Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

12 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

I'm sorry but who is this BoZ person? How and where can I find him and his inside info?

he’s a very reliable insider. You can follow him on Twitter (he’s private and doesn’t usually accept new follows) and he spills on ATRL (blackout zone)

"Don’t forget me"

She really should've just put out a Blue Banisters EP. The 3 tracks, using that artwork of her with the brunette hair looking away that had the title in like a type writer font... 

A little surprise release alongside the Blue Banisters music video (anyone know what happened there?) 

And then she could buy herself more time for the upcoming album.

Rock Candy Sweet is still an amazing album title and I hope we get to hear that track still... 

Imagining her doing a double a-side for the fans (like Charli XCX did with Focus/No Angel)

01. Rock Candy Sweet

02. Dealer

WW at max earbud volume makes my brain hurt lmao its one of those songs that makes me think there's a chip in my brain Rs1hVox.jpg

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

24 minutes ago, bored said:

Rock Candy Sweet is still an amazing album title and I hope we get to hear that track still... 

Yees and it's so versatile but it sounds retro and I assume more attractive to non stans. Blue Banisters sounds like an obvious ballad. I'm listening The Doors while reading this thread and I'm thinking how that title would fit with a 60s psychedelic rock + 60s synths. She has that 60s synth sound in Kill Kill but that song isn't even released so it's zero songs lol. I love the 80s but I hope she doesn't jump onto the bandwagon since every singer and their dog is into the 80s but it was cool to trash it before 2020.

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Lana PLEASE say ANYTHING at all to save me from my work weekend ennui. Laurel’s EP was delayed so i don’t even have that to listen to right now. I’d even take leaked information. Just something. Anything. :paris:

38 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Lana PLEASE say ANYTHING at all to save me from my work weekend ennui. Laurel’s EP was delayed so i don’t even have that to listen to right now. I’d even take leaked information. Just something. Anything. :paris:

Lana: :gasp:

If she doesn’t post anything today/tomorrow I’m assuming it’s going to be a surprise release with no fanfare 

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

If she doesn’t post anything today/tomorrow I’m assuming it’s going to be a surprise release with no fanfare 

to be fair, I’ve had a feeling it might be this way all along. She took the critiques about staying quiet to heart, and either with total sincerity or total contempt she is going to stay silent because any time she says anything people cancel her. 

9 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Me two seconds before going full delulu because a pixel on her website has changed :icant:

POV: it’s July 4th & Lana’s Instagram notifications go off & everyone moves

You’re waiting for the video to download & you hear her utter one word: “Sylvia…”

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

54 minutes ago, COCC said:

Me two seconds before going full delulu because a pixel on her website has changed :icant:

it only feels slightly delusional because she has mentioned wanting to surprise release, even before Chemtrails was announced, and then with Ben saying they can finally do something she’s wanted to do, and with the singles still never being mentioned by her and for all intents and purposes being a surprise release, it just adds up. 

obviously literally nothing could happen in the coming months and we could all suffer endlessly, but it doesn’t seem too unlikely she might just drop something without warning. 

but if she wants it to be a surprise why would she announce a date?? maybe if it wasn't actually coming july 4th that would make sense. but right now i believe boz saying that we’re avoiding a delay for the time being

1 minute ago, domandapiano said:

it only feels slightly delusional because she has mentioned wanting to surprise release, even before Chemtrails was announced, and then with Ben saying they can finally do something she’s wanted to do, and with the singles still never being mentioned by her and for all intents and purposes being a surprise release, it just adds up. 

obviously literally nothing could happen in the coming months and we could all suffer endlessly, but it doesn’t seem to unlikely she might just drop something without warning. 

Would love to see that! She spoilt a little bit of NFR for me by posting so many snippets. And COCC wasn‘t that suprising because it felt like a natural continuation of NFR. She seems to be going for a new sound and I would love to have it as a surprise drop :xcry:

28 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

POV: it’s July 4th & Lana’s Instagram notifications go off & everyone moves

You’re waiting for the video to download & you hear her utter one word: “Sylvia…”

…she announces her next poetry book “Behind the Iron Gates” as an audiobook collaboration with Kermit the Frog. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

20 minutes ago, COCC said:

Would love to see that! She spoilt a little bit of NFR for me by posting so many snippets. And COCC wasn‘t that suprising because it felt like a natural continuation of NFR. She seems to be going for a new sound and I would love to have it as a surprise drop :xcry:

It’s funny, because all those NFR snippets really got me hyped and that was definitely my most anticipated lana record. Even though we had heard a bit of everything by the time it came out, name moments more iconic than lana drenched in sepia lip syncing to love song. It was a cinematic event. 

I guess I prefer the surprise to the snippet overload, but the snippets do really get me excited 

22 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

It’s funny, because all those NFR snippets really got me hyped and that was definitely my most anticipated lana record. Even though we had heard a bit of everything by the time it came out, name moments more iconic than lana drenched in sepia lip syncing to love song. It was a cinematic event. 

I guess I prefer the surprise to the snippet overload, but the snippets do really get me excited 

Honestly same. I remember being least excited about the California snippet and the real thing blew my wig off. 

This dichotomy between not wanting them but loving them at the same time is how I feel about insiders too. I would prefer no info get leaked but when it does I eat that shit up so fast. Hell, I was one of those instigators tryna guess the White Dress acronyms lol. I just wish that if things were truly meant to be a surprise then they would respect that and let it happen that way, even if that means we’re in a news drought again :pft: