TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Sky dear I will forever love u. I decided this. You delivered album of the century. I dont need more than that (even though I need more than that)

Unpopular opinion from this Little Ferrari:

NTMT is overrated and overpraised mostly because it's a good debut album, but it's not THAT great. I think the overall praise comes from the fact that she finished the whole thing in mere weeks after 3 years suffering of label hell, and it's still overpraised because it's her only album and it's been 9 years since it got released. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore it and I do think it's a highlight from last decade's female alternative pop artists. 

But objectively it's not great as it's far from perfect technically and lyrically. But it's a really good debut. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, mintconfetti said:

The thing is, my other stan artist is Taylor so I just can’t at the fact that Taylord released 7 albums from 2013 until now while Masochism never came. 

Lana released like 8 projects since 2013 as well

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

NTMT is overrated and overpraised mostly because it's a good debut album, but it's not THAT great. I think the overall praise comes from the fact that she finished the whole thing in mere weeks after 3 years suffering of label hell, and it's still overpraised because it's her only album and it's been 9 years since it got released. 

Don't get me wrong, I adore it and I do think it's a highlight from last decade's female alternative pop artists. 

But objectively it's not great as it's far from perfect technically and lyrically. But it's a really good debut. 

i was literally about to say this

NTMT is fine but  hugely overrated, even ghost EP was a better sound for her

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I feel like this is why we need a new full-length album from her. So we can have something to compare to. Ha.

SIRENS INTERRUPT THE SILENCE

7 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Who the fuck are Jack Harlow & Phoebe Bridgers?

7 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

:awkney: 

6 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

i googled, of course she's ANOTHER sad girl witch born & raised in the valley who collabs w/ T swift :eyeroll2:

6 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

yeah well, she's at least still making music :sadcore4:

6 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Good 4 her

Phoebe Bridgers music is amazing, you should check her out. 

It's raw, emotional and the production of her latest album is top notch 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6 hours ago, LanaDelEye said:

I feel like this is why we need a new full-length album from her. So we can have something to compare to. Ha.

Her next album will either reaffirm that she is a good musician and it was worth the wait, or it will make everyone start to ignore her in their yearly lists of great music. 

I'm so conflicted about this album. I mean, I can assure it's going to be a good album, but waiting almost a decade for it makes it insufferable and this wait almost makes me hate it too :sky: 

The way I'm making assumptions about an album that has not been released nor will it ever be

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Night Time My Time would've been a perfect album if she replaced Omanko and Kristine with other songs :crying4: 

But I still absolutely love it

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

coming here from the Ukraine thread because i really need to ease my mind

i hope that whatever's coming is really coming, i haven't been listening to sky for as long as some of you here so i can't even imagine the anticipation

it also hurts me that nobody's including Always Ready To Lose You on their Masochism tracklists, it sounds demo-ish but it's also a fkin bop :excited:

4 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

it also hurts me that nobody's including Always Ready To Lose You on their Masochism tracklists, it sounds demo-ish but it's also a fkin bop :excited:

Right? I would love to see a final of that on the album. The leaked one is clearly a rough demo based off the long instrumental parts/no bridge/only one verse

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Everything on NTMT but the title track is heavily overproduced. It's noisy and kinda annoying. It was ok when it was released, but it did not age too well, considering she did nothing new ever since. Unpopular opinion but I'd like an album full of DHLs more than NTMT 2.0

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Everything on NTMT but the title track is heavily overproduced. It's noisy and kinda annoying. It was ok when it was released, but it did not age too well, considering she did nothing new ever since. Unpopular opinion but I'd like an album full of DHLs more than NTMT 2.0

I actually think that its noisy and aggressive production are its huge advantages. It makes me feel that with that record, Sky wanted to show something real, raw, yet emotionally complex, and not to create another properly polished candy bland-beat pop crust. POPULAR OPINION