Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

ok, but imagine Lana making a mainstream pop song to destroy Taylor, Ariana and others, and then serve us performance like The Weeknd did on this years BBMAs.

We would all die, and it would be her best way to get revenge on criticism of her music and persona

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

ok, but imagine Lana making a mainstream pop song to destroy Taylor, Ariana and others, and then serve us performance like The Weeknd did on this years BBMAs.

We would all die, and it would be her best way to get revenge on criticism of her music and persona

Honestly, it'd be a serve if done well. 

Both Jewel and Garbage are not mainstream pop but both did pop albums that were really tongue-in-cheek and over-the-top and I feel like that approach would suit Lana perfectly. Listen to Jewel's Stand for an example

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Honestly, it'd be a serve if done well. 

Both Jewel and Garbage are not mainstream pop but both did pop albums that were really tongue-in-cheek and over-the-top and I feel like that approach would suit Lana perfectly. Listen to Jewel's Stand for an example

honestly, she is too lazy to do this

giphy.gif

im hoping Blue Banisters will give us another "sing along with a bunch of strangers while ur totally drunk anthem" like The Greatest :flutter: something anthemic, fairly upbeat, lots of guitar and drums, a big bombastic chorus to give you that real "this bar's about to close so let's just go sing on the street with a cigarette and what's left of this beer in my hand" vibe :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

6 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

im hoping Blue Banisters will give us another "sing along with a bunch of strangers while ur totally drunk anthem" like The Greatest :flutter: something anthemic, fairly upbeat, lots of guitar and drums, a big bombastic chorus to give you that real "this bar's about to close so let's just go sing on the street with a cigarette and what's left of this beer in my hand" vibe :flutter:

or something to have on your headphones for whole summer like Doin' Time

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

pls leak California Demo, I'm bored

Period :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

44 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

I don't think she's bothered about "destroying Taylor, Ariana, etc." at this point in her career? 

It seems like she just wants to tell her story authentically. :oprah3:

This bombastic pop song @ an award show just seems way out of character for her. 

And it would be the worst way to get 'revenge', imo. If anything, it would confirm the critics :shh:

1 minute ago, sweetie said:

I don't think she's bothered about "destroying Taylor, Ariana, etc." at this point in her career? 

It seems like she just wants to tell her story authentically. :oprah3:

This bombastic pop song @ an award show just seems way out of character for her. 

And it would be the worst way to get 'revenge', imo. If anything, it would confirm the critics :shh:

what I am thinking as "destroy" is just climbing to the tops of the charts.

How many times critics said that she is boring, and every song sounds the same? too many.

Making a catchy song will show that she can change

giphy.gif

I want at least a 20 minutes interview with a good, empathetic and smart interviewer. Someone like this guy:

I feel that he could help her have her ideas displayed more eloquently and not being misunderstood 

2 minutes ago, normanrockwhale said:

How many times critics said that she is boring, and every song sounds the same? too many.

Funny, because the most acclaimed albums among critics (NFR! and COCC!) are considered more boring than her previous stuff here :oic2: You don't need to do upbeat or pop music to appeal to the critics, Lana knows that.

1 minute ago, normanrockwhale said:

Okay well I'm happy for you that you have these dreams. It's nice to be optimistic. :shh: I hope you won't be disappointed when our stiff and shy singer who sings about childhood abuse in slow & depressing 5 minute ballads doesn't serve that fierce & catchy pop banger designed to please the critics.

Just now, sweetie said:

Okay well I'm happy for you that you have these dreams. It's nice to be optimistic. :shh: I hope you won't be disappointed when our stiff and shy singer who sings about childhood abuse in slow & depressing 5 minute ballads doesn't serve that fierce & catchy pop banger designed to please the critics.

Did I say that she have to do this, or the music she releases is boring and I don't like it? I said IMAGINE. stop being so mean 

giphy.gif