Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, Marius said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. My initial impression was of course very positive. I liked and (still do) the lyrics and some of the melody choices but now I’m kinda tired of how slow these songs are and I hate the piano now. I really do. Don’t get me wrong. Ultraviolence, HIAB or even Art Deco are slow as well but they have something in them that really draw an attention. BB is now my fav. Text Book production is too quiet as I said before. Looking forward to be hearing something else because I kinda ain’t feeling it since COCC.  

Flop is Butterfly is no way on the same level or even better as those three singles. Stop lying to yourself. :gurl: It might only be more interesting cause it sounds like it has 3 choruses  but not in a good way:bebe::sass:

But nevermind we have all different tastes 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

29 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think the term "piano flop" should be replaced with the bee movie script :blush:

Omg throwback to 2017 when the words “Your Girl” were replaced with “According to all laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly” 

52 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Ok?:sideeye: here come the ass kissers who cant handle an opinion different than o ma gawd i cant stop replaying shes a genius

here come those that can't handle an artist evolving and experimenting with new styles :pls: we keep replaying cause she IS a genius :understand:

i genuinely don't understand how people are listening to the new singles and don't think she's doing anything new? if anything, the new singles have ambience which isn't something we had with nfr & cotcc, text book has various tempo changes, the percussion at the end of wildflower wildfire might not be everybody's favorite but it's something different... :bebe: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i really think that 7 minute track that mike dean posted is something w/ lana

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i genuinely don't understand how people are listening to the new singles and don't think she's doing anything new? if anything, the new singles have ambience which isn't something we had with nfr & cotcc, text book has various tempo changes, the percussion at the end of wildflower wildfire might not be everybody's favorite but it's something different... :bebe: 

plus just because they were 3 ballads (and i don't even think TB was a ballad) doesn't mean that the whole album is going to consist of piano flops

even COCC is different from NFR, and we got a brand new sound with tracks like TJF and DBJAG, she's delivering

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i really think that 7 minute track that mike dean posted is something w/ lana

Yeah, let’s be honest, it’s not going to be Madonna. Only Lana can make and serve tracks longer than 5 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Yeah, let’s be honest, it’s not going to be Madonna. Only Lana can make and serve tracks longer than 5 minutes. 

I actually wish it was Madonna and she’d serve us Confessions 2 

1601238795_Hnet-image(9).thumb.gif.5f44e

Also saying, that only Lana can serve (nowadays) 5min+ tracks is very ignorant, because there are other artists than her. You people haven’t listened to St. Vincent‘s album and it shows. Her only 5min+ song, but an example of masterclass:

Since Lorde is coming, don’t forget this exists:

:umadney:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 minute ago, lamms said:

Also saying, that only Lana can serve (nowadays) 5min+ tracks is very ignorant, because there are other artists than her. You people haven’t listened to St. Vincent‘s album and it shows. Her only 5min+ song, but an example of masterclass:

Gurl, I think It was just a saying, of course there are singer with 5 minutes+ songs and they're incredible. I love Hard Feelings/loveless, it hits me hard every time. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 minutes ago, lamms said:

But did they learn not to turn into a wildfire? No :umadney:

a delay isn't that big of a deal cause at least we know when she delays something that she's still working on it and adding to it, unlike some artists who will sit on music that's been finished for years.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

18 minutes ago, lamms said:

ok and how many of them are working with mike dean right now ? exactly :pls:

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

ok and how many of them are working with mike dean right now ? exactly :pls:

That wasn’t the point tho. I was speaking in a general matter, just like @Crys10 was. :hottie:

Anyways~ Melodye Perry served angelic and goosebumps-inducing background vocals and we need more of that on the album, by which I mean, that Thunder better be on it. If I haven’t cried already by the beginning of the second verse, her vocals get me every time.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

30 minutes ago, lamms said:

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to sound ignorant. What I meant was I personally don’t like songs that are longer than 5 mins except the ones that Lana puts out. Venice Bitch is probably my favourite song closely followed by Chemtrails.