Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

imo we don't really have anything until it's released :fabcat: (yes this is probably higly unpopular, pls dont kill me :kiss:)

I do understand the want for some songs to actually be re-recorded to fit the album etc though!!

I think if you have a track in your iTunes account and on your phone, you really do have it. You have a physical file on your Mac or PC. 

20 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:
  Hide contents

i don't understand why she didn't just atleast record new vocals for these unreleased songs, her voice has changed so much since 2013 or whatever, but i guess it has a purpose. luckily for me i heard neither LL or NOTG, so when the album drops i'll have 7 new tracks to discover

Spoiler

Honestly, same :/ It bothers me a little, and although CB and LL are among my all time favourite unreleased songs, I would’ve liked new vocal takes. It probably doesn’t bother that many people, but I guess there are people like us who are more sensitive to the changes in Lana’s voice. If Lana still loves  these songs after all these years, it’s because they still mean a lot to her, so I don’t think it would be difficult to recreate the same emotion that there is in the original recordings. Having 2013, 2017 and 2020/2021 vocals on the same album and not even in a chronological order is a bit weird

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, 5Rick said:

Perhaps you should listen to Arcadia, I mean she wants us to listen since she’s releasing today :crossed: for all the rest I agree 

Yeah I'm tempted to listen to Arcadia actually...I haven't listened to the new snippet yet! I'll probably avoid the MV though because apparently it includes the interlude (unless it's only a part of the interlude lol) and I don't want to be left with only 6 unknown tracks. The dilemmas... :thumb2:

Honestly I'm glad she decided not to touch (apparently) most of the older, leaked songs. What she did to TNBAR was ----- a crime to say the least :toofunny:. The song went from what could have been a carreer defining song to a cute album track. So keeping Thunder, LL, Nectar and Cherry Blossom pretty much the way they are makes me happy, because they are all insanely good tracks.

Wy8jf2U.jpg

ya'll discussing the Fine China reminded me what I wanted to ask here. Do we know what other tracks were scrapped from the tracklist as she worked on the album? I would like to make my own deluxe version eventually hehehe:blush3:

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

omg that sounds so scary.

smile.jpg/smile.dog tease....:hdu:

Her creepy pasta era :defeated:when she becomes Jeff the Killer next...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I think if you have it in your iTunes account and on your phone, you really do have it. You have a physical file on your Mac or PC. 

I don't have itunes :poordat: I know you can listen to your local files @ spotify on PC. Not on mobile though :(
Spotify do need to step up their game, yeah

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

5 minutes ago, Araby said:

I read somewhere that this version of Dealer does not have final mixing finished + that the feature may be taken off the track. Apparently someone heard a snippet where it was Lana singing the verses. Can anyone confirm that this exists??

BOZ said that besides the weird sound in the half of the song (from the first LQ leak), everything was untouched, anf of course the feat was from Miles Kane

It left me with the impression that he wasn't sure if this is the "final" version of the song, maybe he had access to the demo but not the final versions of every recorded track? Idk

8nl2OpX.png

I can't believe the day is finally here :trisha: I'm so excited for this album, it really does seem so special to Lana

imageproxy.jpg

Also imo the standard official cover is the best one we've seen so far (let's see ab the 4th one).

It is so iconic already, she looks stunning and it reminds me of Ultraviolence vibes a lot for some reason.

yay @ a Neil Krug standard cover for the first time since Ultraviolence !!!

Wy8jf2U.jpg

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am not pressed about the leaked/unreleased tracks being reworked. I am just excited to see them in the context of the album and what they add to the narrative. It is so exciting honestly. I feel like she has so much emotion and enthusiasm for this record. It is nice to feel that energy and know this is a project that she is super passionate about. I missed that! Either way these specific songs were chosen for a reason. While I have heard each of them multiple times I am still eager to hear them again and see what they add to the album as a whole.

Also while reworking can add to a track it can also take away the magic too. We know this all too well with poor BAR.

2 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Yeah I'm tempted to listen to Arcadia actually...I haven't listened to the new snippet yet! I'll probably avoid the MV though because apparently it includes the interlude (unless it's only a part of the interlude lol) and I don't want to be left with only 6 unknown tracks. The dilemmas... :thumb2:

I feel u :cryney2:

2 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

BOZ said that besides the weird sound in the half of the song (from the first LQ leak), everything was untouched, anf of course the feat was from Miles Kane

It left me with the impression that he wasn't sure if this is the "final" version of the song, maybe he had access to the demo but not the final versions of every recorded track? Idk

I wouldn't mind a little fine tuning and clarity. 

Spoiler

Honestly, the only track I actually wanted to be reworked was Living Legend. The vocals on that song are very obviously 2013 to me, so I think the song would've sounded a lot better on the album with current Lana vocals (which I prefer to then lol). 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, luminom said:

Also imo the standard official cover is the best one we've seen so far (let's see ab the 4th one).

It is so iconic already, she looks stunning and it reminds me of Ultraviolence vibes a lot for some reason.

yay @ a Neil Krug standard cover for the first time since Ultraviolence !!!

the standard cover was shot by Neil? the one with the dogs?

1 minute ago, DLT said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am not pressed about the leaked/unreleased tracks being reworked. I am just excited to see them in the context of the album and what they add to the narrative. It is so exciting honestly. I feel like she has so much emotion and enthusiasm for this record. It is nice to feel that energy and know this is a project that she is super passionate about. I missed that! Either way these specific songs were chosen for a reason. While I have heard each of them multiple times I am still eager to hear them again and see what they add to the album as a whole.

Also while reworking can add to a track it can also take away the magic too. We know this all too well with poor BAR.

The thing with TNBAR is that she rewrote it and changed its original meaning, which isn’t necessarily something she has to do for every song. "Reworking" a song can also just mean perfecting the instrumental or recording more recent vocals for it 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~