Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

lana.lnk.to/whitedressvideo 

Omg yay! Thank you! Does anyone think a Monday release is possible to celebrate album release week, or do you think it will for sure drop with the album...

1 hour ago, electra said:

Hide contents

i've been wearing the same damn clothes for three damn days >:^(

Those jeans shorts... :lel:

Just now, rightofjupiter said:

i am more excited for BTIG than ever– wondering if it'll tie in closely to COOC like Violet did with NFR. and hope we get it this year! which i think is likely (or early '22) given that she's busy doing edits now.

Same.  I’m really looking forward to it! I think it probably will pair nicely just how violet did.  I’m kind of hoping if it will have that interview mag energy. Like where did that come from, maybe Iron Gates. I’m low key wondering though if we will just get the book or another audio book/album since her and Jack hadn’t been able to really connect. I know it can all be done electronically but still just kind of makes me wonder what formats it will be. 

we should also be expecting an in-depth interview on COCC on release day as she’s done that for both LFL and NFRs releases 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

2 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

So if white dress won’t be released today

when shes gunna do it?? After the release day? Is that even okay I cant remember her previous eras

Next week with the album. When an artist release an album, usually comes with a high budget MV, in this case White Dress

Hd7c-1.gif

Lately i've been able to enjoy LMLYLAW a lot more! When it first got released i was kinda mad because i thought it sounded like Gaga's Million Reasons (which i hate) and reminded me of that horrible song from Niall Horan called Slow Hands lol :horror2: But now i made peace with this girl and can kinda appreciate it. Sure, it's not the best song nor my favorite but at least i don't hate it as much as i used to anymore

5 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

Lately i've been able to enjoy LMLYLAW a lot more! When it first got released i was kinda mad because i thought it sounded like Gaga's Million Reasons (which i hate) and reminded me of that horrible song from Niall Horan called Slow Hands lol :horror2: But now i made peace with this girl and can kinda appreciate it. Sure, it's not the best song nor my favorite but at least i don't hate it as much as i used to anymore

not million reasons sdjkfhsd

i......bow down.....to pray. truly ear torture.

so glad our talented queen could never make something so putrid even if she actively tried

Spoiler

Probably getting ahead of myself but I hope in this magazine she mentions where she's going next with her music so we know she's not quitting lol. She may take a longer break this time but who knows

It's not necessarily a bad album, just not all that and it's definitely the weakest one yet. Some of the songs are okay at best and it's all downhill with the exception of Yosemite which would've been perfect on LFL. Honestly I think it would be good for her to take a few years off from recording material or at least work with another producer but hey we know that ain't happening. Each Jack Antonoff produced track is just a copy of its predecessor and Jack honey, your printer is running out of ink.

Also I do not understand how the official cover fits the record at all. Thank god we have the alternative one which I guess I'll have to get from Fnac.

Spoiler

it feels a lot more sincere, mature, and raw. less opulent, but still magical nonetheless. suuuuuuch a SMOOTH listen. laid down hillside after the rain dried up on the grass. 
favorites: WD, WAH, Wander, DTWD, Dark, n of course the singles n TJF

WD: transports me to a misty forest. perfect w the alt cover. this actually made me cry for multiple reasons. such a complex song sung out simply. this might be my favorite song of hers, ever. it's so strangely enough detoxifying it's perfect at least for me. but objectively, it one of the smoothest tracks she's ever released. 
Chemtrails: transition to the title track which, so godly. so enchanting. haunting. if it doesn't pull you in, you're not listening to it right. 
TJF: her sexiest filler, maybe- interlude of a track. unapologetically playful. the production's swimmingly great, and meshes well w how quietly bold it is. 
Woman: that song's something iconic on a windy day. pre-posts. 
Wild at heart: so incredibly sweet. so endearing, so calming. the HTD sample works well, if I didn't know better, this jived a lot more natural than the former. the transition from the sweet vocals to the chorus/post. -- it flows so well structurally. it's got a good soundscape and is generous w it's melody. to even up thru the OUTRO. this song performs. brooklyn baby 2.0 w a country/old soft rock twang

Dark but just a game: sweet oh what whatever baby ~ the mmmhmmm mmmmhmmm grunts are something else. it's got a really sensual beat but then for me, recedes to the beatles rem. sound mixed w The Office's show intro-esque piano. I appreciate how it rolls, but the disconnect sorta reminds me of a cooking pot being opened and closed where the steam builds but then it's aired out not thru whistle but by taking the lid off. if she sang in a higher register here n there, I think it would've sounded more meshed w the title of song. I'm not sure what to think about this one still. wait. this song's genius. it's real sly. 

Wander: Pristine. like tiptoeing on giant lily pads. so naturally serene and lighthearted. nothing on it feels forced, such a great blend of sound and vibes. like spending a day out by a lake or river. 
Yosemite: very strong instrumentation. it's carefully. suspiciously optimistic. gives me banana pancakes vibes w macadamia nuts. wish it exploded unexpectedly. 
BUS: fits so well w the album. like the drama, n actually wanted niki on the track before the leak so, happy about that. their voices go well together, and it strengthens the song. surprised that I love the song a lot more than expected. 
Dancing Til We Die: Hope she goes more towards this sound for the next potential record whenever that might happen. gets a little Elton John on that bridge which I LOVE. very beautiful instrumentation. the twangs. Jack did great on here especially. 
For Free: heard her sing this live and I can't get the imagery out of my head when she sings, which, is great bc it works well. she sounds like she's having so much fun singing this song. makes me happy for her. 

I know the collabs were something she really enjoyed, like a good sisterhood or something. 

this album makes me feel at ease. I think it'll really establish her way to being one of the greats that the rest of the world will actually realize. once again, she's ahead of her peers in the spotlight. I don't think anyone really does it like her. which makes me even more proud. such a jewel. 

what it feels like w this record is that she's happy. she's better realized what's really important to her, and there's still a playful carefree approach to life, while still not discounting the downs that she's experienced. with how it makes me feel? this might be my favorite album of hers. the opulence and past danger can't touch this album's serenity. it strips a lot off her past music, which in a way makes me sad, but at the same time, the growth I got to learn through her music, I knew it had to happen and I'm glad that it might be for her, bc in my own personal way, I've grown thru it while listening. 

it's sparklingly mature and refined. 

BTD's hardship, paradise's languid despair, UV's rage, HM's mystique, LFL's call towards love, NFR's tragedies, all pressurized into this rustic diamond record. and it's incredibly clear n shining. 

love that it's being released during Pisces season. (COCC's a Pisces, sweet :slay::kiss2:) love the wd fanfare around my birthday. september was a huge letdown, but the trail towards march n next week. 2 videos. 2 now 3 magazines. 2 excellent covers. an excellent way of opening the year. which lemme compliment myself, was something I already personally knew, so the wait was sweet. 

this makes me so excited for the next record on where she might go. this album's less tethered and a lot more heavenly. u guys need to get on the LMYLAW train. she's the key to this record imo. 

edit: oh shit, almost forgot @Pico Boulevard

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, Lustformoney said:

only people with three digit iq stan Cocc since the beggining:oprah3: i know that in 5 years haters r gonna be begging for Lana to came back to this sound just like with honeymoon

PERIODT!!!:bye::gurl: