Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

22 minutes ago, sycamore said:

NO MORE CANDLE IN THE WIND

1. title track

2. tulsa jesus candle

3. born to light up your night

4. shades of candle smoke

5. 24 candles in the wind

6. i voted for biden (spoken word interlude)

7. f it i light up your night

8. the wind never came

that's terrible ew :horror:

So short?

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95201bfe2a2f5b0a724ff

9 hours ago, VioletBunny said:
Spoiler

I was just thinking about how the controversies have affected her the past year or so and like, I really hate when fans say things like, and I’m guilty of saying this in the past but, “can she only talk about the music, enough with politics”. Like, imagine being Lana and pouring all your time and effort into making incredible music for your fans and they just water you down to a machine that churns out songs for them to listen to. Like, I’d be heartbroken if I was her and saw so many of my fans just openly dis her, even when they often agreed/understood what she was saying (e.g. qtftc). 

Basically, I think Lana has obviously stopped putting a lot of effort into her eras and has truly started only making music for herself so we can’t expect any major budget videos or thought out release schedules. And it’s kinda our fault:(

I don't think it's completely our fault. I think she's the type of person to be bat shit crazy in her 20s settle down in her 30s. Her music settled down with her. Even in 2019 when she received nothing but praise for NFR you can clearly see her starting to become more mellow before Question For The Culture and everything else. She was wearing a mall dress and looked more conservative and mature than her Hedy Lamarr edition. Some female singers are desperate in staying relevant and showing that they're on the same level as they were in their 20s while Lana isn't desperate and doesn't care about staying youthful and relevant. Rockstars have a similar pattern, their music is usually less and less relevant in their 30s, they're less relevant, their image becomes toned down and they don't care anymore about competing with the new ones but they're still a household name. If Lana promotes her album properly, puts a cute artwork and a couple of bops she does have to worry about pure sales. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Well I now have to self isolate until next Friday :( Luckily there'll be a new album for me to look forward to  :party:

(Yes, I'm delusional and manifesting)

23 minutes ago, shady said:

I don't think it's completely our fault. I think she's the type of person to be bat shit crazy in her 20s settle down in her 30s. Her music settled down with her. Even in 2019 when she received nothing but praise for NFR you can clearly see her starting to become more mellow before Question For The Culture and everything else. She was wearing a mall dress and looked more conservative and mature than her Hedy Lamarr edition. Some female singers are desperate in staying relevant and showing that they're on the same level as they were in their 20s while Lana isn't desperate and doesn't care about staying youthful and relevant. Rockstars have a similar pattern, their music is usually less and less relevant in their 30s, they're less relevant, their image becomes toned down and they don't care anymore about competing with the new ones but they're still a household name. If Lana promotes her album properly, puts a cute artwork and a couple of bops she does have to worry about pure sales. 

I don't think it's entirely about age. She already said in 2011 or 2012 that she just writes and makes music for herself cause that's what she loves. She's always been like this but at the start of her career (at least the mainstream start) her label had a lot more control over her than now. The amazing visuals from BTD (+ Paradise) were a mixture of Lana's amazing vision and her label making her pump out MVs. I'm sure she was like "if they are making me film 7 videos let's make them good".

It all changed with UV when she took almost full control (or even since Tropico cause it's amazing visually but I'm sure her label would have preferred a short standard MV than a 30 min short film). 

Then she started the trend of releasing the most accesible songs from the albums as lead singles (WC and HBTB) and now she just releases whatever she wants with a "big" MV for her favorite song(s) and that's it.

I think it's just the natural progression of an artist slowly getting full control over their art and career even while signed to a big label. But don't get me wrong, early Lana was still Lana she wasn't this manufactured product people think. It's just that she made the best out of her label obligations.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

One week and we don't even know it the alboom is even cumming <3  :pray2: Being Lana's stan is special.

pls we don’t even know what it’s called :bebe:

WOW HOLY SHIT Pre ORDUh

something is definitely happening today, having a very cool and fun and urban and strong feeling !!! 

RISE UP FIGHTers 

ShabbyHeavenlyAnteater-size_restricted.g

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

not cocc barely scratching 500k streams a day….the only song with over 100k streams is the title track the rest is around 30k per day…. BEYOND tragic like wow this makes godlymoon seem like an otherworldly commercial success. i’m sorry but those streams are unacceptable for a 3 month old album that had at least a bit of promo compared to this one… i’m scared the sales/streams will be ten times worse if she goes the "lemme stay mute" route :cryney2:

3 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

baptizing all u hoes who don't believe on the 4th it's cvmin quick ShabbyHeavenlyAnteater-size_restricted.g

that's cus it's coming on the 2nd :hooker:

ShabbyHeavenlyAnteater-size_restricted.g

here's the deal, what i can promise is i'll lie down like a bed of wildflowers

QnXJGq.gif

--

you know what, maybe what BOZ meant with the "i can't believe she's doing this" is that she's doing a digital only release (at least for now and physicals will follow later this year)

july 4th - the day the USA started writing their story, the day her story drops on streaming services

yup, post notifications are ON bitch

I woke up. I had a dream. I am serious 

Lana said "the album is coming . Be patient. It will drop on the expected date. It will have alot of oceanic vibes and moonlight vibes. It will be a night time album."

And then I saw a publication reporting about the release of her album..

really hope she removed all of the jack songs so he can recycle them for taylor swift, generous queen

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

really hope she removed all of the jack songs so he can recycle them for taylor swift, generous queen

exactly let him give the snoozefests to the wannabe folk cosplayer and keep the good stuff for us  :sass:

4 hours ago, hashtagtylerh said:

been reading more and this article literally links to those troll/parody/cover videos "Yusuf Bhactiar" makes instead of the actual songs... LOL

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/lana-del-rey-three-new-songs/

OH MY GOD I AM SCREAMING YUSUF GETTING THAT PROMO :trisha:

AE9-C50-BD-C5-EC-4-DFA-B104-94-F7-C7-E1-

48 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not cocc barely scratching 500k streams a day….the only song with over 100k streams is the title track the rest is around 30k per day…. BEYOND tragic like wow this makes godlymoon seem like an otherworldly commercial success. i’m sorry but those streams are unacceptable for a 3 month old album that had at least a bit of promo compared to this one… i’m scared the sales/streams will be ten times worse if she goes the "lemme stay mute" route :cryney2:

People literally bought the album :awkney: streams only matter for fads

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688