Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

If they just did the album photoshoot like a week ago wouldn't they need months to prepare/manufacture the physical CDs? Unless she releases before Billboard's new rules she'll have to have the physical CDs shipped within the first week and I bet her team relies on physical sales more than streaming so... I'm guessing an early 2021 release tbh. Once she said Sept 5th (which isn't even a normal release day) I knew she was just talking shit lol.

22 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

If they just did the album photoshoot like a week ago wouldn't they need months to prepare/manufacture the physical CDs? Unless she releases before Billboard's new rules she'll have to have the physical CDs shipped within the first week and I bet her team relies on physical sales more than streaming so... I'm guessing an early 2021 release tbh. Once she said Sept 5th (which isn't even a normal release day) I knew she was just talking shit lol.

Maybe seeing the huge critical acclaim of NFR which btw is still doing great on streaming (by her standard) even if it didn’t go #1, the label gave her the green light to what seems a vanity project (kinda like HM was) and they’re not aiming to commercial and chart success, so COCC will be released on digital format only and then physically... she seems to have a huge ascendent on her label, it wouldn’t surprise me if they had reached this sort of agreement  :smokes:

+ in the current situation many artists are opting for a digital release

Lanarat.png

10 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

perhaps hopeful thinking but afaik doing physical releases isn't a major thing with many artists with the way the world is right now (considering Violet hasn't gotten a physical release yet). 

sgopYhV.gif

i don't know how many times it has to be said: she can do an album cover shoot THE DAY BEFORE the album comes out, and it could still come out on time. look at charli xcx's latest album. she was still finishing songs DAYS before the album was released and it still came out. she's probably not opting for an immediate physical release. plus, we don't even know if she was shooting an album cover in the first place. :toofunny: the only reason we have right now to stress is that the album is two weeks away and we've heard close to nothing from her and her team. however, if anything i take this as a good thing because if it was gonna knowingly be delayed, I'm almost positive we'd hear from them about it. with violet, the only reason we didn't hear about it being delayed till the last minute was because Chuck's shit got stolen, which was an unforseen event. she's coming and i have faith that it'll come when she said it would come.

giphy.gif

nicki minaj finished her last album ~10 hours before it dropped. it absolutely can be done.

BUT lana is an old-fashioned weirdo who insists on doing something with vinyl (idk i don't understand it) and apparently that takes 3 months to finalize before she can actually release anything

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

we don't even know if she was shooting an album cover in the first place. :toofunny:

This. 

I think that the cover was already shot and they were shooting for an editorial :smokes3:

Lanarat.png

7 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

i don't know how many times it has to be said: she can do an album cover shoot THE DAY BEFORE the album comes out, and it could still come out on time. look at charli xcx's latest album. she was still finishing songs DAYS before the album was released and it still came out. she's probably not opting for an immediate physical release. plus, we don't even know if she was shooting an album cover in the first place. :toofunny: the only reason we have right now to stress is that the album is two weeks away and we've heard close to nothing from her and her team. however, if anything i take this as a good thing because if it was gonna knowingly be delayed, I'm almost positive we'd hear from them about it. with violet, the only reason we didn't hear about it being delayed till the last minute was because Chuck's shit got stolen, which was an unforseen event. she's coming and i have faith that it'll come when she said it would come.

Chunk**

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

honestly i feel like the album is done and has BEEN done for months. she just wanted to opt for a more quiet release this time around. wish she didn't even announce it, but no use in complaining about what's passed honestly. if it doesn't come out on September 5th, it'll come out later and we'll have to deal with it. it'll suck, sure. but it won't be the end of the world and there'll be no use in blaming her for it as i doubt she *wants* it to come out later than the date she announced it.

giphy.gif

Does anyone here remember when she did a livestream during LFL era, when she was editing the booklet? When was that happening? I’m thinking June, but I’m not sure... The « 90 days » rule might be for the music for the physical press, then the rest (booklet and cover) can be a little later?!? I have no idea how this is done, honestly. 
anyways, I’m thinking the digital release first, then physical copies. And is there an artist, in 2020, that released a CD or vinyl the exact same day the album was out on streaming? 

2 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

off topic but i really hope there's echoes of taylor swift's folklore on cocc.

no thank you

10spUaVqE3SjKg.gif

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

I’d love a long song with lots of progression à la Venice Bitch. Maybe not that long, but a long track with a great musical development would be heaven. 

the first time I heard VB, I thought Jack was God.