Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

But honestly regardless of it it was BB/Arcadia/RCS they all would have been her weakest album title. None of them are really that interesting as titles to me 

I agree. Her first album titles were so simple yet filled with ways to interpret them. BTD - it’s a fact that we’ll all die one day, is it a yolo name or a more melancholic meaning to it? Paradise - religious undertones etc. Honeymoon - something romantic and sweet, but knowing Lana, it doesn’t have to be.

Then we got Norman and we were all “huh??” because no one really got it, and then Chemtrails was another long title so many speculated was tied to conspiracy theories (turned out not to be linked to that at all).

To me, Blue Banisters is a meh album title. I never liked Rock Candy Sweet either. Arcadia... eh. I don’t know. If it’s a special place Lana likes to visit, I can buy it, but the word itself has no meaning to me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

11 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I don’t mind that it’s not the title cause that means we get that iconic blue banisters album cover and not some changed mess

But honestly regardless of it it was BB/Arcadia/RCS they all would have been her weakest album title. None of them are really that interesting as titles to me 

Remember when she said NFR was Best American Record? That should've stayed as the title but NFR grew on me as a title a lot

I'm so glad that the album name is still Blue Banisters just because no matter what, that album cover she posted will always be accurate even if she changes it (and then I can use the cover with the dogs if/as needed)  :dance:

imageproxy.jpg

:crossed:

blue banisters is such an ugly album title i am so sorry 

i really had faith that she changed it :toofunny:

and the cover is beautiful but like… with the words on the border it could be changed to literally anything so i do not see the cover as a valid reason for being glad it’s still called bb Ɛ> lmaoo

I love the cover for Blue Bannisters so much so I'm very happy it is staying... it's just so dreamy and magic and beautiful... hell, the album isn't even out or finished so lets not judge...

think about Kate Bush's "Hounds Of Love" ... most people know "running up that hill" & "cloudbusting" - not the title track. 

14 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Remember when she said NFR was Best American Record? That should've stayed as the title but NFR grew on me as a title a lot

I thought Best American Record was the og name for LFL?

Arcadia is beautiful but I also love Blue Banisters as an album title. It's so random and seems to mean nothing at first, but once you know what it means it holds so much power. A title that only Lana could pull off and continues the tradition of the last three albums having bizarre titles that are open to interpretation, but all so memorable in their own ways.

Spoiler

Chemtrails over the Country Club being the best of all her titles, and one of the best album titles of all time :oprah3:

35 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I can’t believe the album is called Blue Banisters and Blue Banisters is a title track. It’s a nice cute song but it’s not title track material 

I don’t wanna double post but I gave a short argument on why it’s the perfect song to be the title track on page 1419. Basically, the song portrays the pain, the sadness, the doubt, how hard it is to let go, and ultimately the healing thanks to the support of her friends and relatives. These are all the themes that will most likely be explored in the album. Her talking about her friends and family in her music is the logical continuation of Chemtrails, and there’s an emphasis on how much they help her to rebuild herself, changing the colour of her world after it being blue for so many years. It’s one of the most important tracks she’s ever released lyrically, like hope is a dangerous thing. That’s also why I personally believe that BB will be the last song on the album, but we’ll see when Lana reveals the tracklist.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

19 minutes ago, KingJay said:

I thought Best American Record was the og name for LFL?

No. The song BAR was originally titled Architecture during the L4L sessions but left it and Yosemite off L4L. Architecture leaked before we got an announcement for the next album (shortly after L4L actually) then titled Best American Record, later changed to NFR. She then reworked and rewrote Architecture as The Next Best American Record for NFR. (I prefer Architecture over TNBAR)

7 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I don’t wanna double post but I gave a short argument on why it’s the perfect song to be the title track on page 1419. Basically, the song portrays the pain, the sadness, the doubt, how hard it is to let go, and ultimately the healing thanks to the support of her friends and relatives. These are all the themes that will most likely be explored in the album. Her talking about her friends and family in her music is the logical continuation of Chemtrails, and there’s an emphasis on how much they help her to rebuild herself, changing the colour of her world after it being blue for so many years. It’s one of the most important tracks she’s ever released lyrically, like hope is a dangerous thing. That’s also why I personally believe that BB will be the last song on the album, but we’ll see when Lana reveals the tracklist.

Tbh id like to see BB the opener ?

Eww we lost, Blue Banisters is such a meh title to me & her worst album title & the track itself  it's a good song & I like it but  her other title tracks feel more title track worthy somehow , I truly hoped she changed it :trisha: 

And I hope Lana breaks her pattern & BB won't be track 1, I can't see that song as the opener,  it starts so suddenly  & the outro is haunting but I feel like it would be nice as a closer or somewhere placed towards the end of the album.

Ngl with Blue Banisters being the title (again) I'm not that hyped anymore bc like I said the title is meh & it's such a bummer cause the album cover is so gorgeous & an absolute serve, it deserves a better title 

Love Arcadia as a title & hopefully  we get the new single within the next few days 

Still praying that  Dealer is on the album :illumilana:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, StillOnMyMind said:

I don’t think it’s coming tomorrow but I hope it comes next week. The soonish thing happened like 1000 years ago and still nothing.

Next week we should check Shazam regularly, if it pops up it means it’s coming that week 100%.

Gentle reminder that Yes to Heaven was Shazamed AND we didn't get it on Chemtrails (the immediate album release after we found YTH in Shazam) :coffee:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

17 minutes ago, The Siren said:

No. The song BAR was originally titled Architecture during the L4L sessions but left it and Yosemite off L4L. Architecture leaked before we got an announcement for the next album (shortly after L4L actually) then titled Best American Record, later changed to NFR. She then reworked and rewrote Architecture as The Next Best American Record for NFR. (I prefer Architecture over TNBAR)

nah i’m 99.9% sure it was l4l that was allegedly titled best american record or whatever, just because it was originally called architecture doesn’t mean she couldnt use it’s lyrics for the album title (i mean, she originally titled bb rock candy sweet, which were lyrics of loved u then and now sooo)

1 minute ago, brandon said:

nah i’m 99.9% sure it was l4l that was allegedly titled best american record or whatever, just because it was originally called architecture doesn’t mean she could use it’s lyrics for the album title (i mean, she originally titled bb rock candy sweet, which were lyrics of loved u then and now sooo)

I'm 100% positive I'm correct. The song leaked before the video for White Mustang came out cos that video was filmed for BAR but she changed it last minute to WM. I assume that it would've served as the lead for the next album had she went with BAR. I'll try to find the correct thread I saw the info on. But it's on fotp. 

https://fotpforums.com/forum/124-lana-del-rey/

I lowkey think BB as the opener would be cool due to the fact it’s so different from her other openers which usually have a bit of a meandering instrumental intro setting the tone of the album 

If all of these songs follow the same poetry style of writing with less typical structures it would be a nice change to have the first song throw you right into that