Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, not all who wander r lost said:

lipsters lend me ur energy for manifestations for a preorder tonight :pray2:

Legend says that if you scream Rock Candy Sweet three times in a row during a Thunder and with a lit candle, God herself will release Thunder

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952781929f702ceacce57

13 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I agree. Another good example is Sia. She was great when she wasn't that popular and since she got very famous most of her songs are basic and cheap.
She said that she is making music now to earn money and not for artistic reasons. I don't want Lana to become that kind of an artist.

This doesn't happen in Lana case. Every album is different, every album is non-commercial (even BTD and Paradise doesn't sound radio-friendly at all). Lana gave us trip-hop, hip-hop, baroque inspirations, rock, psychedelic, ambienty album, trap...many to mentioning. Lana is very versalite and we shouldn't worry about sales. She has loyal audience snd she probaly release another BTD type album.

And even if Lana will go into pop someday, it will be sound innovative, even like new music genre. Upbeat, happy but really sadcore-ish and dark at the same time. It wouldn't be in radio stations but really popular in Internet.

Just now, Surf Noir said:

lana del rey releasing her revenge album on the fourth of july would be extremely iconic and everything lana del rey does is extremely iconic, see how it's adding up?

image0.gif

Wouldn't it be a big FU to america on their national day? :gasp:
Lana is coming for bad press and a massive storm then :hype:

Mfhp.gif

Just now, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

Wouldn't it be a big FU to america on their national day? :gasp:
Lana is coming for bad press and a massive storm then :hype:

well, knowing her, it'll probably be a tribute or a celebration of the national holiday and her iconic & divisive americana aesthetic true.gif her "oh say can you see" 2.0 is coming! true.gif i'm here for it giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475d75c9e4f3f47c8b5c

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, scarlettohara said:

My post wasn’t directed at you, I actually agreed with all your posts! :bebe: We’re def on the same page here. :agree: Mine is directed at everyone who repeatedly threatens to “unstan” yet are still constantly here whining about literally everything. :brows3:

Sorry, I misunderstood.

My bad. Hope we cool <3

9 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

And even if Lana will go into pop someday, it will be sound innovative, even like new music genre. Upbeat, happy but really sadcore-ish and dark at the same time. It wouldn't be in radio stations but really popular in Internet.

So... born to die

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

30 minutes ago, COCC said:

Lighting one for her too. What a dumb thing to say.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493buyn9oahsscykejjcw6

I mean she is right. She makes her money from her basic songs.
Maybe she got so many downs that she wants to collect as much money as possible.
When she comes back to her artistic roots she doesn't care if it flops by then.
Most of her new songs from her movie are from 2017/18. That means she is sitting on a lot of songs waiting to be released.

Mfhp.gif

Since Lana’s going for revenge (such a broad concept), I’d live for the type of energy in the song “Live Hard, Work Hard, Love Hard” from the film My Blue Heaven, specifically Betty Grable’s part. Mitzi Gaynor’s character would be like a stand-in for all the new young singers who think they can just waltz in and replace Lana 

Spoiler

“You said it, so don’t you ask for trouble.” :smokes:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

when people are just asking for a bit more production value or professionalism.

I have a feeling this is why she's scrapped so much of the tracklist, maybe she's had some epiphany and she's feeling just as bored with the stripped back lazy hazy vibe that took away so much of COCC replay value. She's probably genuinely interested in changing gears and experimenting... because at the end of the day I truuuuuuly don't think she'd be petty enough in dealing with critics and toxic fans to let the music suffer.. she's always been about the music. However, yeah she should speak up a little.

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

people may not have any interest in slow acoustic songs, but that doesn't mean she should stop making the kind of music she loves because people may not care about it,

At this point, I'm wondering what exactly she cares about...

..def wasn't COCC.