Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I think I'm the only one who actually gets grey, silver, yellow, cream/beige, black, and white from the album. :thumb3: I do get a little green, too, though.
Not much red or blue.

I've caved in :smh: 

Spoiler

1. White Dress

The way she sings :legend: I must confess I cracked up at that "down at the mininihini business conference" part cause I wasn't expecting that change in the flow. That being said what a song 10/10.

2. Chemtrails 

Another 10/10 song, I'm still gonna replace the album version with the YouTube outro merged version because :$

3. Tulsa Jesus Freak/White Hot Forever

Bitch literally catechised me, probably my favourite song from the album and one of my favourites from her entire discography 11/10 :woot:

4. LMLYLAW 

Weak but still cute but still weak... Meh, I only really like the bridge. Could go without it but the album is already so short? I used to dislike it even more when it first came out so at least I could say it's a grower. Still 5/10 :bop:

5. Wild at Heart

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE. I might be going crazy but isn't it literally a Marine's + Love Song + Hope + LMLYLAW mashup??? Those are literally the songs I always skip from Norman + the weakest song from COCC. It's not a bad song but I've literally heard it all before and to me recycling melodies feels lazy. Please don't hate me 6/10.

6. DBJAG

THIS. THIS SONG. THE LYRICS. Holy shit I was immediately hooked. I also love the production of this song, it has the "new" factor Wild At Heart doesn't. Fuck 10/10.

7. Not All Who Wander

This song ended Taylor Swift's whole career. I was curious once and skimmed through evermore + folklore yada yada and it just felt boring and basic. NAWWAL probably sounds like what Taylor wishes she could. The wanderlust verse felt cheesy to me though like old days b&w travel nature blogs from tumblr. 9/10 :sluttybunny:

8. Yosemite

The Yosemite. Never understood the hype but now it feels deserved. It's like a folk version of Change. Maybe that's why she scrapped it from LFL (?), cause I honestly don't buy the "it was too happy for that album" story. It's not happy to me, it's haunting and bittersweet. 9/10 :worship:

9. BUS

Would rate it a 8/10 if it wasn't for Nikki Lame. Lana's harmonising is the prettiest thing I've ever heard. I just wish she was harmonising with her own different voice records. So... 6ish/10 :crai:

10. DTWD

I don't generally like name drops. Lyrics feel again cheesy. I really like this song though. It's like Ride and Tomorrow Never Came love child. Then the bridge is something else. It starts at 7/10 and ends at 8/10.

11. For Free

Better collab than the Nikki fiasco. Still... I would've preferred a Lana solo. And also... an original Lana song. But it's pretty 6.5/10 :noparty:

18 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

what we deserved :oprah3:

159989966_1970748506396265_1227806188755

I still want the pearlescent off white holographic HOT PEARLESCENT FOREVER N EVER AMEN :pray:
edit: wait why just wanderlust?

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I’d love a green vinyl in that shade and with Krug’s pictures on the cover, I didn’t really like the muted pastel green from Urban Outfitters.

I actually loved it. if we're even getting that exact shade. it reminds me of money w the bnw cover

UV/Honeymoon

wait a damn minute... 

Spoiler

the cameras are flashing they causing car crashes

is this a Diana reference omgggg? i really think it is except if i’m dumb and i am :sass:

also the bets are open ladies, i give it 2 weeks until a twitter hater or some blue haired lesbian who writes for the guardian calls her a white supremacist for saying white hot forever....

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

wait a damn minute... 

Reveal hidden contents

is this a Diana reference omgggg? i really think it is except if i’m dumb and i am :sass:

also the bets are open ladies, i give it 2 weeks until a twitter hater or some blue haired lesbian who writes for the guardian calls her a white supremacist for saying white hot forever....

That was also my first thought when hearing that line. I think it’s an interesting reference and I really like it. 

I’m also waiting for the backlash from white hot forever lol!

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

For people who want to use the alternate cover for iTunes, etc. -  since we don't have the actual alternate cover in HQ yet, I extracted the HQ untagged image from Neil's site and overlaid the logos where they should be! Feel free to use if you'd like! :party:

(Link to UHQ, uncompressed - https://ibb.co/vBgJNmQ

Omg you angel!! I spent way too much time looking for this without realizing it didn't exist LOL :toofloppy:

16 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:
  Hide contents

I think I'm the only one who actually gets grey, silver, yellow, cream/beige, black, and white from the album. :thumb3: I do get a little green, too, though.
Not much red or blue.

I get those colors too

I really love the atmosphere that the Neil cover evokes and I’m happy since some of you said that the album conveys those same vibes!
It gives me late afternoon during summer, right before a thunderstorm, when the grass smell intensifies and you can feel humidity and electrostaticity in the air... I love that feeling :xcry:

Lanarat.png

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

wait a damn minute... 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I SCREAMED

B40575-C4-2-E8-D-47-FB-B984-B6-BAF623-F6

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

For people who want to use the alternate cover for iTunes, etc. -  since we don't have the actual alternate cover in HQ yet, I extracted the HQ untagged image from Neil's site and overlaid the logos where they should be! Feel free to use if you'd like! :party:

phonto.jpg

Thank you angel :kiss2:

This is going straight to my iTunes library the second the album drops :hottie:

Lanarat.png

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg you angel!! I spent way too much time looking for this without realizing it didn't exist LOL :toofloppy:

:kiss:  I really wanted this one in HQ so I took it upon myself to make do with what we had LOL :toofloppy:

Just now, Fart Deco said:

Thank you angel :kiss2:

This is going straight to my iTunes library the second the album drops :hottie:

:kiss: of course! <3

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

phonto.jpg

You're doing gods work sweetie:kiss:

17 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

is this a Diana reference omgggg? i really think it is except if i’m dumb and i am

Spoiler

I think it is. I thought that immediately and it’s my favorite line from the song