Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

20 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

it’s like I get u want her to give u pop. U want to shake your ass to her songs, but there’s like a thousand other artists that you can do that to, just let lana make the art she wants to make. 

god this tired ass argument again? no one, and i mean NO one, wants this from lana. no one. wanting some strings, beats, bass, mixing that doesn’t sound like it was made by amateurs, whatever isn’t asking for pop or “shake your ass" music. and wanting this type of production or anything that sounds as good as her production pre-nfr isn’t wanting BTD 2.0 either. she can make art, and she used to, with productions that are far more interesting or different than simple piano or over saturated fake drums. if y’all enjoy the garageband pianos great but accept that there are people who don’t. 

9 minutes ago, Max said:

What–

I don't hate you. I don't hate these songs, but here's the deal: I'm seriously tired of this type of counter-criticism, it's like whenever someone says "well derr I'm not sure about this/these new song(s)" or "I don't like this new song because ofreason(s)" there is always that one person that's like "UGH WE GET IT YOU WANT LANA TO DO BORN TO DIE OR ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0 GET OVER YOURSEL!!!!1!". It's like people can't just not like a new song/album, because they just don't like said new song/album. 

Normalize not liking something Lana does while not necessarily wanting her to release material that harkens back to a specific time and place in her career. I'll even go one step further, normalize just not being enthralled with her approach on specific albums, because you have like opinions and personal preferences.

I know this will sound annoying to some of y'all coming from me, the so called no. 1 NFR or Jack hater, but I said what I said. I

Seriously. Can't share an opinion that involves not being super satisfied or happy with recent releases without someone (1) assuming that means you're a BTD stan (2) assuming this means you're asking for dance/pop/mainstream or (3) someone insisting that you just have no taste.

I thought the entire reason of being on the forum was to discuss Lana's work, not for me to sit here and praise every single thing she releases whether it fits my music taste or not.

It's not even like anyone is like "this is garbage ew." We're straight up giving thought out responses or even something as simple as "not really feeling this style" and next thing you know it's, as you say, "UGH WE GET IT YOU WANT LANA TO DO BORN TO DIE OR ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0 GET OVER YOURSEL!!!!1!"

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

10 minutes ago, Max said:

What–

I don't hate you. I don't hate these songs, but here's the deal: I'm seriously tired of this type of counter-criticism, it's like whenever someone says "well derr I'm not sure about this/these new song(s)" or "I don't like this new song because ofreason(s)" there is always that one person that's like "UGH WE GET IT YOU WANT LANA TO DO BORN TO DIE OR ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0 GET OVER YOURSEL!!!!1!". It's like people can't just not like a new song/album, because they just don't like said new song/album. 

Normalize not liking something Lana does while not necessarily wanting her to release material that harkens back to a specific time and place in her career. I'll even go one step further, normalize just not being enthralled with her approach on specific albums, because you have like opinions and personal preferences.

I know this will sound annoying to some of y'all coming from me, the so called no. 1 NFR or Jack hater, but I said what I said. 

I dont think that anyone would get mad at you for not liking her recent songs. It‘s just that it‘s getting tiring at this point. We keep hearing the same complaints with every new record and, as an other user has said, the thread is so negative that I dont even want to engage in a discussion. :die:

It’s not that not liking something she does isnt ok, it’s just acting like she’s a has been and that her work is not art or that it is a “failure” because you do not like it that I’m talking about. Not everyone who isn’t into these songs feels this way, but some people seem to and that energy seeps into every corner of this site and it just becomes an unenjoyable experience. Some of the criticism feels rooted in anger or aggression, and criticism doesn’t and shouldn’t have to be like that. 

I hope she makes music that everyone can connect to at some point! I do!

and I guess ultimately, I should not let myself get emotionally invested in other peoples opinions, so I shall cease to comment upon them. Everyone should be able to feel what they are feeling! 

really interesting! i was on ATRL earlier and a lot of people were talking about how they've spent time listening to the new songs and they grew on them! lots of positive reactions as time goes on! Not that everyone has to like the songs but like....what is the point of complaining about her production, sound, and lyrics every single day on here? aren't you tired? can't you just be grateful that Lana is herself and she's literally just making quality music? I get wanting more but what people are wanting isn't what she's making so it's just redundant at this point. 

EVERY SINGLE DAY "i want better production, i want more beat, i want this i want that" You're not her clients? I promise you that Lana doesn't give a flying fuck what you want. If you're a fan then you chose to be, she doesn't push her merch on us or beg us for steams and sales. Give the lady a fucking break and just let her make music my god. 

:omg:

faSE.gif

8 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

god this tired ass argument again? no one, and i mean NO one, wants this from lana. no one. wanting some strings, beats, bass, mixing that doesn’t sound like it was made by amateurs, whatever isn’t asking for pop or “shake your ass" music. and wanting this type of production or anything that sounds as good as her production pre-nfr isn’t wanting BTD 2.0 either. she can make art, and she used to, with productions that are far more interesting or different than simple piano or over saturated fake drums. if y’all enjoy the garageband pianos great but accept that there are people who don’t. 

“…wanting some strings, beats, bass, mixing that doesn’t sound like it was made by amateurs, whatever isn’t asking for pop or “shake your ass" music.“

:omfg2: :eartha:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

really interesting! i was on ATRL earlier and a lot of people were talking about how they've spent time listening to the new songs and they grew on them!

The way ATRL is always the opposite of LB :horror2:

27 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Lol this is absolutely incorrect considering she quickly killed the extremely positive critics' and people's perception she gained with NFR with a few IG posts and interviews. Plus she put out COTCC which has nothing to do with NFR! and now these songs that are less accessible plus she's not working with Jack anymore who is a critics darling. Lol

That's just her fire personality as always though (plus I'm sure she expected it to go well lol) whereas music is a different arena imo. I don't think there's a massive difference in her sound since NFR either like BTD-LFL and NFR-BB have different vibes/heavy production vs ballads etc etc :creep: 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

So much sexual tension in here today

@PARADIXO one of the hottest members tbh

2 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

not me loving the sound the songs had (seriously I've streamed WW +30 times already :trisha:) but at the same time wanting a stargirl baddie wah-wah guitar witchy hip-hop album, can't pick a side

exactly how I'm feeling

but like I said before, I'm just not expecting anything more energetic anymore because to me it's clear she's still going down the lowkey production path that chemtrails went and she wants her music to rely mostly on her words right now

I honestly think it's better for all of us to lower our expectations regarding having a whole different production and instruments and expect something more chemtrails-y

that way no one will exactly lose

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

it's totally valid for people to not like her current work, but at least put some respect on the people who worked on it. you can't praise mike for clapping back at people who say WW is trash and then proceed to say it sounds like it was made at garage band when it probably took a lot of time to get to that dirtorted effect.