Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think this era is going to be like HM - pretty low-key, not much promotion, not much news/interviews at all.

HBTB was released almost a month before HM was released, so I'm thinking it'll be the same for COCC. I'm not expecting anything until late July at the earliest, or early-mid August. As much as I love it when we get interviews and lots of news, I kinda like quiet eras. They feel so much more intimate :flutter:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

True, but my point was that we still had more from that album by that time compared to now. :toofunny:

It’s true that we have heard nothing yet of it at this point. But there’s the “surprise release” factor - and her definition of it - that could change the rollout and make it different from HM.

She teased the title track late May if I recall correctly, and went on to release it like halfway through June.

We got nothing thus far. :crossed:

She teased the title track late June and it was released on her YouTube channel by mid-July. Knowing that she scrapped the music video, I guess she wanted the title track to be the first single at first with a MV, but since she didn’t like it, HBTB became the first single.

The more I think about it, the more I believe COCC will be a very “minimal” era when it comes to promo. One single very close to release (you have to give something to create some buzz around it), cover art and maybe a trailer and that’s it.

Everybody knows Lanaboards is a mess

We are crazy

Get a little bit of delusional in 'ya

Get a little bit fake tracklists

And we go crazy, yeah yeah

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Imagine if lana and her baddie friends have slumber parties and scroll through this thread drinking and laughing at us omg that would be kinda funny

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Imagine if lana and her baddie friends have slumber parties and scroll through this thread drinking and laughing at us omg that would be kinda funny

Lana if you're reading this, wear your damn mask!!!!!!!!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

the lashes and nails could be because she's filming stuff on the low maybe someone should search for any cast calls 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

A lot of people in here are delusion

no leaked of the album no snippet no real tracklist no tweet about it no insta post 

even her website Is Still NFR area (last year her website was under maintenance)

A lot of people in here are delusion

no leaked of the album no snippet no real tracklist no tweet about it no insta post

even her website Is Still NFR area (last year her website was under maintenance)

Well, her stuff is now secured apparently. She teases the snippets, and all the leaks happened, in the NFR era, when the singles were sent to the steaming services. The tracklist was protected until she posted it on Insta. The only indication we got before that of song names was when we Shazamed the snippets a couple of days prior to the the tracklist announcement and it revealed the titles Love Song, California and Cinnamon Girl.

There are no snippets to Shazam this time around, so that option is out of the picture. If her website gets under maintenance, this could be our best indicator of the era coming through, near the lead single, I guess?!?

Maybe they’ve just updated their website servers now so it doesn’t need to go into “maintenance” before every era. Doesn’t it usually update once we either get a new single or when she announces the cover / tracklist anyway ? It wouldn’t make sense to update it first

She teased the title track late June and it was released on her YouTube channel by mid-July. Knowing that she scrapped the music video, I guess she wanted the title track to be the first single at first with a MV, but since she didn’t like it, HBTB became the first single.

The more I think about it, the more I believe COCC will be a very “minimal” era when it comes to promo. One single very close to release (you have to give something to create some buzz around it), cover art and maybe a trailer and that’s it.

I agree. I feel like this will be a quieter release. In general, she's a more low key artist, but LFL and NFR did have some bigger promo behind it.

I'm really curious of the sound. 

I remember Honeymoon being a short time between HBTB and the album release. Wasn't it only like 6 weeks?

high by the beach was the first lana song release i got to experience in real time. 

ahhhh memories. at that point, i had never done a drug in my life, and i hate the beach with a passion...yet i blasted that song every day the end of that summer. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I agree. I feel like this will be a quieter release. In general, she's a more low key artist, but LFL and NFR did have some bigger promo behind it.

I'm really curious of the sound.

I remember Honeymoon being a short time between HBTB and the album release. Wasn't it only like 6 weeks?

Yes, somethings like that. And those six weeks had plenty : new single, new MV, cover art and release date, three promo singles, a trailer. And we were just a year after UV. The HM era is my fave from her because of that. It was all about the music with almost zero interviews.

When LDR announced 'White Hot Forever,' she said she might just drop it without any promotional build-up. And that was before the pandemic.

A lot of cultural products of all kinds that were planned for March-April 2020 were actually released, but their promotional legs cancelled--like Tori Amos's book tour to support her new volume.

The pandemic and the confused response to it will very likely still be with us in two months, so LDR may continue on as planned and drop COCC on September 5th, or Interscope and/or other forces may convince her that we're still in a cultural 'dead zone' and September 5th will mean suicide for the project. 

The latter is not true; look how well Bob Dylan's 'Rough & Rowdy Ways' is doing. People need music now more than ever, as many are home-bound and bored to death.  

When LDR announced 'White Hot Forever,' she said she might just drop it without any promotional build-up. And that was before the pandemic.

Yes. That’s what I’m thinking. She probably won’t release anything untill the release date itself

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Why do I have a feeling something is gonna happen this week, not from lana but I feel like something big will be announced on like a random Iranian website, where a tracklist or a release date is gonna be announced, or a song registered idk, wishful thinking I guess

I checked ASCAP and there's two songs on there which we know of, Morricone and one titled Live Forever Golden Grill (also known as just Golden Grill), but I swear I've never come across these on the site before? Weird. There's also another called Piano Theme (?) never heard of that one on it's own...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven