Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Just had my most delusional idea yet: What if the unreleased song is Pawn Shop Blues? 

I mean there's a video shot for it so 

Insiders are so freaking insane. 

she announced the album TWO DAYS AGO and after months of silence they suddenly have the whole album?? Yeah right :facepalm:

“there may be a leaked song with unleaked production”

sure Jan. 

"Don’t forget me"

14 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I don’t get why people don’t see NFR/COCC/BB as their own things 

no one calls BTD UV and HM the same album and they were all released within the same time frames as well

Maybe because NFR and COCC are literally from the same recording sessions?

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i don't disagree :oprah3: but also NFR COCC & BB are being released in the span of ~1 year 9 months (if my counting is right?) while BTD UV and HM were released over ~3 years 8 months. not including singles. also difference in sound between BTD UV and HM is huge

I guess I was sorta counting from when Mac and VB were released as the start of the NFR era

And for PSB I feel like it might be harder to release that considering it was already “released” and a different label owns the rights I believe ?

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Insiders are so freaking insane. 

she announced the album TWO DAYS AGO and after months of silence they suddenly have the whole album?? Yeah right :facepalm:

“there may be a leaked song with unleaked production”

sure Jan. 

get ready for some vague descriptions, ‘a cute song, 4 minuets long, sounds like white dress meets chemtrails’  it’s so easy to be a ‘leaker’ these day. Someones cousin from YouTube looking at upload thumbnails is barely a leak. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I don't see NFR, COCC and BB as the same thing. For me, while they're similar, I can hear the differences (this is just going off of NFR and COCC) both sonically and lyrically. I do think this album will be different than the last two though, despite the fact that currently, the BB snippet does sound sort of similar to them 

Also, in terms of the insiders, I've mentioned this, but I really don't believe any of them. I feel like you can make up anything and it'll fit. Unless we have an official announcement or I'm literally listening to an album/song, I don't buy any of it 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

get ready for some vague descriptions, ‘a cute song, 4 minuets long, sounds like white dress meets chemtrails’  it’s so easy to be a ‘leaker’ these day. Someones cousin from YouTube looking at upload thumbnails is barely a leak. 

I’m already over it :thumb2:

I get insiders can hear/know info on maybe a lead single, since it has to be at least a little close to release, since we have a video/snippet/‘album announcement’..so I believe descriptions like that 

But anything beyond that is just frustrating. Especially when all the ‘insiders’ run with it. 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I guess I was sorta counting from when Mac and VB were released as the start of the NFR era

And for PSB I feel like it might be harder to release that considering it was already “released” and a different label owns the rights I believe ?

i purposefully excluded singles because MAC & VB were released SO early... plus she teased so much of it. i just decided to count from official release because that's when the GP starts listening :nails:

i feel the same about PSB, and even if chunk made a video for it lana really did not acknowledge that at all or like repost it or anything... so doubtful. i would also say PSB production is perfect and i wouldn't actually want it to be reworked... omfgsankjfdxl;fsdgnfjbk but you know what? maybe thunder. maybe jack got his dirty paws on zach dawes's work again. i hope jack stays far away... please i have nothing against him but i just would LOVE love love love love someone different

sUcVobB.png

When I think about the Blue Banisters snippet, I’m really, really reminded of her unreleased catalogue from 2013. Not only do I think of the Black Beauty demo, Fine China, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom, and Colour Blue sonically, but also lyrically. Blue Banisters could be a natural evolution to portray the flip-side of emotions she was feeling in those 2013 songs. 

I also think this album is going to contain direct parallels to Behind the Iron Gates. We obviously haven’t read the book yet, so we can’t rule out any similarities to COTCC, but she finished writing COTCC in February 2020 and didn’t finish Violet until late June 2020.

I’m guessing she started writing Blue Banisters in the beginning of the pandemic (with Dealer) at the same time she started writing Behind the Iron Gates, posted QFTC, and shared Patent Leather Do-Over. That poem is so personal and beautifully crafted - I’m expecting a similar quality/nature/thematic content of lyricism on Blue Banisters, especially since she said in several interviews when Violet came out that her poetry writing while working on Behind the Iron Gates got better, as she stopped practising other things, but writing is writing - it’s bound to affect her songwriting positively too!

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't see NFR, COCC and BB as the same thing. For me, while they're similar, I can hear the differences (this is just going off of NFR and COCC) both sonically and lyrically. I do think this album will be different than the last two though, despite the fact that currently, the BB snippet does sound sort of similar to them 

Also, in terms of the insiders, I've mentioned this, but I really don't believe any of them. I feel like you can make up anything and it'll fit. Unless we have an official announcement or I'm literally listening to an album/song, I don't buy any of it 

I think the visuals are what can really separate eras for me. Like for example, the fact that Lana’s hair is brown in BB, and was predominately blonde in COTCC, the images in my head of the two albums are separating themselves. I really do get different vibes from BB, it’s just so full and atmospheric compared to chemtrails (so far).

15 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

mike dean did make beyoncé’s love drought and partition aka masterpieces. jack made... chemtrails production (which i love) but when it comes to blandness...

Holy shit, didn't know that. Masterpieces, indeed.

If that's the case - do y'all think there might be a bit of hip hop influences on the record? Mike Dean doing only country seems a bit odd to me.

if we think of blue bannisters in terms of first single, i think this album is off to a really good start. lana always puts out some sort of ballad first (video games, honeymoon, hope, lmlylaw) but that doesn’t really define the sound of the album. the only thing that kinda bothers me is that blue bannisters is the title track, i know it’s gonna be really good but idk if it’s gonna be title track worthy so i guess we’ll wait and see. really wish she kept rock candy sweet as the album name though :noparty: