Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I just wanted to point out that I think I Talk to Jesus and White Dress seem to be somewhat linked thematically!

“We had a deal and I fucked it up when I made the decision to become someone” (ITTJ)

and 

“Look how I do this, look how I’ve got this, it kind of makes me feel like maybe I was better off” (WD)

These lyrics in particular both see Lana implicitly longing for a life before “ma[king] the decision to become someone” and upon making that decision, realizing that “maybe [she] was better off.” 

I Talk to Jesus seems to explore this sentiment through a slightly grainier and super-specific lens (with references to romantic relationships, biblical themes, and motifs from her earlier catalogue) and White Dress - while we haven’t heard it yet, so I’m solely making this comment based on what she’s said about it in interviews - seems to discuss it more holistically, and takes a more bird’s eye view of her life at the time? 

I can’t wait to hear it! 

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

What if White Dress is like her A Star Is Born? When she was just starting out and then made it to stardom. Tears from different emotions. That mustve made her feel like a godmhYdsEc.gif

Who will be her Bradley Cooper? Sean, Clay or Win Edwards?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

32 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I just wanted to point out that I think I Talk to Jesus and White Dress seem to be somewhat linked thematically!

“We had a deal and I fucked it up when I made the decision to become someone” (ITTJ)

and 

“Look how I do this, look how I’ve got this, it kind of makes me feel like maybe I was better off” (WD)

These lyrics in particular both see Lana implicitly longing for a life before “ma[king] the decision to become someone” and upon making that decision, realizing that “maybe [she] was better off.” 

I Talk to Jesus seems to explore this sentiment through a slightly grainier and super-specific lens (with references to romantic relationships, biblical themes, and motifs from her earlier catalogue) and White Dress - while we haven’t heard it yet, so I’m solely making this comment based on what she’s said about it in interviews - seems to discuss it more holistically, and takes a more bird’s eye view of her life at the time? 

I can’t wait to hear it! 

YUP YUP YUP

me after playing "I Talk to Jesus" over the White Dress video

source.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

??? where did that lyric come from, the mojo interview?

this aint about your question but who's the artist in your avi :oprah3:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Are you referring to the one I referenced in my post? If so, then yes, it came from the Mojo interview! 

Oh thank you!!! I read the entire thing but I guess I skipped over that part :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Today I was so bored that I read the most random forums ever. Those made me curious about Lana's birth chart and horoscope. 

Apparently the prevision for her today (monday) is this:

"This influence indicates the beginning of a new cycle of growth and progress. However, it is often the focus of exaggerated expectations. You may expect sudden windfalls, great wealth or luck, and all kinds of wonderful opportunities. And these things do happen sometimes with this influence, but most people should expect more subtle, but equally useful effects.

Events now, such as meetings with persons or even changes in your psyche, open the way for you to become wiser and more mature and to have a broader understanding of the world. At this time you will reach out consciously and unconsciously and ask more of the world, but at the same time you are willing to give more to the world.

This influence can make you feel either more demanding or more giving toward others, but you are not likely to get much out of it if you think only of what you can get. The law of conservation of energy in the universe says that you can transform the energies in your life from one form to another, but you cannot create them out of nothing. This influence represents a time when you should see whether you are doing that in your life.

Concretely, you can expect persons who are good for you to come into your life. Or circumstances will arise that give you increased freedom or an opportunity to do something that you have never done before. Educational opportunities may come to you at this time, or a chance to travel. Sometimes this influence does in fact bring about financial advantage, but you should not sit around passively waiting for it to happen. This is an excellent time to invest or expand in business as long as you are very careful not to overdo it or overextend yourself."

Maybe she will release WD today (monday)?

If I was her, I would

I played my bf Hayley Mary's triple j cover of Chemtrails cuz I enjoy it and it backfired and he said it's better than the OG and that it's too slow and now I'm distraught (crying Trisha Paytas gif)

I took a couple days off for COCC release, I'm so ready girls.. :angie::pray2:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

there's not an explicit version so i wonder if there's just no metadata showing one song or another being explicit or if this was her last album that's trying to fit into mainstream media more-- to be more radio or family friendly. and it makes me wonder if she's going to start writing the next album with less holdback again, similar to other albums shes made, since the QFTC. because to me, i was expecting the album to be explicit, and with knowing it's not, that doesn't mean she won't chronicle some of the submissive or abusive things she's been through, but i would think it would make her swear more like Cruel World. 

Also, what does that mean for drug references? Do drug references make songs explicit? Do they get those tags on iTunes? bc i could see the lines "it made me feel... made me feel like a god" being some sort of reference to Disco, "i am my only god goddamn" which she also mentions prostitution and those same lines could also reference some sort of drug

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

there's not an explicit version so i wonder if there's just no metadata showing one song or another being explicit or if this was her last album that's trying to fit into mainstream media more-- to be more radio or family friendly. and it makes me wonder if she's going to start writing the next album with less holdback again, similar to other albums shes made, since the QFTC. because to me, i was expecting the album to be explicit, and with knowing it's not, that doesn't mean she won't chronicle some of the submissive or abusive things she's been through, but i would think it would make her swear more like Cruel World. 

Also, what does that mean for drug references? Do drug references make songs explicit? Do they get those tags on iTunes? bc i could see the lines "it made me feel... made me feel like a god" being some sort of reference to Disco, "i am my only god goddamn" which she also mentions prostitution and those same lines could also reference some sort of drug

I honestly don't think this album will have her catering towards the mainstream media, like at all. I think it just happened to not be explicit, without any intention too. And Honeymoon only has one explicit song (High By The Beach) and its her most authentic, least mainstream album.

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

15 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I honestly don't think this album will have her catering towards the mainstream media, like at all. I think it just happened to not be explicit, without any intention too. And Honeymoon only has one explicit song (High By The Beach) and its her most authentic, least mainstream album.

even her explicit albums really don't have that many explicit songs... LFL and NFR have the most w 6, UV has 4, paradise has 3, BTD and HM have 1. also i can't remember but there's either no or very few explicit songs on AKA. so i'd agree that being less explicit doesn't mean being more mainstream or less authentic 

also i'm pretty sure florida kilos, which is just CHOCK full of non family friendly content, isn't explicit... so not being explicit doesn't necessarily mean she's family friendly :thumb:

sUcVobB.png

I said this before w more details but just got buried bc interview mag was a while back. but I think WD'll be how life muddled her and hopefully'll show some progression to washing the dress clean again. I really do see the cinderella connection behind it, except a lot more realistic and circumstantial. 

that being said I wonder if it'll sound similar to Yayo

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

even her explicit albums really don't have that many explicit songs... LFL and NFR have the most w 6, UV has 4, paradise has 3, BTD and HM have 1. also i can't remember but there's either no or very few explicit songs on AKA. so i'd agree that being less explicit doesn't mean being more mainstream or less authentic 

also i'm pretty sure florida kilos, which is just CHOCK full of non family friendly content, isn't explicit... so not being explicit doesn't necessarily mean she's family friendly :thumb:

The fact that Brooklyn Baby is one of the four explicit songs on UV when its one of the more friendlier songs on the album makes it clear, not explicit =/= mainstream/catering towards the gp :rip:

But yeah I wouldn't be worried about this album being "mainstream" especially when Lana stated that its a fight for her to listen to the album, Mojo magazine also calling it a personal album :gurl:

34h2wyS.gif

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺