the clip of TJF I thought it’d be more GP friendly but it’s much softer than I originally thought. 

aOaIzH2.gif

10 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

I can't wait for our day!

same!!! i cant wait to break out the pink champagne a few hours before the album drops. it's gonna be amazing. :hair:

10 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Period!! and really, the praise is well deserved. I really have no low point in the whole album! it's all good! I'm happy she kept it a short 11 tracks! It's perfection. :agree:

ahhhh i cannot wait!!! i have a feeling "dark but just a game" will be my fave. :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

same!!! i cant wait to break out the pink champagne a few hours before the album drops. it's gonna be amazing. :hair:

ahhhh i cannot wait!!! i have a feeling "dark but just a game" will be my fave. :trisha:

It will definetly end up in your top 3. Mark my words:smokes:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

pffffffff, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT COMING TO YOU WITH DBJAG BESTIE!!!!!! :gurl::dance: it knocked me the fuck OUT!!

3 hours ago, Honeysuckle said:

I don't think Jack is necessarily a bad producer but you can definitely tell he's an electronic music producer. Most of these acoustic-type songs that Lana wants to do with him is out of his element and that's why they may come as "bland" to some listeners.

That's part of what I wanted to say, but better explained

I really enjoy listening to Melodrama and his work with Taylor. I don't consider Jack a bad producer at all. But for me he fits more in the category of a follower than a trendsetter.

His production sounds boring/bland/annoying for me because it's just good. Like mainstream good. I often prefer records that it's so perfect that have flaws. Or that it's ethereal good like Honeymoon and The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust [...] from Bowie.

COCC for me was better than NFR and I can't wait to listen to it again in the 19th. However I don't feel that it's going to be a grower for me, but who knows.

I still can't understand how Lana and Jack decided to ruin DBJAG with that horrible chorus. The song sounds so interesting, cool and eerie but then the chorus kicks in and it sounds like a Lana unreleased from 2011/2012 I-

bREMaA5.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

After listening to the album, the cover makes me more upset lol. It would’ve been perfect if it was Neils cover or even the back cover at that.

Spoiler

But overall this album is so raw and it makes you feel at home, feel good, and takes you back to why you fell in love with lana.

I feel like for us fans that have been here since the early stages of her career, this album has been able to let us grow with her as a person. By far my personal favorite :icant:

Edited by Clampigirl
Please put details about the song/album in spoilers <3

giphy.gif

Knowing LMLYLAW was written for UV is weird to know after how she described it 

“the first song written for the album” (which I guess isn’t untrue) that was a “defining song” for the album 

I really wanna hear that demo because i can’t picture this beautiful piano ballad as a psychedelic and cinematic song

"Don’t forget me"