Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

????????no

?maybe BTD yes. But every other album..omg. the closers and final tracks are so beautiful 

did i say they weren’t beautiful ? i said they are just mostly weaker compared to the rest of the album. and majority of them are covers anyway and not really closing material either. 

No tracklisting. There's "a bit more" than 11 songs on the album, whatever that means, guessing 13-14?

I'm just hoping that he;s giving us info because an announcement/pre-order or something is on the way soon.

13 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I haven’t really followed (as always :facepalm:) so can someone recap what BOZ said please? There are 6 outtakes on BB, and the album is 11 tracks long?

I’ll update you with what I know, but I have left for a couple of hours…

BB has more than 11 tracks;

there are six outtakes from previous projects (one of them has Barrie in the credits). It’s unclear if all of these songs have leaked before or just a couple of them.

he said it was coming 100% sure before end of year, to give her a couple of weeks. It’s unclear if it means that Arcadia is coming in a couple of weeks or before.

he added that Fine China was apparently on the original tracklist but got tossed aside. 
there is a lot of piano on the album. He doesn’t seem to be in love with it but he hasn’t loved any of her album since God knows when. 
best part was when Eclipse got on ATRL and said he loved BB, although he doesn’t seem to have heard it in full. 

15 minutes ago, TangerineDreams said:

BoZ :

Wait… So we’ll get 6 songs on the album (or 5 excluding Dealer) that were leaked in the past?? Why though… We’ll know so much of the album when it’s released :ohno:

Why doesn’t she simply release the unreleased collection she talked about in 2017? I’m not against Lana putting previously unreleased and leaked tracks on her albums, I absolutely loved the inclusion of TNBAR on NFR, but 5 or 6 songs is a bit too much… I wouldn’t mind if they were tracks we’ve never heard before, but I just don’t see the point in putting 5 or 6 leaked songs on a new album instead of just keeping them on the side for the unreleased collection she’s been wanting to release for years. Unless BOZ chose his words poorly and didn’t mean leaked songs but simply unreleased ones that we’ve never heard

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think that main thing I'm looking forward to now is seeing what she did pick for the album and seeing how each song correlates - especially with songs we do know already and have possibly been reworked 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’ll update you with what I know, but I have left for a couple of hours…

BB has more than 11 tracks;

there are six outtakes from previous projects (one of them has Barrie in the credits). It’s unclear if all of these songs have leaked before or just a couple of them.

he said it was coming 100% sure before end of year, to give her a couple of weeks. It’s unclear if it means that Arcadia is coming in a couple of weeks or before.

he added that Fine China was apparently on the original tracklist but got tossed aside. 
there is a lot of piano on the album. He doesn’t seem to be in love with it but he hasn’t loved any of her album since God knows when. 
best part was when Eclipse got on ATRL and said he loved BB, although he doesn’t seem to have heard it in full. 

Thank you so much! I just posted that I think it’d be pretty sad if they were 6 songs we already heard because they were leaked, but apparently we don’t really know if they were really leaked or just unreleased so I guess we’ll have to wait and see, unless BOZ clarifies what he really meant 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

He clarified he didn't actually know if all 6 were "outtakes"/old songs or not. And the only actual ones we know are on the album are Thunder and Cherry Blossom.

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

This is a classic lana problem. All of her albums always start extremely strong with the best tracks are being in the first half of the album, the middle being softer/slower and the end being usually a lot less strong than the beginning. She’s clearly just not that good at making good tracklists, most of her closings are usually either skips or weaker compared to the beginning of the album. She usually keeps at least one banger for the second half/ending tho which i really love (black beauty, heroin, the greatest, the blackest day etc) but she should start ending her albums with a real climactic BANG and not by letting them slowly fizzle themselves out. 

Cocc is even worse because it’s just so short and the last 3 tracks are 2 snoozefests and a skip. The album peaks with yosemite and after that it’s practically over which makes the album feel like a tiny EP with little to no real climax. 

See! You got what I was saying! I'm not saying Chemtrails was bad, just that it could have been better if the tracklist was placed different.

Like, imagine White Dress as a closer? :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Okay I've just caught up on this thread and I wanted to note on this - 

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Ok so Cherry Blossom… and what about its sister track Wild On You / Colour Blue?!??! 

I feel like this may be a possibility? BoZ noted that there's also a Barrie outtake on the record, and Barrie was present at the recording studio when Cherry Blossom & Colour Blue were originally recorded. Since not much is known about Colour Blue, even its title, perhaps Barrie had credits on that song that we didn't know about? BoZ added that the outtake was one we hadn't heard before, but perhaps he only knows the title of it rather than having listened to it, and since we don't know the true title of Colour Blue, perhaps that could be it? Just theorising.

51399864081_1d20890bb1.jpg

(also, I'm going to move out some of the drama that happened earlier out of this thread, so if you see the page number decrease that's why)

xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Wait… So we’ll get 6 songs on the album (or 5 excluding Dealer) that were leaked in the past?? Why though… We’ll know so much of the album when it’s released :ohno:

Why doesn’t she simply released the unreleased collection she talked about in 2017? I’m not against Lana putting previously unreleased and leaked tracks on her albums, I absolutely loved the inclusion of TNBAR on NFR, but 5 or 6 songs is a bit too much… I wouldn’t mind if they were tracks we’ve never heard before, but I just don’t see the point in putting 5 or 6 leaked songs on a new album instead of just keeping them on the side for the unreleased collection she’s been wanting to release for years. Unless BOZ chose his words poorly and didn’t mean leaked songs but simply unreleased ones that we’ve never heard

From what he said, the outtakes were unfinished demos or unheard scrapped songs. I wonder it includes Thunder and Cherry Blossom since they leaked.

Okay, but hear me out. Living Legend on BB? :dua:

It's personal, a cute piano ballad AND it doesn't need any other instrument, Lana is slaying with her voice only (especially the bridge! No need for an actual guitar) :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

I strongly recommend the "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" approach when it comes to Lana's album announcements. We've known for years that she gets excited and gives false info way too early, so I'm honestly surprised that some of you still hold onto these announcements and get so upset with her when they don't come true. The fact is we're getting two albums this year, which is mind-blowing. And let's be real, we all love the chaos of LanaBoards or we wouldn't be here. If Lana didn't give us false info this place would be a ghost town for two year stretches while we wait, but instead we get to be excited (lose our minds) together. :ma:

EXACTLY!!!!! and i've said this before the only reason why people in here were believing that july 4th date is because BOZ said that MAYBE it would happen.