Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, WildMustang said:

WD in 4 days ladies :lmaoney:

Since I told myself that I'm not listening to the song until the album is out, I'm wondering how pointless it will be watching the mv with no sound :awk:

You're gonna give in aren't you?:troll: I know I am.

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

I much prefer hearing songs one at a time, digesting them on their own and forming connections and memories with them instead of having one giant album to listen to without giving some songs their time to shine. Also if an artist, especially someone like Lana, puts out something before the album then she intends the audience to hear that ahead of the album and I trust her vision. I guess it's okay if you wanna wait to listen to a promo single with the album if it's released like a week before, but making yourself wait 3 more weeks to hear a proper single with a music video? And spoil yourself in the process anyways with everyone hyping it up or being disappointed, so you're already biased before hearing it? Also watching a video WITH THE SOUND OFF? That sounds like insanity, I'm sorry.

This is not directed at anyone specifically, I've seen a lot of people doing this and it's specifically a LanaBoards behaviour that is deemed acceptable. So I wanted to share my two cents.

oOQp68I.gif

4 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

I much prefer hearing songs one at a time, digesting them on their own and forming connections and memories with them instead of having one giant album to listen to without giving some songs their time to shine. Also if an artist, especially someone like Lana, puts out something before the album then she intends the audience to hear that ahead of the album and I trust her vision. I guess it's okay if you wanna wait to listen to a promo single with the album if it's released like a week before, but making yourself wait 3 more weeks to hear a proper single with a music video? And spoil yourself in the process anyways with everyone hyping it up or being disappointed, so you're already biased before hearing it? Also watching a video WITH THE SOUND OFF? That sounds like insanity, I'm sorry.

This is not directed at anyone specifically, I've seen a lot of people doing this and it's specifically a LanaBoards behaviour that is deemed acceptable. So I wanted to share my two cents.

oOQp68I.gif

or perhaps you could just leak WD. :oic2:

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

Or perhaps NOT....

SECURITY!

ii2ms0o3j9901.gif

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

she obviously also wanted us to listen to the 10 snippets that literally spoiled NFR though and it doesn't make it good

Mr. Future Jazz there is a difference between a proper song release and a snippet on her Instagram that only her followers care to click. If you overplay a LQ snippet and ruin the experience, that's on you. It's not her problem.

9 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

oOQp68I.gif

I get it. Some people just want to prolong the excitment. We all have our ways of listening to music. I trust Lana's vision. And I'm def gonna watch the video/listen to the single. But I get it. Nothing wrong with wanting to wait. That's my three cents on this matter.:awkney:

Just now, God&Monster said:

"A little party never hurt nobody" :blush3:

This little party will hurt you when the mods warn you and put you on mod queue, rightfully.

But you didn't hear it from me hun. :bye:

8 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Or perhaps NOT....

SECURITY!

ii2ms0o3j9901.gif

Mr. Future Jazz there is a difference between a proper song release and a snippet on her Instagram that only her followers care to click. If you overplay a LQ snippet and ruin the experience, that's on you. It's not her problem.

5 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

well i’m sure we all don’t want fbi knocking so leak any other song that is not intended for release instead :dance:

2 minutes ago, God&Monster said:

"A little party never hurt nobody" :blush3:

unbeknownst to this user eclipse had their house broken into by SWAT and interrogated by the FBI for leaking something as stupid and menial as cruel world and also called lana lazy obama didn't like that one bit sent a drone strike over yonder to england there's a huge crater in edinburgh true story

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

This little party will hurt you when the mods warn you and put you on mod queue, rightfully.

But you didn't hear it from me hun. :bye:

I believe the mods have some sense of humor tho :blush3:

Not me blocking people on Twitter for asking for leaks only to come here to find this when I wanted to have a discussion with the girls. :stareney:

If this is it I'm signing off

Lanaboards is blond and gone

Oh, the @Clampigirl is almost on

(To ban y'all asses)

18 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

oOQp68I.gif

Personally I find the first listen/full album listen to be the most satisfying when its as much as a surprise as possible. I like to do this with all albums, but especially with Lana's cause her albums are so important to me. It just makes the album and shock and satisfaction so much better getting to hear everything from the era at once. I like to do this with everything like tv shows and videos, I like binging things all at once. I was waiting on an album recently actually that I was really excited for but I was listening to all the singles as they were coming out, and honestly it did affect the initial first listen of the album because I already knew bits and pieces of the album. It would be a new song, then a song I already heard and I'd be tempted to skip it even though I love it. And overall it was just not as satisfying as it would've been if a lot more of it was a surprise. Especially with an album thats 11 tracks long I want COCC to be as much as a surprise as possible.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, boom like that said:

Personally I find the first listen/full album listen to be the most satisfying when its as much as a surprise as possible. I like to do this with all albums, but especially with Lana's cause her albums are so important to me. It just makes the album and shock and satisfaction so much better getting to hear everything from the era at once. I'm like to do this with everything like tv shows and videos, I like binging things all at once. I was waiting on an album recently actually that I was really excited for but I was listening to all the singles as they were coming out, and honestly it did affect the initial first listen of the album because I already knew bits and pieces of the album. It would be a new song, then a song I already heard and I'd be tempted to skip it even though I love it. And overall it was just not as satisfying as it would've been if a lot more of it was a surprise. Especially with an album thats 11 tracks long I want COCC to be as much as a surprise as possible.

More power to you Miss Boom.

carselfie_80.thumb.png.c4a3413bb9104ea10

Not me thinking the 11+ replies were people answering the questions as to why we don't listen to singles as they come :deadbanana:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

2 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Not me blocking people on Twitter for asking for leaks only to come here to find this when I wanted to have a discussion with the girls. :stareney:

If this is it I'm signing off

Lanaboards is blond and gone

Oh, the @Clampigirl is almost on

(To ban y'all asses)

Well, maybe you shouldn't have bragged about it.

Just sayin' :blush3: