Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This era won't be it, but if at some point in time she fully did and stuck to a retro futurism theme for an era, I'd be so here for it :hair:

imageproxy.jpg

12 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

I'd kill for Lana to do that spacey sound she wanted for LFL with Mike Dean I'd explode

Period. I need my spacey witch vibes album now 

Where was it confirmed Gaga is attending the Met Gala? - Gaga Thoughts -  Gaga Daily

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

any of y’all live in california? this is boring as fuck where are the people who stole 200 of her u releaseds come on guys this is your time to shine :oprah3:

Still waiting for them to leak the whole LFL demo album New York (Tiffany Pollard) - I Love New York

20 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

These new songs aged like milk for me already I'm guessing this will be another era not for me. Maybe LDR9 then...

New York (Tiffany Pollard) - I Love New York

You guys are so easily bored ?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

You guys are so easily bored ?

How so? I'm just saying the songs are not my cup of tea. I've tried to like them but it didn't happen, and that's okay. :kiss:

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

How so? I'm just saying the songs are not my cup of tea. I've tried to like them but it didn't happen, and that's okay. :kiss:

What type of songs were you hoping for?

51 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

I'd kill for Lana to do that spacey sound she wanted for LFL with Mike Dean I'd explode

god YES. im almost certain it won't happen on this album, but the eerie atmospheric synths and noises in Blue Banisters make me think that mayyyybe...... juuuuust mayyyyybeeeee..... it could be a slight possibility on a couple songs on this record :defeated: something like the LFL demo or Stargirl Interlude or Heroin would make me COLLAPSE!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I think 'Serene Queen,' cut from LFL as we know, had a vibe that was both 'futuristic'/techno-ish and 'witchy.' It's one of my favorite leaked tracks. 

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

idk but not more piano ballads that’s for sure :stareney:

I’m praying that these three ‘buzz’  singles are like the LMLYLAW of BB….Hopefully she takes it up several notches with production. You don’t really hire Mike Dean just to do piano ballads so she has got to have something up her sleeve.

Tbh I don’t really get the people who are like “HER SONGWRITING GROWTH!!!!!!” after the 3 new releases. 

Ok yeah, the lyrics are some of her most personal, but her lyrics have generally always been complex and multilayered. Also, the Blue Banister’s production is probably the simplest she’s released and it lacks a melody. Text Book is good but it sounds similar to the production of her past eras. 

I feel like people are equating personal lyrics and more stripped down songs to be more mature and therefore better songwriting. To me, something like AKA is way more impressive considering how unique and innovative the whole thing is, especially given the fact that nothing else sounds like still today this day AND she released it as an indie artist. Also, if you are praising her being so personal now, um hello? Pawn Shop Blues was released 11 years ago. 

I’m not saying these songs aren’t good or that it’s not interesting to see Lana evolve, but I don’t get how people are losing their minds over these 3 songs when she’s released AKA, UV, NFR, and BTD in the past, which may not be as personal or “mature” sounding, but were/are far more innovative and interesting given the period of time they were released in and in general imo. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

54 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

These new songs aged like milk for me already I'm guessing this will be another era not for me. Maybe LDR9 then...

New York (Tiffany Pollard) - I Love New York

I don't disagree with that, at first 'Text Book' was the only song that really struck me as great, I have given a couple more listens to the others and I think 'Wildflower Wildfire' is good, but I'm not really blown away, it's definitely the most "bombastic" song out of the three though. The so called title track is just aight. It's been a couple days since I have listened to 'Text Book' and it's still a good song to me, but I think I like the idea of the song's structure/melody more than I like the song itself.

I wish Lana would bring back fire songs, with bombastic energy, I'm over the sweet, subtle and "organic" approach to everything post-LFL.

11 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Tbh I don’t really get the people who are like “HER SONGWRITING GROWTH!!!!!!” after the 3 new releases. 

Ok yeah, the lyrics are some of her most personal, but her lyrics have generally always been complex and multilayered. Also, the Blue Banister’s production is probably the simplest she’s released and it lacks a melody. Text Book is good but it sounds similar to the production of her past eras. 

I feel like people are equating personal lyrics and more stripped down songs to be more mature and therefore better songwriting. To me, something like AKA is way more impressive considering how unique and innovative the whole thing is, especially given the fact that nothing else sounds like still today this day AND she released it as an indie artist. Also, if you want personal, um hello? Pawn Shop Blues. 

I’m not saying these songs aren’t good or that it’s not interesting to see Lana evolve, but I don’t get how people are losing their minds over these 3 songs when she’s released AKA, UV, NFR, and BTD in the past, which may not be as personal or “mature” sounding, but were/are far more innovative and interesting given the period of time they were released in and in general imo. 

I agree 100%, whilst her mature sounding songs are good she needs to let her hair down and have fun because it’s actually getting stale. I like the three songs I’m not bored of them yet, but if the whole album is like this then I’m gonna be very disappointed. She’s lost that fire in her belly she had with the first few records and it’ almost like she’s  scared to move because of critics.  I personally think AKA is way more interesting production wise and lyrically then anything she’s done in the last few years.  I’m not interested in her friends or how she wants to paint her banisters, I miss the Off To the Races and Cola type songs where she was more fun….it’ a shame she scrapped Serene Queen.  Now she’s getting influenced by country music and Nicki Lane, it’ not a good sign.

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I agree 100%, whilst her mature sounding songs are good she needs to let her hair down and have fun because it’s actually getting stale. I like the three songs I’m not bored of them yet, but if the whole album is like this then I’m gonna be very disappointed. She’s lost that fire in her belly she had with the first few records and it’ almost like she’s scared to move because of critics.  I personally think AKA is way more interesting production wise and lyrically then anything she’s done in the last few years.  I’m not interested in her friends or how she wants to paint her banisters, I miss the Off To the Races and Cola type songs where she was more fun….it’ a shame she scrapped Serene Queen.  Now she’s getting influenced by country music and Nicki Lane, it’ not a good sign.

I forget who, but someone here made a post about this a while back, about how they don't blame Lana for staying in one lane kind of thing since finally an album (NFR) was critically acclaimed and widely accepted/praised. I have to agree! Like even though it sucks, I can see why she feels comfortable like this. I hope she realizes that stans are stans though and we've always loved her wild fire no matter what critics thought  :ohno: