Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Tbh with Violet coming out in a couple days, I’m not too worried about myself overplaying a snippet or single if she gives us anything. I truly think that this round if she gives us anything in advance, I can refrain because of the poetry album. In a way, it makes the wait easier too.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Tbh with Violet coming out in a couple days, I’m not too worried about myself overplaying a snippet or single if she gives us anything. I truly think that this round if she gives us anything in advance, I can refrain because of the poetry album. In a way, it makes the wait easier too.

I think she knows she teased NFR too much. It's probably why she announced that she'd already starting working on her next album the day it was released and talked about a surprise release.

I’m hoping this is finally the album in which she goes for Beach House/90s shoegaze guitars with a big of Cranberries dream pop thrown in. Let the emotions out, gurl.

a shoegaze Lana album...a dream, literally a dream.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

give me 777-9X with the LDR livery.. those wings  :agree:

or a 757-300, the classic skinny legend

I totally forgot about the 777-9! That one would be perfect and Boeing would love the free advertising given all the problems Boeing has been having lately! It's a win-win!!

Just throwing it out there that songs with titles like "White Hot Forever" and "Tulsa Jesus Freak" can't not be guitar-driven :legend:

Yeah “Tulsa Jesus Freak” especially gives me kinda West Coast/Fuck it I Love You surfy guitar vibes. Hopefully I’m not setting myself up for disappointment.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

In my head, "White Hot Forever" sounds like it'll have those majestic plucked guitar chords that we hear at the very beginning of Serene Queen with the surfy/glittery folk-rock guitar riffs that come in after the chorus of Andromeda by Weyes Blood - at 1:16.

I also imagine "Tulsa Jesus Freak" to have almost acoustic country-like verses that transition into something gritty and psychedelic - maybe structurally similar to Venice Bitch? A title like that calls for something super experimental and wavy.

In my head, "White Hot Forever" sounds like it'll have those majestic plucked guitar chords that we hear at the very beginning of Serene Queen with the surfy/glittery folk-rock guitar riffs that come in after the chorus of Andromeda by Weyes Blood - at 1:16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSEXZcwOB4

I also imagine "Tulsa Jesus Freak" to have almost acoustic country-like verses that transition into something gritty and psychedelic - maybe structurally similar to Venice Bitch? A title like that calls for something super experimental and wavy.

Love this. I really want the album to sound like Movies. Just imagine omg

Love this. I really want the album to sound like Movies. Just imagine omg

Yes! I'm hoping we also get some beautiful harmonies and layered vocals again, which  are super characteristic of both Weyes Blood and Lana's choruses on the title tracks of Honeymoon and Ultraviolence!

would LOVE more 70s rock/folk influence in COCC. 70s Lana is my favorite Lana, imagine her making a song like this (most likely not going ot happen but a gay can dream)

Simon and Garfunkel has had an impact on Lana as an artist so it wouldn’t be a stretch.