Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Okay, but a ballad ala Prince, Elton or even Whitney tho :dua:

A random brazilian twitter stan account in a few minutes:

??? According to an insider BB will be heavily influenced by the music of the 80‘s and have a Elton John feature and cover a song from Whitney Houston ???

Just now, Diamantes WILD said:

dtwd's bridge immediately made me think of elton john so that'd be great yes yes yes 

Springsteen first! :smile:

20 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

just not most of the aesthetic, this wasn't about the music just not that aesthetic no nuh uh nope neeooot nope tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

I mean... I'll take any aesthetic over the country/folk grandma style

tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, plastiscguy said:

I mean... I'll take any aesthetic over the country/folk grandma style

tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

oh god. love my gramma's but no lie my gramma's were a lot fashionable even as grammas, idk why many want to dress like one now, like go ahead that's fine be yourself, but it's just idk maybe i wasn't exposed to that kinda thing tenor.gif?itemid=5020641 im down for the country/folk vibes but i mean we've heard a good amount of it already, I don't mind the beatrix kiddo vibes tho so hope she goes more w that, personally rugged is amazing tho tenor.gif?itemid=5020641

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, COCC said:

A random brazilian twitter stan account in a few minutes:

??? According to an insider BB will be heavily influenced by the music of the 80‘s and have a Elton John feature and cover a song from Whitney Houston ???

as soon as i see those annoying ass red lights i know #that brainless brazilian twink posted it and it’s some bullshit :scoff::bebe:

2 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Anybody who wants Lana to do Elton music will find themselves permanently locked out of the forum. 

EXACTLY gaga can stick to that screeching old dinosaur if she wants but NOT lana. over my dead body. 

2 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Anybody who wants Lana to do Elton music will find themselves permanently locked out of the forum. 

(sorry this was posted twice for whatever reason and idk how to delete a post on here so…. nikki stinks:clapback:

Lmao I noticed that Elton John loves to talk about new pop stars (definitely not his pattern to collab with Lana but doing that in 2012 would look like him). When I saw him comment about Billie Elish and how he's a fan I was like "Boy, are you trying to attract Gen Z to buy your vinyl records?". What can a man in his 70s feel when listening lofi pop songs written by a 18 year old. I don't think he's creepy but rather that he wants to be semi relevant with the new generation who loves old music more than ever. Nothing wrong with hyping your favorite artist but I don't see Madonna or other artist with a huge legacy praising every new artist that has a similar vibe. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

32 minutes ago, shady said:

Lmao I noticed that Elton John loves to talk about new pop stars (definitely not his pattern to collab with Lana but doing that in 2012 would look like him). When I saw him comment about Billie Elish and how he's a fan I was like "Boy, are you trying to attract Gen Z to buy your vinyl records?". What can a man in his 70s feel when listening lofi pop songs written by a 18 year old. I don't think he's creepy but rather that he wants to be semi relevant with the new generation who loves old music more than ever. Nothing wrong with hyping your favorite artist but I don't see Madonna or other artist with a huge legacy praising every new artist that has a similar vibe. 

he really jumps on every upcoming female star it’s really weird: billie, rina sawayama, dua, phoebe bridgers… like man just accept you’re not very relevant anymore and let it go it’s kinda cringe :awkney:

22 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

he really jumps on every upcoming female star it’s really weird: billie, rina sawayama, dua, phoebe bridgers… like man just accept you’re not very relevant anymore and let it go it’s kinda cringe :awkney:

Exactly, I didn't know about the other artists but it only confirms my theory lmao. IMO there's nothing better for a celeb than having a quiet life after decades of a successful career and swimming in cash. Dude has a net worth of HALF A BILLION. Gramps pls sit your ass at home and buttfuck hot twinks from time to time.

We have to admit that he's still less desperate than Madonna who's still trying to have a career with her horrible autotuned voice and we all know how her opening of 2019 ESC went... Physical copies of her latest album are everywhere and all 50%-70% on sale. Yikes! 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

After the 3 emotional singles I'm praying for some bops (I know we are not getting another OTTR anytime soon but I know Lana still loves her little beachy bops like FIILY). I loved the 3 songs and even if I've already overplayed them a bit I know I won't skip them when listening to the album but I need something more lighthearted in there too. If she has a lot of word heavy songs on BB she has to be smart with the tracklisting cause even though I really really like the singles it took me some time and the first listen to an album is also important (even if the full potential obviously comes after some replays).

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

After the 3 emotional singles I'm praying for some bops (I know we are not getting another OTTR anytime soon but I know Lana still loves her little beachy bops like FIILY). I loved the 3 songs and even if I've already overplayed them a bit I know I won't skip them when listening to the album but I need something more lighthearted in there too. If she has a lot of word heavy songs on BB she has to be smart with the tracklisting cause even though I really really like the singles it took me some time and the first listen to an album is also important (even if the full potential obviously comes after some replays).

Exactly my thoughts! When first listening to the singles, I said to my BF: « This might be the first project from her that I’m not on board right away, that I need to get used to » Love the three songs, but my expectations must have created false hopes of what this album isn’t at the moment. But just like you, I hope we do get some lighter songs, because the three singles are heavy stuff lol

Maybe we’ll get news this week?

Honestly, I think an 80s aesthetic could be really cool if it was done right. It would make sense too seeing that that's one of the few decades we haven't seen her tap into sonically or visually. But I'm not sure it would really match the music we've gotten from this album so far. I don't think I could even give an exact answer to what this eras aesthetic will be at the moment. I was sort of thinking the settled down, country, midwestern aesthetic was gonna be it for this era, but she hasn't really been into that as of late (just based off of her few instagram posts and those paparazzi pictures, this is all just guessing lol). Looking forward to seeing what's to come :hype:

imageproxy.jpg