Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I'm nervous for the album cover.

Something kitschy and glam kinda like the David LaChapelle shoot would be amazing but it's probably going to be something lazy. 

She can do so many cool and unique things with this concept. I hope she comes through with it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Next announcement will be on Sep 10th. She'll tell us that the album was not yet ready but she'll give us a new date sooooon and then proceeds to post nothing but pics of her cringy influencer friends until the end of the year.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Next announcement will be on Sep 10th. She'll tell us that the album was not yet ready but she'll give us a new date sooooon and then proceeds to post nothing but pics of her cringy influencer friends until the end of the year.

Y’all so mean up in here lol cut her some slack

But yeah I think there might be a chance that the release date might be postponed due to the pandemic and such - lots of artists have - but let’s just not rush things - we don’t want L4L 2.0

L4Ls problem was not that it was rushed but that she overthought it and therefore made a lot of bad decisions like changing Lust For Life to a Max-Martin-produced Weeknd-Feature, to forcefully turn BPBP into a meaningless duet with Spongebob Nicks and to include Coachella while cutting Yosemite.

In fact some of her best work was "rushed" - Cherry, FIILY, the whole HM album, the idea to involve Dan A into UV ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

L4Ls problem was not that it was rushed but that she overthought it and therefore made a lot of bad decisions like changing Lust For Life to a Max-Martin-produced Weeknd-Feature, to forcefully turn BPBP into a meaningless duet with Spongebob Nicks and to include Coachella while cutting Yosemite.

In fact some of her best work was "rushed" - Cherry, FIILY, the whole HM album, the idea to involve Dan A into UV ...

I see your point. I still think L4L was made out of sheer obligation towards numbers and mainstream reception- for some reason, after reading the infamous Instagram post I do think she kinda resents her decision to put that record out - it might be just me though

so she cancelled the french interview that was scheduled for next year and she cancelled primavera festival and other festivals also scheduled for next year...what does that mean

She said she'd make it up to us, so maybe we'll get an epic COCC aka Endless Summer 2.0 tour instead :thumb:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Songs I want Lana to cover:

California Dreamin' by The Mamas and Papas

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (originally by Leonard Cohen but Jeff's version is *chef's kiss*)

Crazy by Patsy Cline

You're So Vain by Carly Simon

The River in the Pines by Joan Baez

Stand by Me by Ben E. King

Scarborough Fair by Simon & Garfunkel (studio version, we all know she sung it beautifully live)

Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana (again, a studio version would be orgasmic)

Every You Every Me by Placebo

Gloomy Sunday by Billie Holliday

Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues

April Come She Will by Simon & Garfunkel

Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex

(Ghost) Riders in the Sky by Johnny Cash

Hurt by Johnny Cash (his version, I know it's not his song lol)

Queen of You by Monster Magnet

Lonesome Town by Ricky Nelson

Call Me by Blondie

The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen

Alison by Slowdive

Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by Marilyn Manson (his version)

Burn by The Cure

Winter's Going by Bonnie Dobson

Dumb by Nirvana

Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground

Somethin' Stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra (a duet with Father John Misty!)

Under the Milky Way by The Church

House of the Rising Sun by The Animals

Mother by Danzig

Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

I chose songs that Lana could easily sing based on her range :hair:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

so she cancelled the french interview that was scheduled for next year and she cancelled primavera festival and other festivals also scheduled for next year...what does that mean

Probably hiding after her recent behavior haha. And it really is the smart thing to do. Anything she says will be twisted in a negative way so certain people on twitter can get faux offended over it, since there is heat on her now.

'Thunder' sounds like the old LDR I love. Light, fun, carefree, confident. Not trying to prove anything. Nothing sounds labored. The vocals are the like the old LDR too.

It gives me hope for the CTOCC, even if it's not new. 

ya'll, i had a dream last night that i got an album boxset for cotcc, it had a blue and orange sunset, it looked a lot like the back of the surf shop hoodie with lana surfing. i remember i only listened to the first two tracks, the first one was similar to norman fucking rockwell but a lot more colorful and surfy. the second track was like a mix between off to the races and doin' time. i'd love for lana to do something like that, surfy, colorful, yet ambitious and daring! 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123