Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This thread is confusion and idk what's going on but I maintain that new ideas > old ideas

I realise that all artists draw upon older ideas occasionally but it needs to be proportionate and appropriate. If they all fit with the theme then okay but she's changed this so many times that I'm not confident that the vision is clear.

You know, around the time of QftC she made it sound like she had all these earth-shattering thoughts and revelations that she was going to convey via her book and music, and now she's gonna put Thunder and Cherry Blossom on the album. WTF?

:oopna2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

45 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

If this album will contain that many unreleased tracks, we will be experiencing the PEAK of Lana’s laziness… How uninspired…

But go off I guess! 

Not the laziness thing again :yawn: I see it as a nod to us stans :heart:

20 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

You know, around the time of QftC she made it sound like she had all these earth-shattering thoughts and revelations that she was going to convey via her book and music, and now she's gonna put Thunder and Cherry Blossom on the album. WTF?

:oopna2:

I am thinking the same as you, I wish she seemed sure of what she was putting out like in the older days.  I miss when she seemed really passionate about the records.  I also saw someone say that Blue Banisters looks sort of like a ‘best of’ situation.

I also had a thought, which is a bit of a reach, that goes in line with her “iM WrItiNg my StoRy and NoBodY can telL it But mE” kind of thing where I feel she’s doing a Hounds of Love type of album where perhaps the one half is telling a cohesive story with connected songs and the other are songs that she thinks people want her to put out, to draw people in to the actual story (like The Ninth Wave, side b of hounds of love). I’m just fantasising about this because of the dogs on the cover really.  Probably a big reach, as I feel we know a lot about her story and I don’t know what else she wants to reveal.

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

:illumilana2: !! DELULU TIME !!:illumilana2:

I LOVE DELULU HOUR :defeated::defeated::defeated:

Wonder if we'll get the second poetry book this year with that album too, imagine all the potential merch this year... ah yeah :flutter: 

15 minutes ago, COCC said:

Us watching Lana reworking Cherry Blossom into an angry revenge rock song

Extremely unlikely but this concept has the same vibe as Rock Candy Sweet to me

We wish 

I know people are like, "tRuSt HeR vIsIoN" but at this point it seems like she needs some eyedrops 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

30 minutes ago, Shaw said:

“iM WrItiNg my StoRy and NoBodY can telL it But mE”

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

"tRuSt HeR vIsIoN"

Why does it always trigger me when someone writes like this 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vh9e5oe2ln91wzyrb8

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

so unbelievably stressed and under pressure, pls lana, distract me w your incredible music :legend:

Hope U get through it bestie, new music is upon us soon

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

so unbelievably stressed and under pressure, pls lana, distract me w your incredible music :legend:

Release all that pressure

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ow9fpki3ntmz1vexbe

2 hours ago, Paris Hilton said:

If this album will contain that many unreleased tracks, we will be experiencing the PEAK of Lana’s laziness… How uninspired…

But go off I guess! 

How dare this lazy bitch release an album containing new rendition of her unreleased songs the same year cocc is released! She must be crucified! 

nF70D0F.png

revisiting your old work does NOT mean laziness or being unspired. there is a right time for everything. as someone who writes, i often go through my old stuff to finish the uncompleted ones with a different mindset, read the ones that felt so personal that i couldn’t do it back then or just to feel the nostalgia through my own art. sometimes, something reminds you of your past or the people in your past and you find yourself thinking about old times which reunites you with things you wrote back then. it’s lana’s work and she has a right to do whatever she wants to do. i trust her vision and i am already in love with the 3 tracks she has given to us. 

3 minutes ago, ioncewaspoisonivy said:

i trust her vision and i am already in love with the 3 tracks she has given to us. 

Me too! And totally agree with rest you said.

Still channeling Dealer energy

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f0586140c32bcc73f2