Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

14 hours ago, your dealer said:

Chemtrails gets so much unnecessary criticism. 

This album is like walking outside on a crisp Autumn morning and the sun is shining through the leaves and you see one of your favorite people and they give you a big long hug.

There's so much comfort, beauty, and vulnerability in this album. The song writing is so delicate and thoughtful. Her voice is so clear and intentional with every note she sings. 

I feel like I've always known this album, like it has always existed and whenever I listen to it it's like visiting a nostalgic place I haven't been to in a long time. This album reminds me of a lot of really good times in my life. Sunny days, friends laughing, dancing, skating, eating, drinking, loving. A long drive by yourself on a windy road with a tunnel of trees and you get to that open spot with the beautiful view of rolling hills and mountains. 

Yes! Love this.

We're so spoiled and lucky to be getting a brand new album in October, because that's the time of year I think Chemtrails will really blossom as well. It's always felt like a fall album to me, as opposed to a winter/spring album.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, ultrababy said:

Chemtrails is her worst album to date. I just don’t feel the need to listen to it anymore. It almost feels like a fever dream :eartha::eartha2:

Im praying for u kathi- you and that disgusting taste of yours

It’s literally a perfect album. But its okay. Most of y’all are following sheep. Y’all hated HM at first too. I’ll see you all in 3 years when you realize this is her magnus opus and the best 11 songs of her whole career are the tracks of this album. Her Rumors

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I can't wait to listen to Chemtrails during the days leading up to Blue Banisters. Like mentioned before, it really does seem like a perfect Fall album. My top 3:

Chemtrails over the Country Club

White Dress

Not All Who Wander are Lost 

:wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's a tragedy Dance Till We Die will never have a music video :trisha:

Anyways my top 5 are, in alphabetical order:

Chemtrails, Dance Till We Die, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemititty, White Dress

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

my top 3 :

dark but just a game (one of the most iconic LDR track)
chemtrails (the beauty of the melody, the climax, the ending, a masterpiece)
breaking up slowly (the warmness of its sound is so deep I could dive into it everyday)

My fave Lana album for now. Even if Honeymoon was my fave for years, Chemtrails resonates so much with what I'm living in my present.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

This is such a grower in autumn. And it’s quite telling for me that the tracks I immediately gravitated towards when it got “released” (:blush3:) in the wake of spring were NAWWAL, DBJAG, Wild At Heart and Tulsa… but now that us North Hemisphere bitches are experiencing the early stages of autumn, this album sticks a much stronger landing: White Dress, Chemtrails, Breaking Up Slowly, Dance Till We Die and even Let Me Love You Like a Woman’s contemplative natures pack a much bigger impact as the leaves are falling and the light has more shades of orange and brown; listening to the whole album from start to finish as I left early from home to go to work and saw the melancholy of the streets of Lisbon waking up… whew! an experience.

IMG-7960.jpg

5 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Imagine if the music video starred everyone mentioned in it….ugh the way we lost

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

5 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

the only way that it wouldn't be tragic is if it looked like this

madonna-dont-tell-me.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

White dress is one of her best openers and one of her best tracks PERIOD

her writing on that song is amazing and her delivery is :trisha:

Seeing the seasons come and go and watching the leaves change while Not all those

who wander and Yosemite play has been a highlight

I loved the album when it came out but now I’m definitely IN love with it

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

7 hours ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

:true:  taste

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

this era will always be so iconic to me. after she announced it during QFTC we didnt hear really a peep about it again all summer, which left us to speculate like crazy. Something about that August-November was sooooo enchanting to me, knowing a new lana record was looming in the unforeseeable future, the pandemic going on with no end in sight, the endless speculation, the random photoshoots and glam looks lana would post, and TJF snippet and the on set for the title track video of Lana feeding us some crumbs...ugh so good

also when the snippet of LMLYLAW leaked then the song was announced and released (still think it was a poor choice to release that specific song before the album, it would be like if she released Love Song as our first taste of NFR) and everyone was sort of off put by its simplicity, then in december when we got the Chemtrails teaser and everyone flipped out

this era was so simple yet had so much hype since it was coming off the heals of NFR, it made for a very unique era to say the least