Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

Gabe Simon confirms in an IG post that Blue Banisters and Text Book were written in October 2020, when Nikki Lane introduced him to Lana while in Nashville.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHVrySh-Qx/?utm_medium=copy_link

Zachary Dawes reposted it and also tagged Dean Reid (who has engineered previous records for Lana, notably Lust for Life and “The Next Best American Record” on NFR!), Darren Weiss, John Congleton, and Melodye Perry (who was one of the three backing vocalists featured on Summertime the Gershwin Version and LMLYLAW Live on Fallon), indicating they were also involved on Text Book. 

the covers of Wildflower Wildfire and Text Book are giving me acid flashbacks

Text Book is so beautiful. I hope the rest of the album sounds just as good as that song. :defeated: 

Wildflower Wildfire is great and made me tear up.

Blue Banisters is obviously very personal. I like it but I need a few more listens to get completely into it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I told ya'll that once these songs were out the same people that hated Jack and Grandpa Rick were going to be the same ones crying for them to come back lmao.

These songs just get better and better after each listen. I cannot wait for this album. I hope she really does put it out when she said she was going to.

I swear these songs don't feel like they're 5 minutes long. How does she have the talent to release long songs but yet feel so short :defeated:

All of the songs have a very present moment and intense emotional feeling to them. It takes a lot of mental attention, I had to fully immerse myself. I really like how its based in the present moment but then she floats away effortlessly to her inner thoughts.

Blue Banisters is way different than I imagined, but I appreciate how original it is. It feels almost like a fever dream of memories and thoughts coming together.  

Text book is the love song I though Blue Banisters would be (or atleast the closest so far) Another song that has a dreamy float away into imagination and emotions. 

In all of these I feel hope and yearning, but at the same time it comes across as euphoric 

Overall these felt hopeful, contemplative, dreamy, and understatedly wonderful!  

My only complaint is that I only listen on speakers (if i use earbuds my ears ring for days) And these have a lot of mumble-y vocals. Some parts I can barely make out :/ COCC has really clear vocals and i appreciated that. 

I like all three of the new songs, but Blue Banisters is a new classic for me, one of my favorites by her. The instrumentation is spare but haunting, and the melody is gorgeous. I also love that the song tells a story instead of being repetitive. Just a great work of art.

f9da8b3aee8139f5272b25f6c2fa7d6e.gif

OMGGGG I am stunned. Just had a gorgeous 2 hour walk with the songs on repeat and I think they are all absolutely incredible and unique. They don't really remind me of any her previous music, this is something new. It almost feels like singing and performance blended together, her poetry come to life even further through song. All three made me cry and they just get better and better with each listen. Mellow but INTENSE in their own subtle ways.

Blue Banisters is sooo beautiful and I think it makes a perfect album title knowing what they represent. All her sisters coming to paint her banisters green was just an unbelievably gorgeous moment. The vibe is sublime.

Text Book is shockingly good, I can't even comprehend this track yet. The verses are so intense and then the chorus is one of the warmest things I've ever heard. The lyrics are incredible, the mentions of her father and the desire to replace him through older men are fascinating and insightful. Anyone dragging her for the BLM reference is just sad at this point and only reinforces why she felt the need to include it. It's a very heartfelt and sincere moment followed beautifully by the desire to have her father there. 

Wildflower Wildfire is sooo good. The lyrics hit hard, especially the Patty reference. Heartbreaking. I absolutely adore the production of the second half as well. It's messy but in the exact way a burning fire should be.

Overall a triumphant three songs, I couldn't pick a favourite. These somehow make Chemtrails even better, Lana's development of the direction she's heading over the course of her career is just mindblowing. I can't wait for this album!!

I'm weirdly obsessed with 'Text Book', someone please send help. :rollin:

The melody is absolutely beautiful in an heartbreaking kinda way. Ugh.

1 minute ago, Max said:

ugh i wanna love text book so bad but the chorus doesn’t click with me. i am obsessed with the verses though :hair:

Okay why aren’t the lyrics on Apple Music yet!!!!!! I wanna be able to follow along!!!!!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

27 minutes ago, Max said:

I am the same exact way. It makes me tear up. It's so beautiful 

37 minutes ago, akalizzygrant said:

i love them alllllll

wait does that say May 29th:creep:

16 minutes ago, KingJay said:

wait does that say May 29th:creep:

Yes, Lana releases them in the future and we are hearing leaks. :creep:
Basically Lana leaked them for us until they come out on the 29th :gasp:

Mfhp.gif