Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

no ones asking that tho? not a single person on here asked her to hop on tiktok trends or get a #1 on the charts. asking her to at least talk about her music and give a sense that she still cares about her work, just doing the bare minimum isn’t asking her to jump on trends. these types of comments are giving "you want her to be pop and do btd again" when people are just asking for a bit more production value or professionalism. when i say the comprehension issues on here are rampant :eyeroll2:

The point was to focus on something you enjoy for once :)

tumblr_mz3kdruRrj1qgqjq5o5_r1_250.gif

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

why is it a big deal if she doesn't have the best streaming/sales? that shouldn't matter at all, if you care about streaming/sales you should stan ariana/dua/taylor instead, lana's music will never be that popular, she's making music that's impactful and isn't suited for everybody and i prefer it that way, if she wants her album filled with mellow, "slow-burn" songs that are heavy & meaningful in their subject matter, i think she should do that, she's always made music that was like that, whether or not people pay attention is not her responsibility, i don't see why it matters if she doesn't have a lot of great promo or if she doesn't have the best sales, all that should matter at the end of the day is the music :whatever2:

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

The point was to focus on something you enjoy for once :)

tumblr_mz3kdruRrj1qgqjq5o5_r1_250.gif

This is nice and I agree, this place would be much better if people could just be positive sometimes, but I don’t think some of the users on this site are capable of being anything but negative :hooker: it’s unbearable . 

i think some people forget that her debut single (and the song that brought her to the mainstream) was video games, a slow, almost dreamy ballad mostly comprised of piano & strings, some of the material from cotcc had more life & energy, yet video games was very popular and it's one of most well-known songs, people may not have any interest in slow acoustic songs, but that doesn't mean she should stop making the kind of music she loves because people may not care about it, she's aiming for more than mainstream tiktok hits, which i think is great, and i do believe her music will stand the test of time

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

why is it a big deal if she doesn't have the best streaming/sales? that shouldn't matter at all, if you care about streaming/sales you should stan ariana/dua/taylor instead, lana's music will never be that popular, she's making music that's impactful and isn't suited for everybody and i prefer it that way, if she wants her album filled with mellow, "slow-burn" songs, i think she should do that, i don't see why it matters if she doesn't have a lot of great promo or doesn't have the best sales, all that should matter at the end of the day is the music :whatever2:

not to mention that lana herself is not giving a single fuck about chemtrails not performing well on streaming she was done with it pretty much the second it released

and like I said days ago, I also don't think she's looking for new "stans" too, so it is what it is

yes I'd like more updates and concrete info dates, would like to see her perform on tv and do interviews and photoshoots but sis ain't up to that most of the time so complaining all the time definitely won't change anything

in the meantime

:hype: pre order tonight :hype:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Arguing is one of my favorite sports, but even I have to agree that it's becoming tiring. We're arguing about the same things over and over again without any new insight.

Let's keep our vibrations high and accept what Lana has to offer. If it's not enough, go listen to other artists. There are plenty out there. 

Having the same discussion every week is useless

i really love this video because joan says

"in the last 20 years i had two hits, i was not cut out to make hit singles but if they happen you find out that they're very financially useful" 

this really sticks with me and reminds me so much of lana. While lana has had some hits, has made some noise on the charts, she's not a hit maker. her art is about the body of work as a whole. This is exactly how Joan became a legend, it was a slow gradual build up for the appreciation of her music and songwriting. The same thing with joni, people 50 years later are just NOW appreciating blue. An album that faced so much criticism when it came out.  I know how Lana is doing things right now is frustrating and we all want to hear certain things and see certain things but at the end of the day she's going to do exactly what she wants. She's not intentionally a celebrity nor famous. Those things came to her purely because of her talent. One day people will be super appreciative of how low key and humble Lana is. The woman is worth over 30 million dollars and rakes in millions a year yet wears forever21 and goes thrifting. Lana is never going to conform to the mainstream idea of success or fame because that's not what she's ever done. 

We really need to take a step back and just be appreciative of artists like Lana because they only come once in a while. She has never let us down with her music, it's literally all good. And I'm sure the constant noise and criticism from stans completely distracts her from her process which is why things might be so weird now. Everyone light a candle and just breathe. 

faSE.gif

22 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

Everyone light a candle and just breathe. 

Ladies, you heard what we have to do

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bz4p75kvgebfkx3vwnk

Every candle counts as manifestion. This way we will get the preorder in a few hours.

42 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

why is it a big deal if she doesn't have the best streaming/sales? that shouldn't matter at all, if you care about streaming/sales you should stan ariana/dua/taylor instead, lana's music will never be that popular, she's making music that's impactful and isn't suited for everybody and i prefer it that way, if she wants her album filled with mellow, "slow-burn" songs that are heavy & meaningful in their subject matter, i think she should do that, she's always made music that was like that, whether or not people pay attention is not her responsibility, i don't see why it matters if she doesn't have a lot of great promo or if she doesn't have the best sales, all that should matter at the end of the day is the music :whatever2:

For an indie act she is very popular. I think they are just bitter because COTCC was too mellow and like a watered down copy of NFR.

Mfhp.gif

4 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

she's giving me anxiety. like, why can't u address the situation, bitch? 

Because you are a candle in the wind

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bz4p75kvgebfkx3vwnk

Embrace the freedom to go full-delulu mode. There is nothing holding you back!

28 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

i really love this video because joan says

"in the last 20 years i had two hits, i was not cut out to make hit singles but if they happen you find out that they're very financially useful" 

this really sticks with me and reminds me so much of lana. While lana has had some hits, has made some noise on the charts, she's not a hit maker. her art is about the body of work as a whole. This is exactly how Joan became a legend, it was a slow gradual build up for the appreciation of her music and songwriting. The same thing with joni, people 50 years later are just NOW appreciating blue. An album that faced so much criticism when it came out.  I know how Lana is doing things right now is frustrating and we all want to hear certain things and see certain things but at the end of the day she's going to do exactly what she wants. She's not intentionally a celebrity nor famous. Those things came to her purely because of her talent. One day people will be super appreciative of how low key and humble Lana is. The woman is worth over 30 million dollars and rakes in millions a year yet wears forever21 and goes thrifting. Lana is never going to conform to the mainstream idea of success or fame because that's not what she's ever done. 

We really need to take a step back and just be appreciative of artists like Lana because they only come once in a while. She has never let us down with her music, it's literally all good. And I'm sure the constant noise and criticism from stans completely distracts her from her process which is why things might be so weird now. Everyone light a candle and just breathe. 

I agree. Another good example is Sia. She was great when she wasn't that popular and since she got very famous most of her songs are basic and cheap.
She said that she is making music now to earn money and not for artistic reasons. I don't want Lana to become that kind of an artist.

Mfhp.gif

2 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I agree. Another good example is Sia. She was great when she wasn't that popular and since she got very famous most of her songs are basic and cheap.
She said that she is making music now to earn money and not for artistic reasons. I don't want Lana to become that kind of an artist.

Lighting one for her too. What a dumb thing to say.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493buyn9oahsscykejjcw6

6 minutes ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

at this point i don't think that'll happen, she's been writing/recording music since she was in her late teens and she's in her late thirties now, yet she hasn't given up her artistic integrity for anybody, she followed up her most successful and mainstream sounding album with a dark, droning alternative album with synth & psychedelic rock influence, very different from her first album which was very "hollywood sadcore" yet had bops and a very alt. pop sound, her very first album was acoustic/folk and she's never let that go, she's always stayed true :) 

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

at this point i don't think that'll happen, she's been writing/recording music since she was in her late teens and she's in her late thirties now, yet she hasn't given up her artistic integrity for anybody, she followed up her most successful and mainstream sounding album with a dark, droning alternative album with synth & psychedelic rock influence, very different from her first album which was very "hollywood sadcore" yet had bops and a very alt. pop sound, her very first album was acoustic/folk and she's never let that go, she's always stayed true :) 

That's why I don't get the haters or chart obsessed fans. She evolves and changes from album to album. In a few years she will release another LFL/BTD kind of album.

Mfhp.gif