Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

12 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

MY THEORY ON THE NEXT FEW DAYS - 

Because albums are released at 9 pm Thursday PST / midnight Friday EST, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if tomorrow morning she posted to her social medias “surprise - my new record Chemtrails Over the Country Club is out at midnight” or something, and then the morning of Friday, August 28th, at maybe 5 AM PST / 1 PM BST, the physicals could be available for pre-order. And then on Saturday morning she drops a music video. 

That would make sense to me because Sheridan posted on August 25th “3 days” which would be August 28th for the album and then “4 midnights” which would be August 29th for the video or something else.The rabbit and hat emoji that implies surprise has to be purposefully included on his part to indicate a surprise. 

I also don’t know if her label would even let one of their artists release an album on a Saturday - every album comes out on Friday - and the September 5th date could’ve been a decoy and when she was adding 7 days to August 28th, she likely could’ve forgotten there were 31 days in August, not 30. 

Plus, that link on her website that redirected to 404 and now redirects to her homepage must mean something is coming soon. 

I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up and let down, but if my hypothesis is correct, then we could be listening to the album in 28 hours and 17 minutes. I really don’t think it’s the case, but I also do lol. It would really make sense as a surprise. 

What I think could also happen is that she does what Taylor did and send physical copies of either cds, 7" singles or the full album on vinyl to record stores. She posted about supporting independent record stores and this Saturday is record store day when a bunch of exclusives are released. 

4 minutes ago, Kid with Vintage Music said:

What I think could also happen is that she does what Taylor did and send physical copies of either cds, 7" singles or the full album on vinyl to record stores. She posted about supporting independent record stores and this Saturday is record store day when a bunch of exclusives are released. 

I think so too! Taylor’s release strategy with Folklore was really well-executed and it seems Lana is doing something similar. It’s too unusual that the week before her album has been announced to come out, nothing has happened.

Independent record stores also have less chances of having an album accidentally leak, as there is no widespread communication in terms of there being franchises or different locations with the same catalogue, protocol, etc. :) 

i honestly have no clue what the link thing means, but i did notice it’s different. i’ve tried it before and it only let me to a 404 a while back but now it takes us back to the regular site homepage. i think there’s a reason for it all, whatever that is i have no idea. but at the same time idk what it means if you put other stuff there

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think so too! Taylor’s release strategy with Folklore was really well-executed and it seems Lana is doing something similar. It’s too unusual that the week before her album has been announced to come out, nothing has happened.

Independent record stores also have less chances of having an album accidentally leak, as there is no widespread communication in terms of there being franchises or different locations with the same catalogue, protocol, etc. :) 

I know when Taylor sent signed CDs to stores it was the morning of so even the stores didn't know about it until it was there. I can see her maybe sending a couple copies of something to a couple stores. If I didn't live on the other side of the country I'd probably be at the record parlour when they open on Saturday. 

i am thinking it's a single (TJF) with music video and/or album cover? if we get anything more than that i'll obvs be thrilled (and tbh genuinely surprised) but a single would be exciting enough on its own.

aOaIzH2.gif

Lana being into witches is the type of imagery I need within a music video/album. We were hoping to see it within LFL but it was never executed thoroughly. An album produced by Cigs After Sex but with a dark and moody aesthetic that has elements of witchcraft would be amazing. 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

whenever i read "arkansas" i think of it pronouced as "are-kansas" lana wtf did you do :icant:

it's funny because my first language isn't english and to me it makes SO much more sense pronouncing it in that way instead of ~arkensaw~

actually I was kind of shocked when I noticed that kansas and arkansas sounds completely different lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's funny because my first language isn't english and to me it makes SO much more sense pronouncing it in that way instead of ~arkensaw~

actually I was kind of shocked when I noticed that kansas and arkansas sounds completely different lol

it really reminds me of how lana would emphasize the "ch" on words such as champagne, chevy, and chandelier in some of her earlier songs (elvis, daytona meth, hey you, hundred dollar bill) i'm curious as to why she did that, i've never heard anyone else pronouce them like that before.

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

i still really really dont think it will be anything other than a magazine cover which will reveal some details about the album and hopefully an October date if we’re lucky (It’s deffo not coming before then)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I'm still debating where and how i wanna listen to this album when it's released. With NFR i said i was going to go to the beach but i couldn't wait until morning so i ended up listening to it at midnight in a dark bedroom (it wasn't the best). I hope i have some more willpower for COCC but i don't know, sometimes i feel if i listen to music outside i feel a little restricted in the way i can behave because i feel like someone is watching me, i cant decide, maybe ill just stay in my room again... i'm so excited ahh

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm still debating where and how i wanna listen to this album when it's released. With NFR i said i was going to go to the beach but i couldn't wait until morning so i ended up listening to it at midnight in a dark bedroom (it wasn't the best). I hope i have some more willpower for COCC but i don't know, sometimes i feel if i listen to music outside i feel a little restricted in the way i can behave because i feel like someone is watching me, i cant decide, maybe ill just stay in my room again... i'm so excited ahh

When MAC was released I really wanted to listen to it at home on the radio but I missed my bus so I had to wait for the next one at 6:58 and it was late and arrived as the song started then my ticket wasn’t eligible for that bus service so I had to buy a new one and I missed half the song I nearly cried ?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

15 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

it really reminds me of how lana would emphasize the "ch" on words such as champagne, chevy, and chandelier in some of her earlier songs (elvis, daytona meth, hey you, hundred dollar bill) i'm curious as to why she did that, i've never heard anyone else pronouce them like that before.

it always made me think when she’d pronounce vitamin as “vit-uh-men”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole