Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

This is completely presumptuous of me based on the info we've gotten, but...

The only thing that's a little weird to me about any of it is including *actual recordings* from, say, 2014-2016 on an album released in 2021. I sort of feel like if you're going to repurpose old songs (which isn't an issue at all to me), you should at least re-record them to make them fit the overall sound/production of the album. I'm not sure anyone could tell with Yosemite, but it was sort of weird to me, knowing that recording was from years earlier.

I just hope it all makes sense when we hear the album as a whole. I trust Lana, though. And fans listening to unauthorized leaks isn't her problem, either. If she thinks an older unreleased song fits the album's vibe, it's her creative decision.

Lana’s voice hasn’t changed too much since 2016, so it wasn’t really noticeable with Yosemite on Chemtrails, but her tone was kinda changing a lot every year before 2015, her old vocals sounded way different than her current tone and I agree that it would be really weird to have songs like the original Cherry Blossom recorded in 2013 on a 2021 album. Just like with Yosemite, it wouldn’t really be noticeable with songs like Thunder that were recorded more "recently"

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Blue Banisters is going to be a deeply emotional and revealing journey through Lana's life, culminating with Wild On You/Colour Blue ending the album with once I found my way, now I am lost... which then leads us to a delirious Mike Dean produced masterpiece where all bets are off :legend:

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

People talking what Fine China feels probaly forget how Yes To Heaven feels about being scrapped for 3 albums in row.

Bah out of the two, Fine China has superior storytelling. It’s the ending of FC that could be reworked a bit (sounds way too much like Vagina)

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

Blue Banisters is going to be a deeply emotional and revealing journey through Lana's life, culminating with Wild On You/Colour Blue ending the album with once I found my way, now I am lost... which then leads us to a delirious Mike Dean produced masterpiece where all bets are off :legend:

I love how you think :brows:

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Lana’s voice hasn’t changed too much since 2016, so it wasn’t really noticeable with Yosemite on Chemtrails, but her tone was kinda changing a lot every year before 2015, her old vocals sounded way different than her current tone and I agree that it would be really weird to have songs like the original Cherry Blossom recorded in 2013 on a 2021 album. Just like with Yosemite, it wouldn’t really be noticeable with songs like Thunder that were recorded more "recently"

Maybe she re-recorded it? Plus I think we all need to understand that older songs probably will never be put on a recent album of only because she has changed a lot since then. Serial Killer, Queen of Disaster and Jealous Girl are all super pop gems… but she is 36 now. Not sure she wants to sing those live ever again. 

26 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Omg. Boz said thunder and CB arent the only leaked songs...

LL/COLOR BLUE/ITTJ make the most sense since everything else is out of the picture..or FRENCH REST? BECUZ OF U

I caught that too. I’m hoping Wild One, Yes To Heaven, Color Blue, or ITTJ. 

I’ve always loved Wild One, listening to it again right now. Gosh it would fit so well. Such a fucking vibe. She is wild and free, no man can handle her. 

24 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

stfu 

Stop being so childish. You are complaining about something with a really easy solution: If you are not excited about the album and there's no point in waiting... get the fuck out then lol :thumb3:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, DLT said:

I caught that too. I’m hoping Wild On You, Yes To Heaven, Color Blue, or ITTJ. 

I’ve always loved Wild On You, listening to it again right now. Gosh it would fit so well. Such a fucking vibe. She is wild and free, no mam can handle her. 

YTH isn't on it..he said she could have added that.. :(

NO TIME FOR CHANGE NO TIME FOR FUN

ITS ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY IT SEEMS

FOR US LANA STANS

9 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

YTH isn't on it..he said she could have added that.. :(

oh I missed that part lol. Oh well that’s fine we have like so many YTH anyways lol. I always loved it though. 

I’m really wanting Wild One, it and Color Blue seem most likely to me. However I wouldn’t be opposed to ITTJ, can’t help but stan it lol. I just feel like it would be a little less fitting but at same time could work. 

Btw, I updated the OP on the first page. Please let me know if you all think I should add anything I may have missed! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe she re-recorded it? Plus I think we all need to understand that older songs probably will never be put on a recent album of only because she has changed a lot since then. Serial Killer, Queen of Disaster and Jealous Girl are all super pop gems… but she is 36 now. Not sure she wants to sing those live ever again. 

Yes, I’m pretty sure (and I hope) she re-recorded the older ones. She was always insecure about her vocals, and her voice is much better and stronger now, Lana’s not as shaky as before, and she’s a perfectionist so I believe she could’ve re-recorded the old songs that are gonna be on the album to have a vocal delivery she’d really be satisfied with. There are things she couldn’t really do properly before and that she now nails, like belting, so if there are any old vocals she wasn’t satisfied with, the chances of her re-recording them are pretty likely

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

6 minutes ago, World At War said:

never really liked fine china or yes to heaven so i'm fine with them being out of it lol now, i talk to jesus...

I never really liked you

Mmeow~