Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I'm 100% positive I'm correct. The song leaked before the video for White Mustang came out cos that video was filmed for BAR but she changed it last minute to WM. I assume that it would've served as the lead for the next album had she went with BAR. I'll try to find the correct thread I saw the info on. But it's on fotp. 

https://fotpforums.com/forum/124-lana-del-rey/

?? the bar video was meant for bar… before it was scrapped from l4l, it wasn’t meant for the next album lol. even lana said tnbar was *supposed* to be on l4l. it’s pretty obvious i mean it fits the futuristic retro vibe of lfl perfectly (like the love video, or the album trailer). 

it was just an expensive video and her label didn’t want her scrapping it lmao. if it really *was* for the next album, she would’ve kept it for when the song was actually released 

just because someone said it on a forum doesn’t mean it’s true :toofunny: it was probs just someone speculating 

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I'm 100% positive I'm correct. The song leaked before the video for White Mustang came out cos that video was filmed for BAR but she changed it last minute to WM. I assume that it would've served as the lead for the next album had she went with BAR. I'll try to find the correct thread I saw the info on. But it's on fotp. 

https://fotpforums.com/forum/124-lana-del-rey/

BAR/Architecture leaked like 10 days after the Love single was released, before we knew anything about LFL. 

Also Eclipse said Lana told him BAR was the title track. Would he lie? :oprah3:

Anyway, Blue Banisters definitely will be her worst album title. It doesn't have that magical, cinematic feeling to it. :noparty:Oh well, as long as the music's good!

Blue Banisters album title who??? Don't know her :sadcore4:

In my mind the album is titled Arcadia :oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I love Blue Banisters (both song and title). Even though it might be too abrupt compared with her other title tracks, I think it could still fit. Also I think it really fits the themes/sound as the album title.

idk but i love the way "blue banisters" sounds, purely sonically, maybe just because i'm a non native speaker. reminds me of some old hollywood movies for some reason. and i 100% agree with @FallingCherry - it may seem too simple and meaningless at first but once you read into lyrics (and that's exactly what lana wants us to) you get the whole symbolism behind it

and since lana likes the color blue so much i'm glad she's finally using it in a title:flutter:

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

?? the bar video was meant for bar… before it was scrapped from l4l, it wasn’t meant for the next album lol. even lana said tnbar was *supposed* to be on l4l. it’s pretty obvious i mean it fits the futuristic retro vibe of lfl perfectly (like the love video, or the album trailer). 

it was just an expensive video and her label didn’t want her scrapping it lmao. if it really *was* for the next album, she would’ve kept it for when the song was actually released 

just because someone said it on a forum doesn’t mean it’s true :toofunny: it was probs just someone speculating 

8 minutes ago, sweetie said:

BAR/Architecture leaked like 10 days after the Love single was released, before we knew anything about LFL. 

Also Eclipse said Lana told him BAR was the title track. Would he lie? :oprah3:

Anyway, Blue Banisters definitely will be her worst album title. It doesn't have that magical, cinematic feeling to it. :noparty:Oh well, as long as the music's good!

Yeah you're right ?

https://fotpforums.com/topic/133670-lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-july-21st-2017/page/3/

Why the hell am I losing my mind already. ?

Said he come back every mayyyyyyy

just to help me if I paint

my Banisters blue…

Blue banisters, zoooooooo

FU K IDK WHY YALL ARE SAYING THIS AONG IS MEH Ouff I’m so excited to see the track lists I love all the titles we have so far for the songs

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

EXCLUSIVE

Arcadia is produced by Blessed Madonna 

horses noises, nikkie lane laughing and jennie farting are some sounds that can be heard on the song! 

Excited 

original.gif

While I think that Blue Banisters as a title is neither objectively bad nor good, it’s definitely distinct from her past few records

For me, Blue Banisters feels way more tangible and specific, whereas her past records typically just evoke a specific mood or atmosphere (Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, etc.).

I think that Blue Banisters will make more sense as she unfolds how the symbolism is pertinent to the record, but it’s really difficult to tell. Maybe the entire record is highly centered around her past hurt and how she’s healing from it by repainting her banisters? But what’s the significance of the colors? Idk lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

While I think that Blue Banisters as a title is neither objectively bad nor good, it’s definitely distinct from her past few records

For me, Blue Banisters feels way more tangible and specific, whereas her past records typically just evoke a specific mood or atmosphere (Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, etc.).

yeah i think that’s my main issue with it - usually her titles evoke such stark beautiful imagery and bb just really doesn’t do that for me.

although i will say i’m v excited to see how it unfolds and ties in with the music/videos (if we get any :toofunny:)

Just now, brandon said:

yeah i think that’s my main issue with it - usually her titles evoke such stark beautiful imagery and bb just really doesn’t do that for me.

When I hear the title, I immediately imagine something like this, and it’s not exactly the most…exciting visual. 
Lz49yKo.jpg

Then again, maybe Blue Banisters as a title is indicative of something akin to a concept album where the banisters are a stable & central theme throughout (which is honestly

pretty cool). 

I’m pretty neutral about the title, but in my subjective opinion, I think a record named Arcadia would be really neat:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I don't love the title or hate the title (I really just wanted it for that album cover :smile:), but I can definitely see why she picked it to be the title track considering the themes present in the song and all of the personal references. 

imageproxy.jpg

Also random but so far this record is giving me major Fine China Heroin x Yayo HIADT…BIHI vibes

Sylvia Plath