Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

44 minutes ago, Dragon said:

edit: wait why just wanderlust?

nawaal was originally titled wanderlust and i think it suits the record more, chemtrails title makes literally no sense in the album context

13 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I really love the atmosphere that the Neil cover evokes and I’m happy since some of you said that the album conveys those same vibes!
It gives me late afternoon during summer, right before a thunderstorm, when the grass smell intensifies and you can feel humidity and electrostaticity in the air... I love that feeling :xcry:

It reminds me of the smell after it's just rained. I think it's called petrichor? It's kind of earthy and fresh because of the plant oils and chemicals in the soil being released.

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

For people who want to use the alternate cover for iTunes, etc. -  since we don't have the actual alternate cover in HQ yet, I extracted the HQ untagged image from Neil's site and overlaid the logos where they should be! Feel free to use if you'd like! :party:

(Link to UHQ, uncompressed - https://ibb.co/vBgJNmQ

phonto.jpg

Thank you so much!! ??

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Those of you who view Wild At Heart as some NFR! Frankenstein mashup are gonna have to break it all the way down for me, pls... because the only connection I'm making is the deliberate/obvious tie to How to Disappear.  :toofunny:

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

Those of you who view Wild At Heart as some NFR! Frankenstein mashup are gonna have to break it all the way down for me, pls... because the only connecting I'm making is the deliberate/obvious tie to How to Disappear.  

:toofunny:

Spoiler

that's pretty much all it is for me, but it's very on the nose to the point that it sounds like they just put the HTD instrumental over the song, still a nice song but it does feel lazy and sloppy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

5 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

It reminds me of the smell after it's just rained. I think it's called petrichor? It's kind of earthy and fresh because of the plant oils and chemicals in the soil being released.

Yeah it is! That’s one of my fave word (and smell) :xgiggle:

Lanarat.png

Remember how we were manifesting some camp, over the top aesthetic, especially for the album cover, because of "Country Club" in the title? Only the cocc mv came close to that.

Also I love the aesthetic of the exclusive cover. It gives me some "pov: you're walking in moors at 4am surrounded by fog banks, getting wet because of dew" vibes

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

7 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:
  Hide contents

Those of you who view Wild At Heart as some NFR! Frankenstein mashup are gonna have to break it all the way down for me, pls... because the only connection I'm making is the deliberate/obvious tie to How to Disappear.  :toofunny:

Spoiler

During the pre-chorus when she says “And if I had to do it all again I would because...” it sounds like “it all comes down to make the sound of our love song”

When she says “I left Calabasas, escaped all the ashes” it sounds like the verses in Hope (for example “I was reading Slim Aarons and I got to thinking that I thought”)

11 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

when the chorus hits the cord progression(?) or the melody in which she sings the lyrics is very similar to hope. “I’ve had fifteen year dances, church basement romances” = “I left Calabasas, escaped all the ashes, ran into the dark”

When she says “Again, I would because...” its similar to Love Song, more specifically the part where she says “It all comes down to make...” 

and of course the exact same instrumental of htd in the chorus.

Just a random thought because I remember some people wondering why she changed Wanderlust to NAWWAL. It might be because she's friends with Abel and he already has a song called wanderlust. It's probably just to make it fit the album better though