Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

9 minutes ago, COCC said:

I have just rewatched the LFL album trailer. We were so lucky back then

it would serve if she made a trailer like lfl for this album and instead recited a fierce monologue about getting her revenge 

2 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:

She won't pull a surprise album, let's be real!

Lock the thread and discuss Lorde instead :fabcat:

Lorde stans are getting desperate. The new Halsey stans :mj:

My friend in Taylorland says physicals were available for order on release day for folklore and evermore, but they didn't ship for months. So the music did not have to be sent to production prior to the release, and all those physical orders were still factored into charts on day one.

Doesn't this solve the issue of "due to Lana's unique need for physicals in order to chart, there can be no surprise digital-only release"?

Therefore:

Global digital release July 4. Full vinyl/CD selection available for pre-order on July 4. #1 chart debut. Vinyls ship in time for Halloween.

She's free to keep writing, recording, adding, and deleting all-new songs up until midnight on the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

My friend in Taylorland says physicals were available for order on release day for folklore and evermore, but they didn't ship for months. So the music did not have to be sent to production prior to the release, and all those physical orders were still factored into charts on day one.

Doesn't this solve the issue of "due to Lana's unique need for physicals in order to chart, there can be no surprise digital-only release"?

Therefore:

Global digital release July 4. Full vinyl/CD selection available for pre-order on July 4. #1 chart debut. Vinyls ship in time for Halloween.

She's free to keep writing, recording, adding, and deleting all-new songs up until midnight on the 3rd.

omg her horror halloween-esque album is coming

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

Therefore:

This is exactly what she did for Lust for Life. She didn’t finish writing/recording the record until June 9th 2017 (and then the final mixes/masters likely weren’t done until a few weeks later) and then she had a digital release on July 21st with vinyls not shipping until September 29th. And not that it matters to the art itself, but she still got a #1 in the UK and on the Billboard US chart, which is an extra perk for the label and her commercial success! So I would love a similar situation this time around :party:

I wouldn't surprised if she will make surprise release on Sunday. That she changed tracklist doesn't mean that she change lately. She could this idea in head and her notebook from long time ago and she submit now. But she could also adding tracks week before release (Taylor recorded "happiness" week before "evermore" was released).

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This is exactly what she did for Lust for Life. She didn’t finish writing/recording the record until June 9th 2017 (and then the final mixes/masters likely weren’t done until a few weeks later) and then she had a digital release on July 21st with vinyls not shipping until September 29th. And not that it matters to the art itself, but she still got a #1 in the UK and on the Billboard US chart, which is an extra perk for the label and her commercial success! So I would love a similar situation this time around :party:

These are the best data points ever! I think history's gonna repeat.

31 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

Therefore:

didn't the billboard rules change in january where physicals need to be shipped within a week of release?

same reason chemtrails was delayed until vinyls and cds were ready

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

4 minutes ago, archiemm said:

didn't the billboard rules change recently where they need to be shipped within a week of release?

yea thats not working anymore since october, it hasnt worked for evermore either. 

i honestly cant see lana releasing w/o a vinyl, i doubt its coming next week :toofunny:

image.png

1 minute ago, Golden Hour said:

What did BOZ say about Thunder?

well he never flat-out said it's on the album, but he tweeted some lyrics with a smiley emoji and a little bit after he said something like "okay, you win this time, just don't expect anything just because i tweet some lyrics" and we think that "you win this time" confirms that thunder is on the album

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

what if lana is starting to punish us for all the leaks and LDR8 is just the 3 singles + 12 already leaked songs

This whole time it's just a greatest hits album. The ULTIMATE revenge

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

9 minutes ago, archiemm said:

didn't the billboard rules change in january where physicals need to be shipped within a week of release?

I was hoping this rule change was just for bundling merch or tickets with albums. bummer

7 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

I woke up. I had a dream. I am serious 

Lana said "the album is coming . Be patient. It will drop on the expected date. It will have alot of oceanic vibes and moonlight vibes. It will be a night time album."

And then I saw a publication reporting about the release of her album..

I dreamed in 7th grade that Justin Bieber came to my school, took a picture with me and followed me on Instagram. Guess what? It never happened. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif