Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

23 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Lol. Imagine if BUS ends up being the fav :3

I’ll genuinely collapse if I end up liking this onr cuz for now it could be scrapped ffs and I wouldn’t move at all:oprah3:

Just now, Lustformoney said:

i just want to fall asleep and wake up on 19th:crying2: do yall think its gonna leak earlier?

I hope it does, I’m tired of this puta

:hooker:

Just now, Lustformoney said:

i just want to fall asleep and wake up on 19th:crying2: do yall think its gonna leak earlier?

Let's hope bestie

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

I don’t think it’s gonna leak much sooner. Like 2-3 days if it does. I have a feeling it won’t leak this time. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Well, hello!

it’s month of the cocc :legend:

I listened to the TJF snippet for the first time in ages today and I still think it’s gonna be a favourite with most for a while but I hope there’s a couple more stand out songs 

Imagine they didn't changed the date and we would get it this Friday :trisha::lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I'm so hyped today for COTCC..it's crazy :hype:

I even listened to the snippets again :trisha:

And the fact that on like 8 songs are drums credited:wowcry: Hopefully they doesn't end up in the background most of the time cause I need some heavy drums :trisha:

Take out turqoise & all of your jewels guys..only 18 days to go:hype:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

breaking up slowly is one of those songs for which the hate is self-generating. some people hate it, then the others hate it, taking the hate to new extremes as if it were a really bad song. but i wouldn't be surprised if the current phenomenon of rehabilitation of lmlylaw happened with breaking up slowly. if you put the hate you saw on lanaboards aside, do you truly think the melody for breaking up slowly is bad?

11 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

breaking up slowly is one of those songs for which the hate is self-generating. some people hate it, then the others hate it, taking the hate to new extremes as if it were a really bad song. but i wouldn't be surprised if the current phenomenon of rehabilitation of lmlylaw happened with breaking up slowly. if you put the hate you saw on lanaboards aside, do you truly think the melody for breaking up slowly is bad?

People just overreact when they see a song collab because it’s always a hit or miss when it comes to Lana having a feature. I do think it can become the least favorite ‘cause of the country/folk vibes, not cause of the melody.

11 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

It is a fine song don’t get the hate honestly 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

16 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I’ve been thinking about BUS, too, mainly cause it’s been stuck in my head the past two days. From the clips we’ve heard, it is a catchy song, the melody is nice, and while I don’t love Nikki’s voice paired with Lana’s (at least live), I have a lot of hope that it will deliver more than a nice, country inspo-heavy Lana track. Even if it turns out to be just that,  it’ll serve as a nice palette cleanser for the record. The length of everything, the record and the songs themselves, indicate this is gonna be a short and sweet, trim the fat kind of project.

At first I couldn’t understand why the elusive and much hyped Dealer was cut, but a track like BUS (saying this based off initial reaction to the clips) stayed, but it must reinforce her vision, and tell the story of Chemtrails succinctly.  So maybe Dealer will one day exist on the “opposite” album that Yosemite found its home in. 

12 minutes ago, rabbit said:

I’ve been thinking about BUS, too, mainly cause it’s been stuck in my head the past two days. From the clips we’ve heard, it is a catchy song, the melody is nice, and while I don’t love Nikki’s voice paired with Lana’s (at least live), I have a lot of hope that it will deliver more than a nice, country inspo-heavy Lana track. Even if it turns out to be just that,  it’ll serve as a nice palette cleanser for the record. The length of everything, the record and the songs themselves, indicate this is gonna be a short and sweet, trim the fat kind of project.

At first I couldn’t understand why the elusive and much hyped Dealer was cut, but a track like BUS (saying this based off initial reaction to the clips) stayed, but it must reinforce her vision, and tell the story of Chemtrails succinctly.  So maybe Dealer will one day exist on the “opposite” album that Yosemite found its home in. 

well as much as i'd be interested in hearing a "screamer", i'm not sure the fact that she screams makes it a good song... just because she screams, we're all expecting a rock/metal-inspired production, but that might be extremely delusional. i like the title and i like that she made it with zach dawes, but i think people are going to be disappointed when they hear it, because contrary to yosemite, she hasn't even said she LIKED the song, let alone it was her favorite on the record... and I know her own taste is sometimes debatable, but still. the only thing we know about its sound is that she screams, but so does she in tired of singing the blues, and I don't think tired of singing the blues would have that much hype around it :eartha2:

and although my perception of the chemtrails aesthetics back in 2020 included Dealer (one of the only songs we knew about), because i associated it with her look for the Interview magazine, because I associated it with still screaming, meeting with dealers and being wild in the midst of such a bourgeois, 35-year-old atmosphere, but I truly understand why she didn't put it in there, and I have hope it will either leak or be on her next album

2 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

i feel like Breaking Up Slowly is something like White Mustang on Lust For Life :lolliney: cute, short song but i wouldve lived without it 

dont compare this roach to White mustang:tommy:

4 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

i feel like Breaking Up Slowly is something like White Mustang on Lust For Life :lolliney: cute, short song but i wouldve lived without it 

true, but i've always felt white mustang had a special status in the LFL era, it truly embodied something... because of how it was heavily teased with all those videos, because it was about her 2017 relationship, because it sounded like a typical song of hers in the midst of experimental songs, because of the messiness of the clip that was symbolic for that of the era, and it also feels like a turning point in the tracklist to me. i don't think breaking up slowly is special, although i like it a lot already

I don’t know why but I’m feeling sooo emotional today :krylie:

thinking of COCC almost here :crying2:

the power of the title track :trisha:

the subtle revenge of LMLYLAW :xcry:

the upcoming devastating energy of WD :lange:

omfg this album is gonna be SOOOOO good :wowcry: 

I really really do need it :hair:

i'm actually excited to hear BUS :blush3:

maybe i have bad taste... but i want to hear it nonetheless. i've resisted listening to the snippet so i only have a general sense of what it sounds like and i really am interested to know how it'll sound on the album and with more substance to it

sUcVobB.png

I don’t get the BUS slander. The melody is catchy af. It stays in your head for days. The harmony is great. I could use a mild decrease in Nikki’s volume though. Maybe they’ll do that in the studio version. ??